Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Things You Dislike, That Most Bronies Like; And Why

Castle Bleck

Flufflepuff.

ezgif-3981710160.gif

Well, it's sort of a love/hate thing....

I have no idea what her deal is supposed to be.

I liked the artist when he did Dan vs. Equestria, but lost interest when he did this.

Flufflepuff.

img-3575127-1-ezgif-3981710160.gif

Well, it's sort of a love/hate thing....

Well, to be fair, she's cute  :kindness: , but I've never been interested in watching her shows or whatever 

Yeah, at least I'll give Jerry credit for that. There were times where I almost agreed with him on some of this GoW videos, until I realise the flaws in some of this arguments. I too agree that he wasn't too nice when trying to explain about why bronies like the show. Obviously good writing and characters should be the biggest priority in a show.
I didn't like his video, "The Audience is the Problem." It came off as extremely ignorant in condescending. He basically says anyone who likes mlp fanwork are pigs who are eating junk. He even said he didn't like that video.

Yeah, never understood the whole...thing about Derpy and Trixie. Not saying I hate 'em, but they really don't grab my attention at all  :huh: Never understood the craze  :P

• Brohoof 2

Twilight giving up her alicornhood, would be the greatest cop out in the series.

She has now been an Alicorn for the last 2 years and giving up her status, would make the writers look bad and would make the whole of Season 4 obsolete. Even if it was bad, i would rather see the writers say at the end "atleast we tried" instead of just giving up on this development.

Also, don't say we or us. It sounds like you put words in my mouth that i don't have. Also, do you actually compare this show with DBZ? You compare an action anime, with a slice of life western cartoon? It's like comparing a game of backgammon, with a game of D&D.

That's another thing I don't like. Specially in fandom ideas for the show: Retconning something they don't like.

Whenever anyone says they want something they don't like retconned, be it Twilicorn, EQG, or any character they don't like, I just sit there all like, "Wouldn't that actually hurt the show more than help?"

I mean think about it, by just getting rid of something that established or developed, that essentially makes any form of development up to then pointless if the writers would just get rid of it later. That be like parents giving their kid a Christmas present, and then later taking it back to the store.

• Brohoof 3

That's another thing I don't like. Specially in fandom ideas for the show: Retconning something they don't like.

Whenever anyone says they want something they don't like retconned, be it Twilicorn, EQG, or any character they don't like, I just sit there all like, "Wouldn't that actually hurt the show more than help?"

I mean think about it, by just getting rid of something that established or developed, that essentially makes any form of development up to then pointless if the writers would just get rid of it later. That be like parents giving their kid a Christmas present, and then later taking it back to the store.

It's essentially this. "If i am not allowed to be happy, no one else is allowed to be."

I can understand if you don't like Twilight ascension. I have a few friends who don't and we can still be friends, eventhough she's my favorite. But even they agree with me, that taking away her alicornhood, would be a catastrophe for the show. They would rather see the writers fail miserably at it, then starting retconning things. If we start retconning a certain element, we can start retconning everything else.

Daring Do being real? Retconned. Cadence being an Alicorn? Retconned. Babs Seed? Retconned. Etc. Etc. Etc.

The show would not be believable anymore.

• Brohoof 5

• 4 months later...
(edited)

I hate how most Bronies dislike Alicorn OC's, because they say they aren't creative, but nearly all Brony OC's are blue pegasus OC's...

Oh and I hate that whole:

Derpy and The Doctor are married and their children are Dinky and Amethyst Star is a thing I also don't like.

Edited by Filly Lyra
  • Brohoof 1

Because this will be very simple and funny, I'll just use pictures. this totally wasn't here to meet the character count...

8s2C4T4.png

I swear, if nobody gets that one...

• Brohoof 3

(edited)

"Hate" is pretty strong, but there's plenty of stuff that I dislike that the majority opposes.

-Derpy. I don't see the appeal in her as much as others. She's loveable and her voice was very fitting in Slice of Life, but she hasn't stuck out to me that much and the over-abundance of fanon (like Dinky being her daughter) makes no sense.

-Brony music. I used to like them, actually. But nowadays it's a nice tune in the beginning that gets overshadowed by obnoxious dubstep. It doesn't even sound like "music" anymore, just noises. This could also be because of me disliking dubstep as a genre in general.

