Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

If you could only pick one episode to show a non-brony...

WakkaMole33

(edited)

"Read it and Weep" because it's basically a metaphor for becoming a brony.

Edited by Kenny
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

The most recent episodes have done an amazing job of breaking away from what one would expect out of a 'girl's show', so I'd go with anything between Putting Your Hoof Down and Hurricane Fluttershy(those 2 are also included, of course). Lesson Zero could work too, since it's probably the best episode of anything ever. :P

Edited by Super Brony Bolt 64

I'd go with Luna Eclipsed as well, or the Return of the Elements pt 1. Mainly because it shows a sense of distress, and it shows all of the characters at bot their best and worst times

• 2 months later...

I think episode 1 season 2 is a better choice. It's 2 parts, almost guaranteeing that they will watch 2 episodes, also it's not that bad of an episode :3

Lesson Zero. Got me hooked, it'll get anybody hooked. It's delightfully insane and deliciously maniacal. Dangerously entertaining and dutifully attention-grabbing. Undeniably chaotic and unforgivably humorous.

...These adverb-adjective combos doing anything for ya?

• Brohoof 1

Party of 1

That was the episode I was shown to convert me into a brony :D

I'd choose The Ticket Master personally, however. It's a great introduction to the intended style of the show, and the characters themselves. The monologues about why they want to go to the Grand Galloping Gala are a good way to learn each character's personality. Plus, there's Pinkie Pie's famous oatmeal line :D

Otherwise, it'd be any episode centered on the mane six in general, with no focus on one in general.

May The Best Pet Win!

I feel like I'm the only one who shows Find a Pet...

Not at all. That was my first choice, because from the opening dream sequence to the killer musical number to Rainbow's over-the-top boyish antics, it's one of my favorite episodes of the entire series and definitely an episode any guy can like.

But since then, God-Animators of Equestria have blessed us with the Holy Grail (or Holy Hand Grenade) of "guy episodes"...

Read It And Weep

"Read it and Weep" because it's basically a metaphor for becoming a brony.

Very well said! Whether conscious or subconscious, the parallels are uncanny.

It's got everything, from Rainbow crashing and ending up in the hospital (a wonderland of in-jokes and sight gags), to her awkward discovery of the joy of reading, to everypony's favorite adventure heroine Daring Do.

That anyone could watch Daring's brilliant Indiana Jones send-ups and not absolutely fall in love with the show on the spot is inconceivable, and probably not possible without violating several known laws of the universe.

But perhaps most importantly, it's a Rainbow Dash episode. And as everyone knows, Rainbow Dash Is Best Pony.™

What more could anyone need? :wub:

My first episode I watched was hald of Read it and Weep. I was so hooked!

Either that or Lesson Zero would get their attention.

Sonic Rainboom as well.

Honestly I'd probably go with either Suited for Success or The Last Roundup. Both take rather typical girlie slow fare (pretty dresses, making the family proud) and show their not-so-typical slanting. Suited for Success is really more about artistic integrity and in The Last Roundup, Applejack traps herself with her word and her pride and in the end doesn't "do her best and come out on top." They're episodes with easy setups that have an intelligent take to them.

Or, of course, Return of Harmony Part 1. That's more likely to get someone to sit right down and pay attention, because Discord's talking, ya pony twerps. ;)

lesson zero requires you to know a lot about the show. I would pick an episode that dosent rquire as much knowledge about the canon. Maybe putting your hoof down. Italmost expilcitly states the morlas of the show and is well, good. But really I dont think it matters. just how them a good episode and however they react, they react.

sonic rainboom is my episode of choice to show non bronies.

I'm surprised I got hooked so bad on this show watching season 1 episode 1... But man Fluttershy was sooo epicly adorable during her first 30 seconds of screen time. I desided right then and there that I would watch every single episode just to get more Fluttershy. 8 minutes in and I was hooked.

so true. same exact thing that happened to me. i want her to have a really awesomely cute solo song in season 3 it would be epic

its like "I HAVE A FEVER....AND THE ONLY PRESCRIPTION IS MORE FLUTTERSHY!"

For me (my favorite episode) would be Read it and Weep, gonna show it to my Mom soon, wish me luck. ;)

• 2 years later...

The best night ever - Despite the girly premise and beginning, it's a rather enjoyable episode once they start to finish to see the mishaps that aren't fun, along with the funny and adorable moments they have to make it fun, worth a try

Party of One - Just like the above mentioned, a rather goofy and interesting episode that's sure to make others double think about this show who thinks it's all normal

Fall Weather Friends - This entertaining episode definitely has the great feel of seeing rivalry at it's best through tough and competitive moments, the lesson and hard goings the two make to beat each other throughout the episode makes it a watch as well

• 3 months later...

This is really hard for me to decide because while I like a lot of episodes, it's hard for me to think of them without the context of the other episodes.  I'm gonna say

• Party of One
  • Return of Harmony
  • Lesson Zero
  • Sisterhooves Social
  • Hurricane Fluttershy
  • Flight to the Finish
  • Rarity Takes Manehattan
  • Pinkie Pride
  • Inspiration Manifestation
  • Twillight's Kingdom

Wait a second.  By my count, that's more than 1.  Shoot, I still can't decide.   AHHH!

Alright, if I must pick one, I pick Party of One, just because it's kind of startling upon first watching the show.

You may only get to show them one episode so it better count.