Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Things You Dislike, That Most Bronies Like; And Why

Castle Bleck

I dislike all the popular ships, well I think I generally hate ships in this series all together. When it's canon like shining and cadence okay but people are way to crazy over their made up ships and sexuailties for characters they can't control.

(edited)

outside of whats canon.

Don't you mean... BASS CANNON??

202094.gif

No, but seriously, I don't care for her either. Her or dubstep.

The concept (when Twi first became an alicorn) that Twilight would not want to be immortal. Why not? That would be awesome. xD

post-33590-0-57916100-1468553445_thumb.pngpost-33590-0-37964300-1468553456_thumb.png

Also, I am SO GLAD the whole 'Love and Tolerate' bullshit has essentially died out. More often than not, when someone used that phrase, it was in response to someone disagreeing with them.

Also also, the words 'brony' and 'pegasister'. They don't quite sit well with me. Like, at all.

Also also also, Spike.

Edited by Jackie: sleepy mare

Bashing Flash Sentry.

It is like ranting on Twilight as everyone has already done it and have said pretty much everything there is to say about it.

There is nothing new you can add to this kind of discussion.

• Brohoof 1

Slice of Life. I hate literally everything about that episode and have a hard time finding people who agree with me. My irl friends didn't like it, but the online community doesn't seem to agree at all...

• Brohoof 2

Most bronies seems to like "Braeburn", but i can't stand him. I don't know what about that pony that is so interesting?. I understand people have different tastes, but he was like in just one episode i think. I don't see how much he did other than negotiate with the buffalos. I do hope they make more interesting male ponies like Soarin and Guard ponies though.

All babies. The Cake babies and Flurry Heart are, to me, the most annoying things that happened to the show. And those are the only episodes I skip when I rewatch it.

(edited)

The fact that bronies like Luna and Crysalis but not Celestia, which is why the team give the former two badass moments and attention while the latter is Worf in pony form without a single episode focused on her.

It's like me being in Bizarro World. Chrysalis should be in category >Meh, whatever.< A one-shot character.

Edited by Swifty
  • Brohoof 2

The names "Moonbutt" and "Sunbutt"...

Trixie.

Lots of shippings.

Cutesy art sorta bugs me, I think the characters look much better if not intended to be cute, which sometimes makes them end up cute.

...and on a side note...

a ton of bronies SEEMINGLY like Dr. Who and Pokemon and such, and I don't like either of those things.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

The names "Moonbutt" and "Sunbutt"...

Agreed. I hate when I hear someone call Luna and Celestia that. They have names,people.

Edited by German Fox
  • Brohoof 4

The fact that bronies like Luna and Crysalis but not Celestia, which is why the team give the former two badass moments and attention while the latter is Worf in pony form without a single episode focused on her.

It's like me being in Bizarro World. Chrysalis should be in category >Meh, whatever.< A one-shot character.

I'm quite sure the appeal of Luna and Chrysalis comes from the ideas and possibilities behind the two. Chrysalis hasn't done much outside of being evil, so the next step is obvious. As for Luna, she has a potentially tragic background such as being jealous of her sister and being disconnected with the pony citizens. Too bad nothing much has come out of those. There's only the opening narration of the pilot and a throwaway line from a Sweetie Belle episode for the former, and there's only one episode and another part of the opening narration for the latter. She seems to get along with the ponies of Equestria pretty well for a while, especially since the CMC approached her without problem even when they haven't interacted before. Luna's dream-walking ability has only increased her appeal, and her sister doesn't have a similarly cool talent.

Of course, since Luna is so amazing, her villainous acts can't be her own fault. So who better to blame than her sister? Celestia's poor treatment in the show can only provide fuel for that nonsensical blame.

• Brohoof 1

Most techno/electronic music, guess it's just not really my cup of tea. However, my brother is super into such music, so I've gotten used to it.

There are some selected few that I quite like though, but even then it is not 100% electronics, containing some sort of conventional instruments.

Example

https://youtube.com/watch?v=B7xai5u_tnk

The Mane6 and their lack of development. They are steriotypes and clichés (that is no secret) and it really stands out that much worse by how unique the rest of the show is. If it wasn't for the Mane6 being such unoriginal characters, then I'd rate this show was perfect - of course, not everything is perfect. That's just my opinion though.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

My Little Dashie (both the fanfic and the mini-movie): It is a weird story (for cereal, doesn't anyone else think its a little sad/creepy that the protagonist kept Rainbow Dash all alone and didn't tell her she was a fictional character for...15 years?), corny to the extreme and just boring/poorly written (IMO, anyway!) Plus Rainbow Dash acted nothing like the actual Rainbow Dash (and yes, I know that can be explained by the fact that she was raised in the human world, but she just wasn't as interesting and really could have easily been anypony.)

Snow Drop: Sorry, but I found this to be really corny as well. And also immensely boring. I will say that the animation was really nice, though.

Doctor Hooves: I don't watch Dr. Who and don't plan to, so yeah, don't care.

Slice of Life: Probably the boringest/most uncomfortable episode I have ever seen. Seriously, it felt like a series of inside jokes I wasn't included in (many of which were Dr. Who related). Never a nice feeling!

Princess Ember: Actually, I didn't like the episode "Goblet of Fire" that much anyway, but I definitely don't understand the fascination with Ember. She's kind of a bitch, TBH.

And a really random one: I don't like how people refer to the show as "Pony." IDK why. It just bugs me.

Edited by Carolina
  • Brohoof 2

Let me make it clear that I'm not trying to shame anyone here. I'm genuinely curious. I've seen people state that they dislike fanfics and fanart. I'm a bit new, so I'm not exactly familiar with all the aspects of this fandom. However I still have to ask. If you take out the fanfics and fanart and music, what's left? What do you enjoy about the fandom after considering an incredibly large portion of it unentertaining? Again I'm not trying to shame anyone. Just asking.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Pretty much everything. I only really like the shows and comics; don't care much for fanart, fan-music, fan-films, or fanfiction. Which is ironic 'cause I've dabbled in 50% of those things.  :wacko: