Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Your opinions on the game Spore?

Codelyy

Spore is an old PC game made back in 2008 by Maxis who are now part of EA. The game was creating a creature of your imagination and controlling it through it being just a cell to exploring the galaxy so basically this game is about evolution and i think that's why some people didn't like it.

I love this game a lot because i love the idea of creating a creature of anything i could think of and just sort of guiding it through evolution but what most people do these days is just create random creatures and share them online but i don't think the spore servers are up anymore. :/

I would love to know what other people thought of the game since i thought it was a very fun and interesting game.

Got this game for Christmas the year it came out. I loved the concept, but I thought it ended up being pretty boring. It feels like its trying to be 4 different genres and it does none of them well, except maybe the cell stage.

Cell stage is like a free online flash game. Doesn't last long enough to really get boring, so I have no problem with this one.

Creature stage was a terrible action adventure game. Just run around and kill things or sing to them 'till they like you. Its cool to see the creatures that other people came up with, but this stage just drags on and on. 

Tribal and civilization stage were horribly dull rts games. Especially civilization, considering how dumb it is that winning by war and winning by religion is mechanically exactly the same. For real, you guys.

Space stage was like a 4x space strategy game, but not good. The only fun part for me was getting to the center of the universe. Everything else was kind of dull and repetitive. 

Common theme for every stage is the lack of depth. This is particularly disappointing considering that this is a game about evolution. 

The creation tools were great and I loved seeing what other people made, but the game part of this game was really lacking. It would be rad if they tried it again but improved the gameplay. 

• Brohoof 1

Got this game for Christmas the year it came out. I loved the concept, but I thought it ended up being pretty boring. It feels like its trying to be 4 different genres and it does none of them well, except maybe the cell stage.

Cell stage is like a free online flash game. Doesn't last long enough to really get boring, so I have no problem with this one.

Creature stage was a terrible action adventure game. Just run around and kill things or sing to them 'till they like you. Its cool to see the creatures that other people came up with, but this stage just drags on and on. 

Tribal and civilization stage were horribly dull rts games. Especially civilization, considering how dumb it is that winning by war and winning by religion is mechanically exactly the same. For real, you guys.

Space stage was like a 4x space strategy game, but not good. The only fun part for me was getting to the center of the universe. Everything else was kind of dull and repetitive. 

Common theme for every stage is the lack of depth. This is particularly disappointing considering that this is a game about evolution. 

The creation tools were great and I loved seeing what other people made, but the game part of this game was really lacking. It would be rad if they tried it again but improved the gameplay. 

I do agree with you there, It feels like they just rushed this game out to stores

Played it up until about a year and a half ago when it stopped logging in.

A few different support reps tried to get it working again but nothing worked. They told me the people who worked on Spore had left the company and that no one else could really figure out how to fix it beyond a certain point.

Sadly, I believe that.

I was so hyped for Spore when it was announced, but as the previews kept coming, it became obvious how lacking the gameplay was. Never got the game, and judging by the reactions and reviews, I'm glad I didn't. One of the rare cases when I did not buy into the hype

Just remembered this video. RIP Robin Williams  :(

^This.

They took all the potential, and turned what could have been an awesome game into... Ugh.

Ah. I remember this thing. Been ages since I've played it.

One of the few games I have on my computer, I often let the kids play it when I head over to my parents house. They seem to still play it and enjoy it a whole lot, and I guess that's what matters in the end!  :D

Spore is an old PC game made back in 2008 by Maxis who are now part of EA. The game was creating a creature of your imagination and controlling it through it being just a cell to exploring the galaxy so basically this game is about evolution and i think that's why some people didn't like it.

I love this game a lot because i love the idea of creating a creature of anything i could think of and just sort of guiding it through evolution but what most people do these days is just create random creatures and share them online but i don't think the spore servers are up anymore. :/

I would love to know what other people thought of the game since i thought it was a very fun and interesting game.

I loved it!

Heck if I didn't use up the 5 actvation per copy limitation I would play it again ^^

• Brohoof 1

I'm never playing that game again.

me and my friend, last year, played that shit for ELEVEN HOURS STRAIGHT. from 8pm to 6am, we created these creatures named after one of our friends and they were pretty ugly (the creatures that is... =P). i remember for hours we were locked in a brutal war against these banana people in the space age. once we killed them my friend pushed the keyboard under the desk (its in like this drawer-like thing) and turned to me and said "im done with this game" and he biked home.

I loved it!

Heck if I didn't use up the 5 actvation per copy limitation I would play it again ^^

You could always look for a free version on the internet if you really wanted to play it again

• Brohoof 1