Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How often do you swear/in front of who?

Octavia_Melody2

Actually I have said the very bad n word a couple of times with friends.

Also I was accused of saying it in secondary school which is the only place that I never swear (well during class)

When I'm around my mom I don't swear really often. Around my brother or around my friends on themother hand? More than one F-bomb drops out in our conversations! XD All in innocent fun, off course!

Some of you may have noticed I also swear often on the internet, depending on the website.

I tend to swear the most when I'm alone. Then I swear occasionally around friends I know really well. And otherwise, I almost never swear. Cuz it'd be odd if the shy quiet one randomly started swearing.  :blink: Also, my parents would be royally pissed. 

• Brohoof 1

• 11 months later...

The worst word I say around someone is a**, but only my brother. Sometimes I swear f*** to myself, in my mind at school when I'm mad at a test and sometimes out loud at myself when I talk s*** on myself for being a brony. Is it normal to speak out loud to yourself?

I swear in front of people because it just comes naturally. But never in front of children. They are just words in my opinion it's just in the context you use them. Anything can be negative if you mean it to be.

• Brohoof 1

Really the only times I swear is online where I think nobody really cares, or when I think it's appropriate. Even then, more often than not I censor it, either partially or fully, replacing whatever word with *imagination*. It's actually really funny sometimes.

Sometimes I swear to myself, but that's only in private, and even then, I don't even say the whole word sometimes. I'm either afraid that someone will hear it, or afraid that I'll somehow offend myself. I'm weird.   :muffins:

The strongest word I've used around anyone other than myself was with my brother. He asked if I was angry with him, and I answered to him "Yer goddamn right!" Aaaaand he went off on a fuse because I guess he didn't get that reference.

Edited by Meson Bolt

I swear profusely around anybody, even my parents, just not in English. I usually only swear in my mother-tongue when I'm extremely pissed (which is only when I need coffee) or painfuly surprised (toe-stub, etc.). I swear casually in English around my friend, whom I have known for over 8 years.

• Brohoof 1

Ever heard the expression "swear like a sailor"? Yeah, that's me... f-bombs all day long. They just pop out. Besides, words are just words, they're only "bad" in context, and I could easily make "tame" words far more insulting than swear words. It's all in how you use language that gives it its real meaning and power, not the words themselves.

• Brohoof 3

I actually swear a lot, maybe too much even. Mostly just towards myself when I screw up something, me being my clumsy self. I should probably try to lessen my swearing. My little sister has started saying them as well 0.0

I swear all the time alone and in front of friends, it's just the way we speak around here and none of it is truly meant serious. In front of strangers, in public and in front of family or people I respect I don't swear at all unless something really serious has happened and I want to voice my concern about it in a very direct way.

I am extremely respectful to my parents, so I don't swear in front of them. Same with other adults. I gotta respect my elders. Nor do I swear in front of little kids. They can't learn that type of language at that age. However, with my friends I swear a bit, but not all the time. On the internet, I  type the f bomb sometimes. 

Unfortunately for me, I swear far too much. It is actually one of my worst habits. In real life it's hard to control when you're living/speaking in the moment, but luckily online when you have more time to think about what you say before you post it, like on an IM or forum post, it's a lot easier to control.

The fact I swear a lot doesn't mean that I'm always angry or rude, I am infact very polite. It just is, like I said, a very bad habit and I try my best to control.

• Brohoof 1