Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

First Jobs?

halcyonharlot

Well everypony, I'm a big girl now! I've officially become a part time wage slave at my local McDonald's. In honor of this TRIUMPHANT ACHIEVEMENT, why don't we all share some first job stories? Where we worked, what kind of crazy nonsense we had to put up with, etc.

It was pretty easy for me. I applied last night and they called, interviewed, and hired me today!

Plus they all over the place and they hire pretty much anyone so I'm sure you'll be able to land a job there sooner or later!

It was pretty easy for me. I applied last night and they called, interviewed, and hired me today!

Plus they all over the place and they hire pretty much anyone so I'm sure you'll be able to land a job there sooner or later!

Ya but I don't think I'm old enough. Not sure what the minimal age is for McDonalds :o

Ya but I don't think I'm old enough. Not sure what the minimal age is for McDonalds :o

Pretty sure they hire at 16. At least that's how it is here in Michigan.

My first job was at a Retirement Home. WORST JOB EVER. SERIOUSLY. Never work at one.

Now I work at a Chinese Restaurant.

what was so bad about it?? O :

I don't have a job yet. I'm 14. I volunteer alot though; in fact I'm volunteering tomorrow at the Veteran's Hospital for about 7 hours. I've volunteered at the Soup Kitchen too. It's feels great when you help people. :)

• Brohoof 1

Currently an unemployed bum. Applied at a grocery store, and will probably work at a local carnival store (caters to local carnivals, parties, etc) working in stocking.

I don't have a job yet. I'm 14. I volunteer alot though; in fact I'm volunteering tomorrow at the Veteran's Hospital for about 7 hours. I've volunteered at the Soup Kitchen too. It's feels great when you help people. :)

Ah, that's great! This summer I'm going to try and start volunteering at this local shelter for victims of domestic and sexual abuse.
  • Brohoof 2

Oh, I'm 16. Hopefully it's the same age in New York :P

Yeah, just go ahead and apply online. Since you're under 18 you and your legal guardians will probably have to fill out some kind of consent form to let you work, but they'll probably tell you all about that if they call you in for an interview.

what was so bad about it?? O :

Ok prepare for some tl;dr.

First off, it was full of mentally deficient old people. IE: Dementia, Schitzophrenia, Alzheimers...etc. They would always try to escape and steal things so we had to use a code on a keypad to open all the doors and stuff.

Secondly, I was a "Dietary Aide" so I had to go and change all the ice and water around the building. Pretty creepy with all those old people I might add. I also had to prepare a coffee table and help set up food trays. All that had to be done like 20 minutes after I got there.

Then, I had to take 7 or 8 food carts all around the building to the correct locations. Again, creepy cold people.

Fourthly, I had to then wash around 400 food trays. Which had plates, cups, silverware, trash, and other stuff on them. I had to do this alone. With one dishwasher. No one helped me put the things away.

After that trial, I had to mop the entire floor and put all the trays and carts away....All this in 5 hours.

Then, if that wasn't bad enough. I had to cycle home over 4 miles away...woo~

• Brohoof 1

I worked at a snack shack i New York State for awhile, the pay was good. I'm looking to see if I can get a job at gamestop right now.

Working at gamestop would be fun, but my knowledge of some of the more popular titles in woefully inadequate. From what I understand they want you to be pretty well versed in the art of vidjoe james, which sadly, I am not.

/sits in the corner with dumb baby games

Ok prepare for some tl;dr.

First off, it was full of mentally deficient old people. IE: Dementia, Schitzophrenia, Alzheimers...etc. They would always try to escape and steal things so we had to use a code on a keypad to open all the doors and stuff.

Secondly, I was a "Dietary Aide" so I had to go and change all the ice and water around the building. Pretty creepy with all those old people I might add. I also had to prepare a coffee table and help set up food trays. All that had to be done like 20 minutes after I got there.

Then, I had to take 7 or 8 food carts all around the building to the correct locations. Again, creepy cold people.

Fourthly, I had to then wash around 400 food trays. Which had plates, cups, silverware, trash, and other stuff on them. I had to do this alone. With one dishwasher. No one helped me put the things away.

After that trial, I had to mop the entire floor and put all the trays and carts away....All this in 5 hours.

Then, if that wasn't bad enough. I had to cycle home over 4 miles away...woo~

Jeez that sounds crazy! A chinese restaurant sounds like a welcome change from that :P

Working at gamestop would be fun, but my knowledge of some of the more popular titles in woefully inadequate. From what I understand they want you to be pretty well versed in the art of vidjoe james, which sadly, I am not.

/sits in the corner with dumb baby games

Sounds like the perfect job for me. :D

Ah, that's great! This summer I'm going to try and start volunteering at this local shelter for victims of domestic and sexual abuse.

That's great! Good for you :)
  • Brohoof 1

My first job?

Right after I got my flank kicked out of the college, I tried to be a door-to-door salesman, selling canned beef and spatula.

You have no idea how happy I am when I got my 1st successful transaction :P

• Brohoof 1

When I was 15, I got my first job at the Sweet Martha's cookie place at the Minnesota State Fair. Did that for two summers. You would not believe the amount people are willing to pay you to shovel cookies into buckets.

My first job, when I was 18, was when I worked as a Machine Operator in a Hasbro distribution center. I basically had to make sure the machines were packaging the game boards that came off the conveyor belts properly. The only downside about working in a warehouse was that the work became so repetitive, real fast.

Money was decent, but Hasbro then laid off like a few hundred people months later, myself included XD. That was fun times, haha.

i was a student custodian at one of the local junior highs for my first job. I hated it, it was so hard trying to clean with 11 old mexican ladies when i dont speak a lick of spanish!! i spent the whole evening bein yelled at in a language i didnt understand and gettin mops thrown at me....literally.... The only upside was the free food, and the little pay i got

I'm 20 and I still have never had a job. I think I'm... pretty sad. :(

It depends on the circumstances whether or not I'll be getting one anytime soon. Though I would like to, they always reject me for not having prior experience.

I had my first job at 18... and I still have it... and I'm still 18!

I work in a grocery store at minimum wage. It's alright as a student job, but I wouldn't want to do this for the rest of my life! :P