Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Thoughts on first episode of season five?

BlackHawkSavior

I couldn't find any info on it and I want to hear what your thoughts are anyways!

The only thing we know about any definite info for Season 5's pilot was that it involves the mane 6 meeting a town that has the same cutie marks, all from that animatronic scene from that Comic Con.

Suddenly I had a glimmer of hope that I was wrong about the dates, but here I stand corrected.  :P

I couldn't find any info on it and I want to hear what your thoughts are anyways!

The reason you can't find any info on it is because it hasn't actually been released yet.

Only the animatic sketches (planning) has been shown to the public.

• Brohoof 1

I like the idea behind this, it has the potential to be some really great social commentary based on what was shown. It should continue this show's narrative of respecting individuality and going against the grain of generalization and standardization by society.

However, the series seems to be taking a different production schedule than it has in the past, and as a result, we don't have as much information about Season 5 as we did at the same time last year for Season 4.

• Brohoof 2

I hope there's more than that one village. Maybe a whole country trying to take over Equestria. I think this season will have some episodes focused on the castle and map, but I also hope they keep a sufficient number of SoL episodes.

Edited by rpc8169

I hope there's more than that one village. Maybe a who country trying to take over Equestria. I think this season will have some episodes focused on the castle and map, but I also hope they keep a sufficient number of SoL episodes.

I dunno about you, but I want my bat ponies this season >_> . I doubt they'll take away the slice of life episodes, but it seems the'll put more focus on adventure than before  :yay:

0/10. Seriously guys it was the worst primer ever. Like god awful, why did flash sentry need is waifu powered mecha suit to defeat all brony fan music creators oc's? And was that final fight between Lord Anders, Darth Vader, and The goddess Lahara reborn Twilight Sparkle really needed? Did they really need to split equestria into 30 different dlc packs?

• Brohoof 2

Saw the animatic.  Looks like they mean to have the ponies do a magic pony version of Rescue Heroes.  I have my doubts about this, but then I had my doubts about Season 4 & that worked out.  In the words of an old song "When you're hot, you're hot...", so I will give them the benefit of the doubt & wait & see.

When I was a kid, I hated to wait for XMas.  Now, it is just another day & I am SO out of practice.  Hasbro, in your next life may you be an elephant & be pregnant for 22 months & learn what it is to wait for something

Just hope this ain't the year they "jump the shark".  Still, they've had a few clinkers but overall this is probably the best since Animaniacs or Bonkers back in the 80s, so here's hoping  (IMO, the 2 golden ages of cartoons were the 30s & the 80s)

I thought it was fantastic, blew me away. Celestia's death was handled even better than I hoped it would be.

Yeah, although it was kind of disrespectfull that Discord married Fluttershy in that same episode.

• Brohoof 1