Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Things You Dislike, That Most Bronies Like; And Why

Castle Bleck

Hating on the Mane 6 - Without any of the Mane 6, the show wouldn't be the same.

Sunset Shimmer - Annoying in the first movie, bland as hell in Rainbow Rocks.

Sonata Dusk - She's just an evil version of Pinkie Pie and Derpy to me.

• Brohoof 2

I'm kind of mixed on his GoW videos. Some of his points are true, but I feel as if they're a little too... negative? Or at least in my eyes. Sure, the fandom isn't perfect, but that applies to many others.

As for the Tumblr thing - he does seem pretty tolerable at first glance, but when you dig further he really does have questionable morals. Tenaflyviper, a Tumblr user, has exploited many of his actions, even though Jerry attempted to cover himself by calling Tena "insane" - and in a public video, no less. I'm unsure which video, so I can't say for sure.

But if you like Jerry Peet, that's cool. He may be not my cup of tea, but I can definitely see why people like his Glass of Water videos.

I don't always agree with him on his Glass of Water videos, but I find that they're at least somewhat intelligently constructed. The only one I disagree with entirely is the one about why bronies like the show, and it came off as snide and condescending to those who say they like it for any other reason than it's funny, or for having standards and not liking certain episodes for reasons.

Also, to be fair, Tenaflyviper isn't perfect, either. I won't go in depth with her here as I dislike talking about people behind their backs on a public forum, but I personally feel she's not an example to go by, and I caution against readily agreeing with her on everything just because she's in defense of bronies.

Ummmm........................pretty much 90% of the stuff that comes with the fandom.................or any fandom for that matter...........I don't hate it........................just a lot of it I ignore

I enjoy watching the show...........and my other forms of media..............I'm not too big on talking about it in depth unless someone else brings it up........*shrugs*....................I guess you could call me a lazy fan...........I enjoy most of the people I've encountered on these forums...............but that's the people...........

I don't always agree with him on his Glass of Water videos, but I find that they're at least somewhat intelligently constructed. The only one I disagree with entirely is the one about why bronies like the show, and it came off as snide and condescending to those who say they like it for any other reason than it's funny, or for having standards and not liking certain episodes for reasons.

Also, to be fair, Tenaflyviper isn't perfect, either. I won't go in depth with her here as I dislike talking about people behind their backs on a public forum, but I personally feel she's not an example to go by, and I caution against readily agreeing with her on everything just because she's in defense of bronies.

Yeah, at least I'll give Jerry credit for that. There were times where I almost agreed with him on some of this GoW videos, until I realise the flaws in some of this arguments. I too agree that he wasn't too nice when trying to explain about why bronies like the show. Obviously good writing and characters should be the biggest priority in a show.

Hmm, I can see your point. It has been a while since I've visited her Tumblr, but I guess I also agree that even if her arguments are honest, they also come off as a little pretentious.

• Brohoof 1

God, I hate Friendship Is Witchcraft to the CORE, I DESPISED Magical Mystery Cure, and I'm getting really sick and tired of the Creepypastas in this Fandom!

Edited by Psycho Warp

I never really liked slow music (except for 'letter to me')

Back on the topic of bronies, I hate that everybody depicts pinkie as a psychotic killer. I just never really got the point of it. (That also made me fear cupcakes, it's got to be the weirdest thing when you offer me a cupcake and I just stare off into space with a disturbed look on my face.)

• Brohoof 4

Yeah anything related to smile.hd and pony.mov and shed and whatever >.>

Also no, as I recall the ponies that carry luna's carriage are bat ponies, IIRC. Theyre a legit breed

• Brohoof 1

What? Most bronies don't hate the mane 6!

Some people find the mane 6 to be overrated and gush over ponies like Derpy, even though she has very little screen time. 

There's nothing that annoys me more than when Derpy's the delivery mare in every single fanfic. I mean, seriously? At first I didn't mind, but when a bunch of fanfics have some unneeded Derpyness in it, it annoys me to no end. I guess it's what lead me to dislike her.

• Brohoof 1

I'm not sure if I said this but while I don't hate I didn't like Twilight's Kingdom as much as other people did. The battle between Twilight and Tirek wasn't one of my favorite moments in the show and it didn't have as much emotion as Magical Mystery Cure.

