Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Scootaloo's sister?

PROJECT: Simon

Rainbow Dash, silly face :3

We know of no one from Scootaloo's biological family, but from how she's fauned after Rainbow Dash since the very beggining, and then evolved to wanting Dash to be a sister figure to her in Sleepless in Ponyville, one might draw the conclusion that she doesn't have a biological sister. That might not be a big deal by itself, but since both of her best friends who she constantly hangs out with have caring older sisters to look after them, it's something that Scootaloo probably came to yearn as something she'd like to have, too.

For all intents and purposes, Dash has become a surrogate sister to Scootaloo. It was established in S3, but didn't get much attention in S4 outside one or two scenes like the following, where a moment was grasped between them. Note the trio of sisters comparison. As a big fan of Scootalove myself, I'm hoping to see more of their established relationship in Season 5.

• Brohoof 3

Rainbow Dash! That's what it's meant to be at least. Applebloom and Sweetiebell have theirs and Rainbow Dash acts as Scootaloo's surrogate sister.

I think it's really shown in the the episode "Sleepless in Ponyville" Season 3 Episode 6

Yes Rainbow Dash. Not only should you watch "Sleepless in Ponyville", but also watch or rewatch "Flight to the Finish" as there is a great Scootaloo and Rainbow Dash heart to heart toward the end that really adds to the dynamic between them. 

Bg4CsXW.png

• Brohoof 1

Yes Rainbow Dash. Not only should you watch "Sleepless in Ponyville", but also watch or rewatch "Flight to the Finish" as there is a great Scootaloo and Rainbow Dash heart to heart toward the end that really adds to the dynamic between them. 

Bg4CsXW.png

I can't believe I forgot "Flight to the Finish" it's one of my favorite episodes! I guess that's what I get for not doing or watching anything pony related for months.

• Brohoof 1

It would be cool if in the future the show told us that she has a long lost sister, who is moving to Poniville, and the episode is about Scootaloo getting used to having a sister, but then she feels sad that she can't hang out with rainbow that often if she hangs out with her sister, and has to decide what to do.

img-3186830-1-Bg4CsXW.png

Not so much, really. The way Dash treated Scootaloo in that episode was hardly continious with the setup given by Sleepless in Ponyville; they didn't really have any heart-to-heart moments, and Dash didn't really seem to act like they had established that relationship at all. All Dash did was act as a transportation for getting the CMC to have a heart-felt moment among each other x) Honestly, that 5-second moment I linked in the second video in my post up above had more of a 'them as sisters' feel than the entirety of Flight to the Finish had.

This is mostly me being rather picky, which is why I was dissappointed in that aspect of the episode. Flight to the Finish seemed to have Dash be more of the 'mentor/helpful friend' part of the 'Mentor/Sister' relationship than any of the actual 'sister bonding' part. I really want to see more of the sister bonding stuff, because I feel there's more to gain for both Dash and Scootaloo's characters for them to bond further, prefferably one-on-one x)

I always had this headcanon that Scootaloo had an older brother who was much older than she was and doesn't really hang out with her, which is why she bonded with Rainbow Dash (who might be a bit like this brother) and wanted a big sister instead. 

But yes, Rainbow Dash is her big sister- at least, her sister figure.  :D

• Brohoof 1

Not so much, really. The way Dash treated Scootaloo in that episode was hardly continious with the setup given by Sleepless in Ponyville; they didn't really have any heart-to-heart moments, and Dash didn't really seem to act like they had established that relationship at all. All Dash did was act as a transportation for getting the CMC to have a heart-felt moment among each other x) Honestly, that 5-second moment I linked in the second video in my post up above had more of a 'them as sisters' feel than the entirety of Flight to the Finish had.

This is mostly me being rather picky, which is why I was dissappointed in that aspect of the episode. Flight to the Finish seemed to have Dash be more of the 'mentor/helpful friend' part of the 'Mentor/Sister' relationship than any of the actual 'sister bonding' part. I really want to see more of the sister bonding stuff, because I feel there's more to gain for both Dash and Scootaloo's characters for them to bond further, prefferably one-on-one x)

Probably a large part of the reason I see the sisterly bond during the that short talk in Flight to the Finish - and connect as part of an overall 'Scootalove' arc - is more of a Rorschach view than an objective analysis. I heard myself in Rainbow's pep talk and I saw my kid sister in Scootaloo's frustration in dealing with an emotionally crippling moment. It's easy for me to recognize a mentor relationship as part of the older/younger sibling dynamic. I see your point though.

It would be cool if in the future the show told us that she has a long lost sister, who is moving to Poniville, and the episode is about Scootaloo getting used to having a sister, but then she feels sad that she can't hang out with rainbow that often if she hangs out with her sister, and has to decide what to do.

I think Scootaloo having an actual sister would defeat the purpose of Rainbow Dash being a surrogate. The point in Rainbow Dash being a Cool Big Sis to Scootaloo is to express the idea that you don't have to be related by blood to be sisters. The two of them function well enough in a sibling relationship together, therefore they are siblings and no one would offer any sort of replacement for her.

I bet it's Fluttershy. Both are grounded pegasus, weak fliers, nearly identical color schemes, (Fluttershy yellow with pink hair, Scoots, yellow-orange with darker pink hair)

They could be long lost sisters.