Banner by ~ Zero

What kinda stories would you like to see in an MLP fanfic?

Plonkett

If there was a story you wanted to see in a fanfic, what would it be? I'd like to see a revenge fic where after several griffons kill some filly's parents, she vows to get revenge as she grows up.

Another story I'd like to see is when Ponyville gets ravaged by a pack of bloodthirsty monsters and there's a high body count, with lots of gore.

• Brohoof 1

I usually like something sad with mild amounts of blood and gore in it, the reason is mostly because if done right, it is very interesting to see how certain characters that are normally very happy and adorable face some sort of dark reality. For instance, Pinkie Pie being a vicious murderer and how the other ponies react when they find out, Rainbow Dash losing her wings or becoming paralyzed in some sort of tragic accident and how she comes to terms with her new disability and what she does to find closure. Fics similar to those I usually just find very interesting to read, true, it's creepy and in a lot of cases heartbreaking seeing your favorite character going through so much agony, but also some sick part of you want to know how said character will react when put in such a situation. 

So basically, grim dark/sad tends to be my thing. :lol:

1. Equestria girls: Fluttershy coping with giving a presentation in front of the class. I would love someone with actual fears of this writing the story.

2. A Naruto x mlp cross over where Naruto and Fluttershy must convince tirek(or an equally bad character. I would love to see fluttershy sasuke interaction) to join the side of good. Both character are famous for reforming enemies in their respective shows :P

Edited by Ickery

• 2 years later...

Well, I'd like to see some crossover. Nothing big, nothing that's clearly pandering to some equally big fandom like Naruto, because heavens know that's likely been done. No, something a bit more out of left field. Some character from a real old show that's fallen out of favor for anything other than meme status.

A character that was unexpectedly entertaining despite what dreck it was slogged from. A character that was every bit as campy as anything we've seen from Discord; yet was clearly supposed to be an analog for the devil, but watered down for kids to take without parents getting their ruffs ruffled.

Why... I'm talking of course... about

Darkheart!

Time for a game of disappearing horses...

If there was a story you wanted to see in a fanfic, what would it be? I'd like to see a revenge fic where after several griffons kill some filly's parents, she vows to get revenge as she grows up.

Another story I'd like to see is when Ponyville gets ravaged by a pack of bloodthirsty monsters and there's a high body count, with lots of gore.

I know of a fic for each as a matter of fact :dash:

-Though the "you've killed my parents" revenge is not central to the story, it is to one of the main characters (Ace Combat: The Equestria War)

-The second I would recommend Equestrivania (though while the first story is finished, the saga as a whole didn't reached a quarter of it's original lenght), and the Harvinger 

I'd like to see a creative way to piss on common concepts from fans.  For example, give Rainbow Dash a boyfriend.  I think, if done right, could be one of the greatest fics ever.

There's a group of fics dedicated to Dashie being straight. Heterodash if I remember well. You may find stories of that there 

What kind of story I may like......? Well, I like stories with deep psychological elements, and also that subverts FiM's core message (not destroy, mock, or otherwise, just something like.... it's not perfect, there are more alternatives, scrapping black and whit morality, etc)

Know what I'd like to see? Some sort of setting in Victorian London era. Like that whole big city cobblestone street mystery where ,like, Twilight is Sherlock Holmes & Pinkie her Watson and they're chasing villains down narrow city alleyways or uncovering secret occult clubs that gather unbeknownst to the populace at large, that sort of mystery that the british isles is known for!

Or maybe some Film Noir. Some romanticized mystery where there is actual stakes of danger. Not, like, a whole lotta danger, ponies with guns is gonna sound silly but I imagine theres some unicorns out there that can manage some pretty fierce headbeams. Like the in-cannon stories of Daring Doo, but with less focus on action & more on the intrigue.

Which, come to think of it, there has GOT to be some fanwork of the Daring Doo series' titles.

I do like tales of magic gone askew & its up to our protagonist to figure out the why & how to stop it before it damages things beyond repair. Or perhaps, learn to live with the aftermath.

Like, oh, say right off the top of my head right now.  Explosions. Just explosions.

Just one day in Ponyville, everythings going as hunky-dory as it usually is, then things just start randomly exploding without reason. Twilight's front door suddenly decides to blast into splinters without anything touching it. The oven at Sugarcube Corner blows up with no one else in the kitchen or anypony having turned it on. Just without warning or logic, just non-flammable or normally inert things like apple barrels or lamposts are just beginning to shatter like blown lightbulbs. Nopony is getting hurt, but the residents of this small, provincial town are getting a serious case of PTSD & its up to our gals to figure who's causing it before somepony does get hurt!

Turns out its Michael Bay!!!       What a tweest!

Or maybe some sort of transformation that causes a character redistribution. Say, Twilight accidentally turns herself into a dragon so now she has to look up to Spike for direction & guidance.  For things like how to work claws or prevent herself from accidentally burning the books she's reading when she coughs.

Ooh! Or magical rom-com! Rarity turns into a dragon instead & has to ward off the awkward advances of an even more infatuated Spike! Hee!

I just really adore dragons, lol!  Supposed it'd work just the same, say RD turned griffon & had to get pointers from Gilda.

I havent read any MLP fics yet  :please:  But I have some preferences too

Alternate Universe stuff. Villains winning, or them being good from the start

Yes! I would love them!

Then also I would like some adventure fanfics like a typical quest on a RPG game: travelling arround equestria and beyond. and with comedy.

also some being the oposite as adventures: slice of life. with comedy as well. always comedy xD

I would not like the sad ones, bloody (or worse), dark, etc etc

then i guess I could read a crossover where the mane6 travels to Hyrule (the legend of zelda) or Mushroom Kingdom from mario :love:

Edited by Tropico

Badges

I really like 'slice of life' fanfics. Some sweet, sad, funny, fluffy day in the life one shots. I've read all kinds of fanfics, I would really dig something like that.

I love these as well. Something about the quiet day-to-day lives makes it feel that much more real to me. Just a day in Rarity's shop, or Spitfire's office, or in the throne room in the Crystal Empire, or on the porch at Sweet Apple Acres would be perfect to me.

Also, I wanna see a Twilight/Sunburst ship. 

• Brohoof 1