Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

My Doodling when I get bored

tKestrel

I, by no means, would call myself an artist of any sort. I mainly will draw only to escape reality and just relax when im bored. I used to draw a lot when I was in elem school, but I stopped when I thought I was no good at it. Just a side effect of my low self esteem of myself. After almost 10 years I decided to pick a pencil again and try my luck. I have come to amaze myself ar some of my drawings. Now ive just decided to start drawing mlp to push my limits and see what u can truly do. Heres 2 of my newest drawings. The first is my personal OC, called Silver Wing. IMG_20141004_15125_edit_1412450007376_zps3zzeaxjd.jpg

And Rarity.

0ec5361e-633e-476e-8d43-efda94fd087b_zpsxlziinma.jpg

im working on drawing every one of the mane 6. Im just going to get some real drawing supplies because the striped notebook paper I have is destracting lol.

• Brohoof 7

Yea im still learning. I use rulers and a compass and all sorts of other stuff so that it looks seamless and perfect. I am working on my free hand drawings but its alot harder to draw something that I imagine. It took almost 3 days (part time lol) to draw the silver wing one. I wanted it to look perfect.

Not bad! You'll get the hang of free hand drawing. The best way to start is drawing images and learning the proportions, similar to what you're doing now. Once you have that, you can incorporate your own style into it.

When I need inspiration I look at all types of fan art. Helps me construct my drawings :P

• Brohoof 2

Yea I use pics from the show and picture that as a dif pony or ill draw that exact pony, I dont like looking at what others made because I dont want to step on any toes by using that as an idea.

Ooh, I agree! The Luna drawing is quite spectacular. :) But I feel like I need to quote Cupcakes14 here.... So I will.

Not bad! You'll get the hang of free hand drawing. The best way to start is drawing images and learning the proportions, similar to what you're doing now. Once you have that, you can incorporate your own style into it.

When I need inspiration I look at all types of fan art. Helps me construct my drawings :P

What he said right there is SO BEYOND RIGHT. Free hand is difficult, yes, but with lots of practice, you'll get the hang of it. And just to echo him.... Proportions are sooo imporrrtant. I too am an artist of sorts, and around a year ago, whenever I would do fanart for MLP, I would always get the neck proportions wrong. It looked fine at the time, but looking back, I want to cry. :P Unfortunately, it's just something that comes with time and lots of practice, as well as free handing it, and just throwing things out on the page in your own personal style. HOWEVER, you have a very solid starting, and I just simply cannot wait to see more from you! Keep up the good work! :D

• Brohoof 2

• 10 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...