-Analysts. I don't get the purpose of analyzing a show like this. There aren't any hidden messages that mean anything (they're usually nods to the fandom or explained by one of the writers on Twitter), and breaking down every bit of an episode with harsh or intricate critiques is just... eugh. I don't like the idea, and it's kinda... embarrassing. Too much, y'know? <o<

-Luna/Fluttershy fans. While Fluttershy is my least favorite of the Mane 6, she's not disliked. I still have some room for her and she had some good episodes; I just like the others more. Luna is a nice character, but the fans made me loosen on her liking a bit. One side thinks one is cute, while the other just obnoxiously boasts about how Luna is the best character and such. I think it all started because people enjoy rooting for the underdog, and Celestia didn't get much spotlight for herself in the show as her. But as time went on, and seeing her automatically win polls, get praised whenever there's a mere mention of her name, etc... it just annoys me. There was one point when I figured that most Bronies are just shy and too awkward to fit in; which may be true to some people... but it came to my mind because these two characters fit in for those slots.

-Hate for alicorn OCs. Honestly, who cares? There's clearly more than just two alicorns in the show, and they're all of different capabilities. Take a chill pill and let people design whatever they please. I mean, there's dozens upon dozens of pegasus OCs that remind me of Rainbow Dash, so what's the point of fighting this?

And that's all that I can think of for now. Yup, plenty of things. XD

Edited by zigragirl
  • Brohoof 4

(edited)

Hate would be quite a strong word, but I don't really see the big deal of / dislike the following:

• Background ponies: I don't mind them, but I don't really see the appeal
  • Treating fanon portrayals of characters as canon
  • If Fluttershy ever does something wrong, all is forgiven; if another character does the same thing, they're awful. Don't get me wrong: I love her, but I really dislike how they ignore her faults and treat her as something so pure and innocent. She has flaws and it adds layers to her character. 
  • The Flash Sentry hate: I agree that he needs some character, but I dislike the fact that he seems to be disliked because Twilight shows interest in him.
  • Over-analysis of the show/ characters. It's not really my thing, unless it's a mystery series.
  • The attitude that you're not a true fan if you like/ dislike a certain season/ episode/ writer/ character, etc. We are all different and one man's meat is another man's poison.
  • How Trixie and Princess Luna are treated as the best characters ever. I like them, but it tends to get annoying when they are harped as, "best pony ever".
Edited by Steffie
  • Brohoof 4

Even though Fluttershy is my favourite character, it kills me that they made her a cartoon cliché stereotype, who is not only shy, but also scared of everything. Can we ever get a least "one" show that doesn't splice shynesses with coweredness? It's overrated, unrealistic and teaches kids the wrong impressions of people. To be fair though, I could say this about anything unoriginal.

Even though Fluttershy is my favourite character, it kills me that they made her a cartoon cliché stereotype, who is not only shy, but also scared of everything. Can we ever get a least "one" show that doesn't splice shynesses with coweredness? It's overrated, unrealistic and teaches kids the wrong impressions of people. To be fair though, I could say this about anything unoriginal.

• Brohoof 2

I don't get the obsession with Derpy, Vinyl, or Octavia. Same with Bonbon and Lyra. Yeah, they've got cool designs and talents and all.. but idk. I just don't get the point of "OMG DID VINYL STAND NEXT TO OCTAVIA?!?!??!?!"

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

I have a full list now:

-When Bronies want the whole to be about Derpy and background ponies: I love background ponies, but I dislike it when Bronies want the whole show to be about them...

-Pegasi OC with stripes: They look very... salty

-Brony music: It's mostly just Dubstep remixes of songs from the show.

-My Little Dashie

-"Love and Tolerate"

-The whole "Derpy is the mother of Amethyst Star and Dinky" theory: It makes no sense.

• Brohoof 1

I don't get the obsession with Derpy, Vinyl, or Octavia. Same with Bonbon and Lyra. Yeah, they've got cool designs and talents and all.. but idk. I just don't get the point of "OMG DID VINYL STAND NEXT TO OCTAVIA?!?!??!?!"

Yes, it is so annoying. I especially like all the Vinyl Scratch fanaticism (I know that's not a word, just go with it) when she doesn't say anything, and all she does is play music a few times per seasons.

-Brony music: It's mostly just Dubstep remixes of songs from the show.

Oh, yes. I actually tried, even though the idea of listening to Brony music is just kind of strange to me. I looked around the "genres"... Clicked on "Ska", and they didn't even have a real trumpet/trombone/saxophone section - it was synthesized! I was done after that. You don't replace wind instruments with synthesizers.

Just really not into this electronic stuff in general.