--------------------------------------

Alicorn Twilight

No.... Just no.... Hasbro, look. No matter how many episodes you cram down our throat that say "Twilight isn't any more important than her friends", we will know better. You've god-modded a main character that you've already established as the most powerful of the mane 6 (wielding the "rarest and most powerful" element of magic), and then making her royalty and an Alicorn on top of it all, what were you thinking?!?!

A character with a level of power that is completely in-proportionate to the rest of the main characters is meant to be a guiding force (Like Celestia and Luna) not an acting force! Sure, main characters are supposed to be more important, sure there is usually a main protagonist out of these main characters that is often a little stronger, but not to this extent...

Never to this extent...

The closest thing to that is DBZ, but even then, at least it was established that main characters OTHER than Goku could provide a match for the antagonists; and while it always fell on Goku to save the day, Piccolo, Krillin (as many times as he gets owned), Gohan, and Vegeta still provided decent challenges for the antagonists on several occasions... With Twilight, though.... I mean look at Tirek! Effortlessly mowing down literally every pony in Equestria, and even Discord, and his only equal match was Twilight... Sure they defeated Tirek "Together" with rainbow power, and the other alicorns stored the rest of their magic in Twilight before that, but through the entire episode, Twilight did literally ALL THE WORK!

Hasbro should admit that they dun goofed, have Twilight give up her alicorn ascention as some sort of noble sacrifice in order to save everypony, push her into the background like Celestia, Luna, and Cadence, or give the other main characters power-ups to compensate (which is what DBZ did pretty much at the beginning of every season).

Twilight giving up her alicornhood, would be the greatest cop out in the series.

She has now been an Alicorn for the last 2 years and giving up her status, would make the writers look bad and would make the whole of Season 4 obsolete. Even if it was bad, i would rather see the writers say at the end "atleast we tried" instead of just giving up on this development.

Also, don't say we or us. It sounds like you put words in my mouth that i don't have. Also, do you actually compare this show with DBZ? You compare an action anime, with a slice of life western cartoon? It's like comparing a game of backgammon, with a game of D&D.

• Brohoof 3

Background ponies. I really don't get why other bronies are so into them. Yeah some are cute but they kinda just blend into the scenery.

After reading Blobulle's post, ships are pretty not great either.

Edited by QuirkyUsername
  • Brohoof 2

Brony songs, memes, videos, ships, most headcanons about background ponies etc.

The MLP comics, figurines, toys...

Roleplaying.

Edited by Blobulle
  • Brohoof 1

Twilight giving up her alicornhood, would be the greatest cop out in the series.

She has now been an Alicorn for the last 2 years and giving up her status, would make the writers look bad and would make the whole of Season 4 obsolete. Even if it was bad, i would rather see the writers say at the end "atleast we tried" instead of just giving up on this development.

Also, don't say we or us. It sounds like you put words in my mouth that i don't have. Also, do you actually compare this show with DBZ? You compare an action anime, with a slice of life western cartoon? It's like comparing a game of backgammon, with a game of D&D.

I agree, we still haven't seen Twilicorn's fullest potential and haven't really seen what she does as a princess. And this show shouldn't be compared to DBZ, I'd compare it to a show like Winnie the Pooh, Thomas & Friends, or Disney animated movies.

• Brohoof 1

Several things:

1. Trying to coerce people into joining the fandom - it is fine to encourage more people to enjoy the fandom, but why become annoying?

2. Suggestive fan-art, seducing the viewer, and making the characters more sexually suggestive - utterly ridiculous for a show intended by its makers for younger girls.

3. Over-reacting over little issues - from "who made Fluttershy cry?!" to Hasbro's issues and EqG, brony rage over those matters is worth a barrel of laughs to me.

4. Crossing over with everything - sometimes it can get inappropriate: sure, an Equestrian can be capable of learning how to fight (like any other sapient being, albeit any bipedal quadrupled), but an MLP pony in God of War would be as mood-spoiling as trying to make its gritty environment so candyland-ish.

5. References and shout outs to MLP everywhere - too much poni not only enrages the Internets, but also ruins the appreciation of the show and its beautiful quality as an escapist pursuit.

• Brohoof 1