Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How often do you swear/in front of who?

Octavia_Melody2

I swear pretty damn often and in front of anyone. I swear in class, at home, with my siblings, parents, friends, in front of strangers, on the phone, at work, when there’s no one around and I’m talking to myself.  Over there, over here, On a boat, on a train, in the dark, with a goat, etc.

I don’t give ah fuck. 

• Brohoof 2

I don't swear on purpose. I know that sounds like the stupidest thing you've heard all day, if not ever, but usually when I swear it's instinctive. Like stubbing my toe or when someone surprise tickle me. (I ask you to please not question that :adorkable:)

I don't swear that much, but every now and then I'll slip up and blurt something out. It mostly happens when I'm by myself, so it isn't usually much of a problem.

I try to keep it to a minimum, especially in front of my mom (and girlfriend for that matter, even if it is in text form:P). But when you're around people, like my roommates, who cuss like sailors, it's hard not to let some words slip out. And when working on cars, like I do in school and at home, sometimes stuff won't work unless you swear at it. Sounds crazy but I have seen it work countless times. It helps to insult the vehicle sometimes, depending on the car that is. That being said, classmates and instructors are included in the list of people I "slip up" in front of.

• Brohoof 1

I dont swear things like the f-word or the b-word.. maybe shit a little bit.. only to my friends when I’m referring to something I hate.. I have said it here once or twice, overall hardly. 

I find myself keeping swearing to a minimum around kids under the age of 12, and will swear around adults less depending on my relationship with them. I'll swear around my mother all day, rarely at her though, because that's how our relationship is. With close friends I'll swear like a sailor, but around acquaintances or people in a professional environment, I ensure to not swear at all, even if they do.

• Brohoof 1

I never swear in front of my parents and siblings, or really anyone in my family. I only ever swear if I'm around certain friends or if I'm by myself and REALLY irritated with something. :P And even then I never use any "bigtime" words, if you know what I mean. :lol:

Edited by Lucky Bolt
  • Brohoof 3

I swear all the time

It might sound rude but I honestly swear in front of my parents,my siblings and classmates.My dad swears all the time in spanish and rarely in english.My mom swears in spanish sometimes too but is the least of my family to do so.Me,my older sister and younger brother also swear,so I guess you could say my whole family does.

I don't even know how it came to be.But somehow it became normal and we all got used to it.I think it had to do with my dad saying swear words casually as if he gave no fuck and beacuse School is full of kids using this vocabulary.My parents never told us to stop swearing which is another contributing factor.They don't seem to even care if I any of us swear or not tbh.

As for school,everyone swears in my high school including me. (Just not around any administrators or teachers)

I do try to limit my swearing in certain places like church,the skate park,grocery store,and during class.

I swear online too but not as much as irl. 

Edited by Messy Mane
  • Brohoof 1

I am actually trying to be less of a potty mouth, but I usually only swear when comfortable and the F word kind of just works it's way into my every sentence. So, only with people who I am comfortable being around like family or co workers I see almost every day.

To quote Rick O'Connell from "The Mummy (1999), "Every d**n day!" :lol:. The only words I don't use are the bigoted kind, because their is no excuse for bigotry, and I try not to curse in front of or around kids, public places (like restaurants, etc), religious people (unless their being jerks & I decide I want to tic them off:umad:), and on sites like this where its frond on. With the obvious exception of the bigoted words, I'm actually fine with cursing, do in part the studies that show it helps with stress, to my firm belief in "freedom of speech", and to the history behind it - the readers digest version more or less being as follows if memory serves. Centuries ago, rich nobles started declaring that the improper ways in which poor people referred to things ( such as "pig" instead of "ham") were "blasphemies" and "evil", and was used against them and it was from this kind of thing that we eventually got curse words from (and the stigma behind them). So basically the stigma against cursing boils down to just another form of classism :dry:. V sauce did a video on it years ago, fairly interesting to watch if I can find it again.              

I usually avoid interacting altogether, so I don't have many opportunities to offend a lot of people with my language. But when the situation calls for it, I swear freely and with little regard for who's around. I don't make a point to swear around little kids, but considering I picked up most of my worse language from them, I don't lose sleep over it if I find myself in a situation where I verbally cut loose in front of them.

I never swear, and normally when I do, it's reserved for occasions when i'm feeling very, very bad about something. I hope that it properly shows that if i'm angry enough to swear, it means that what i'm talking about is very important to me. But even then, I think that swearing can easily hurt a person's feelings, and I wouldn't like to be cussed out, so I don't do it to other people. I hate making people feel bad, even when I might not be feeling that great myself. I try to make my point come across using gentler words, because i've seen that they sometimes hit harder than swearing can.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm sorry to say I do swear a bit. It's not one of my most attractive habits but I believe it's important to be good at whatever I undertake, so when I undertake a good profane tantrum, I use all the pretty words on my considerable list. I don't swear in front of kids or anyone too dignified for my particular brand of eloquence. But when I'm mad I generally tend to let it out, and if a person of an eligible demographic is in my path, they'd better invest in some ear protection. :sealed:

You'd be pretty hard-pressed to get me to swear. As part of a language exercise, if I have to use a swear, then either my vocabulary wasn't wide enough to find the most suitable word for a situation, or I was just not smart enough to think of it.