Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Things You Dislike, That Most Bronies Like; And Why

Castle Bleck

Fall Of The Crystal Empire (Silly Filly Studios)...

Bronies: "Sombra finally got developed!"

Me: "He's still evil just because; only now he's monologuey, overconfident, and cowardly in defeat (unlike the show's no-nonsense trapmaster, who dies roaring in rage). And he ends up just being fodder for Nightmare Moon."

Edited by Antagonist
  • Brohoof 11

What do I dislike that most bronies like?

Princess Twilight. While I won't get into the details in this particular thread, I've never liked the idea and most likely never will. Along with my dislike for Twilicorn, either as a consequence of it or as a factor contributing to it, I didn't like the Season 4 premiere and finale at all. It's perfectly fine for others to like her, certainly, but Princess Twilight simply isn't my cup of tea. Of course, I dislike alicorns and the idea of alicorns (more generally, god-monarchs, ruling classes/castes, and ubermenschen leaderships) as a whole, so that's probably a factor.

• Brohoof 4

The changeling "hive mind" thing. No offense, but to me that insinuated that changelings can't think for their own. As the comics shown, it looks like there is a military hierarchy in the changeling military, and I would like to bet there is some sort of Changeling Empire, or something like that.

For me, that is more preferable.

Fall Of The Crystal Empire by Silly Filly Studios.

Bronies: "Sombra finally got character-development!"

Me: "He was the same For The Evulz overlord from the show. Only now he was overconfident, monologue-y, and cowardly when facing defeat (unlike the no-nonsense trapmaster whose dying moments were spent trying to bully the Crystal Ponies one last time). Also, Luna/NMM being the one to banish the Empire didn't even make microcosmic sense. The trailer was more original than this."

As much as I liked the animation, I can totally agree with this. I'm one of the few who absolutely loved Sombra's portrayal in the show, so I can totally understand this.

• Brohoof 2

I've never cared for brony-made music  :wau:

Same here.

As for me: Trixie.  I never liked her.  I hate it when people talk in the third person.  I hate it when she talks in the third pony. That uppity Barbie doll of a pony can suck an egg for all I care.

Edited by Nit Pick
  • Brohoof 6

A lot of bronies apparently love analysts in the fandom but I honestly never liked any of them. I don't know why exactly, I just never found analysis videos to be enjoyable on the slightest.

I also do not like the vast majority of Brony music. Kind of an overrated genre in my opinion.

The whole waifu thing. Yeah, I never really seen a point to it myself.

The Smile Song. Actually, I don't hate this song. I don't even dislike it. I actually like it. However, I kinda see it as an overrated song in the series. Where's the love for the Cupcake song?

The mantra of 'love and tolerance'. I like the idea of it, but the way it is used in this fandom isn't very good.

• Brohoof 9

I've never cared for brony-made music  :wau:

Woah.

You´re missing out on..

well everything.

Anyways,i´ve never really liked the whole "overanalyzing" thing.

i understand why people enjoy it,though.

it´s just that i am not the kind of guy who thinks about stuff like "why did this character act like this in that scene?does that mean something?"

too much.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)
On 10/22/2014 at 11:09 AM, PathfinderCS said:

I'm one of the few who absolutely loved Sombra's portrayal in the show, so I can totally understand this.

Ironically, as per these:

...Show!Sombra is the most-original villain.

Edited by An Antagonist
  • Brohoof 1

I don't now if this counts, but a lot of the pony memes irritate me to no end.

I'm not saying all of them are bad and I'm guilty of using some more than once, but is when an alright idea is taken and run into the ground. The "TO THE MOON!" was never funny yet I still see it to this day and do not get me started on the sheer deluge of bat pony artwork after "Bats!" aired. Yes, it was neat to see Fluttershy get turned into a bat, but they were everywhere for months afterwards to the point I felt like this.

Also, I hate the hatred for Flash Sentry. Yes, he wasn't the greatest of characters but the lengths some people go to. Having Flash Sentry in any fic is a one-way ticket to be down voted into oblivion by people who have not and will never read the story in question.  

• Brohoof 5

Hate is a strong word but I've never cared about background ponies all that much unless they became a part of an episode's story.

I also dislike most pony fanart. Way too many look like generic clones of ponies in the show, using the exact same artstyle and everything. I tend to prefer anthro and human pony art most often and I'm not particularly tolerant of crappy artstyles.

Or there's fanfiction. I don't read much at all. I prefer things in comic form if I read anything and there's very few pony comics, or at least that I've found.

• Brohoof 1

Fluffle Puff: All I see is an annoying one joke gag who is married to Crysilis for no reason

I never cared much for Crysislis. There's not much to her besides being typical and she's kind of stupid seeing as how she told everyone her plan when anyone could still stop her.

I never cared for most brony music. It's mostly dub step which I don't care about.

Also, most background ponies I don't really care for (besides Lyra and Doctor Whooves). 

• Brohoof 5

Not saying I entirely hate it, it has some funny moments, there is not much I like about Friendship Is Witchcraft. 

It depends on where you look with how hated it is. More recently, people are starting to realize how unfunny it is. Though if there is one thing I like about it, it would be the songs (besides the incest one) because of how upbeat and catchy they are.

• Brohoof 2

It depends on where you look with how hated it is. More recently, people are starting to realize how unfunny it is. Though if there is one thing I like about it, it would be the songs (besides the incest one) because of how upbeat and catchy they are.

The Mentally Advanced Series (after the first few episodes) is way better in terms of comedic delivery in my opinion. I'm not surprised that people are waking up to the lack of comedy that is FiW, but I hope it doesn't dissolve into hate comments. They worked hard on it even if it was mostly duds.