Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

If you could only pick one episode to show a non-brony...

WakkaMole33

Depends entirely upon the person who is putting me up to the challenge. You'd need to take a good look at their taste and then select an episode which appeals to it the closest. Not all people who don't watch the show want to see something completely ridiculous and subversive like Lesson Zero and the like. Hell, I can think of several friends of mine who would be repelled by the over-the-top DBZ style presentation of the season four finale, though I so often hear bronies referring to those scenes as the magic medicine to compel the uninitiated to understand and what more, respect their unique taste. Frankly, that's not always how it works.  :huh:

The first episode of Season 1 might be a good choice considering that it introduces the characters really well and ends on a really good cliffhanger that might make them want to watch the next episode to see what happens. And then they'll have watched two episodes. 

Although, Return of Harmony part one might achieve those same things PLUS having Discord's awesome character and voice, so on second thought, I might choose that....
I would also consider Lesson Zero or Sonic Rainboom. It really depends on the person.

Daring Don't.

I'd show it because it's awesome considering a pony pegasus ranger is battling someone while an over reacting fan messes it up.

It also shows mlp isn't always the magic of friendship.

To turn them into a brony: Lesson Zero

To torture them:

Well, if it's my very uncreative family who doesn't appreciate art: Suited For Success. (I personally love that episode.)

If it's a random person: The pilot Episode of G3. 

If it's only G4: Call of the Cutie

I'd go for 'The Last Roundup'

I just think it's really well written, the humour is wonderful and its definitely a more mature episode I guess you could say  :D