Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming World of Tanks

NewCalamity

On the pony clan question, as there any that don't the game too seriously? I'm starting to notice trends as I gain tiers is that people don't understand the game is for fun and that no one is playing for money. People are taking this way too serious at tier 8+

The only 2 pony clans I can tell about were the 2 I was in. I was in ERAD and PLOT. As far as I can tell, if you want a fun brony clan, i'm pretty sure you can sign up for any except PONY. PONY is a serious clan and I don't think they fully play just for the fun lol. I need to get back into WoT again now that 8.6 is live, so I can tell if I need to sell my arty or not.

On the pony clan question, as there any that don't the game too seriously? I'm starting to notice trends as I gain tiers is that people don't understand the game is for fun and that no one is playing for money. People are taking this way too serious at tier 8+

I don't. The reason why people get that way at tier 8 and above, and maybe why there aren't many bronies at that tier level, is because it's so much harder to many any money at tier 8 and up. It takes a lot of painful grinding up through the tech tree to get to these tanks too.

The only 2 pony clans I can tell about were the 2 I was in. I was in ERAD and PLOT. As far as I can tell, if you want a fun brony clan, i'm pretty sure you can sign up for any except PONY. PONY is a serious clan and I don't think they fully play just for the fun lol. I need to get back into WoT again now that 8.6 is live, so I can tell if I need to sell my arty or not.

Well I guess there's more MLP clans than I though. They nerfed the arty shell speed and that really messes up my calculations, which is a large part of being an arty player.

I don't. The reason why people get that way at tier 8 and above, and maybe why there aren't many bronies at that tier level, is because it's so much harder to many any money at tier 8 and up. It takes a lot of painful grinding up through the tech tree to get to these tanks too.

You pretty much hit the nail on the head here. I've been playing since the game first went into beta so I've seen most of it. Anything above tier 8 is for the more serious and more competitive players. Tiers 9 and 10 are the hardest to afford in terms of running all the time and because arty parties just got out of control. Only the big and competitive clans who have lots of gold, will willingly run the higher tiers cause they know how to really cope and grind gears with everyone else who drives them.

Every tier 8 and under are alot more fun. The cost to run tiers 1-8 are very easy to afford even when you play for fun more than seriousness. Most, if not 98% of the brony clans, are not serious and do not partake in clan wars or tourneys cause that's not what the guys in them want to do. The other 2% of brony clans are reasonably serious but nothing like the top clans. 

The funniest thing that not many people notice, there are more bronies in the top clans than there are in the actual brony clans themselves. happy.png

You pretty much hit the nail on the head here. I've been playing since the game first went into beta so I've seen most of it. Anything above tier 8 is for the more serious and more competitive players. Tiers 9 and 10 are the hardest to afford in terms of running all the time and because arty parties just got out of control. Only the big and competitive clans who have lots of gold, will willingly run the higher tiers cause they know how to really cope and grind gears with everyone else who drives them.

I put a Rainbow Dash skin on my IS-8...pretty hard to take a rainbow tank seriously. :P I know no one else can see it...but still...anyway the only reason I play it is because I want the IS-7. Maybe I'll get it in a few years...

The most fun I've ever had with a tank was either with the StuG III, E2, or the KV-3 back when it was tier 6.

I have Luna skins on some of my tanks. I try to take the game serious with them but during battle, I just can't help but stare at them on my teammates around me. happy.png

As much as I wish I could say I play this game for fun, I can't. I take this game serious and have dumped WAYYYY too much money on this game. It's sadly the only way I can afford to play my 12 tier 10s and like multiple tier 9s. I need to get back into tanks and start playing again so I can get my British tier 10 med and Tortoise.

I have Luna skins on some of my tanks. I try to take the game serious with them but during battle, I just can't help but stare at them on my teammates around me. img-1604060-1-happy.png

As much as I wish I could say I play this game for fun, I can't. I take this game serious and have dumped WAYYYY too much money on this game. It's sadly the only way I can afford to play my 12 tier 10s and like multiple tier 9s. I need to get back into tanks and start playing again so I can get my British tier 10 med and Tortoise.

Haha. Man you do take this game way too seriously. :3 I don't have any tier 10s at all...and only one tier 9, my IS-8, and I got that recently...

(edited)

Comrades!

Rainbow dash Buggy remodel fort he ELC AMX

http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/36929-my-little-pony-skin-and-mod-depository/page__st__4560__pid__4785560#entry4785560

I re-bought the ELC just for that.

I am also finally able to play tanks with decent framerates

GTX 770 Superclocked edition ( 80-120FPS everything maxed out)

Edited by T-90MC
  • Brohoof 3

Comrades!

Rainbow dash Buggy remodel fort he ELC AMX

http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/36929-my-little-pony-skin-and-mod-depository/page__st__4560__pid__4785560#entry4785560

I re-bought the ELC just for that.

I am also finally able to play tanks with decent framerates

GTX 770 Superclocked edition ( 80-120FPS everything maxed out)

ohmy.png happy.png  This is amazing. I have to get this on my ELC. This will go great with ma AJ M10, Twily M18, and my Trixie E75.

Plus i'm also jelly of your graphics card. I would love to trade my 6870 for a 770 or 780.

And yes General, I am a serious player, but I don't act like one. I always wanted the end tiers and ended up spending money to finish my grinds.

I just got the 122mm cannon for my KV-1S and it's blody good! It's so much fun to see the enemy backing up when i come around corner with that killing machine and he just blow up when I pull triger! Buck yeah! and you cleary see that he's affraid.

i found a game that i love, and it dosent make me rage as hard, i admit, i rage at world of tanks, but guess what, when the full game is released, it will have fleets, armies, and planes all battleing in the same space :3, right now, its just planes, and they are bucking beautieful, plus to me, the game has a better feel than world of warplanes.

Right now, im solely invested in the japanese airplane tree, beacuse i want me a A6M zero, and im getting close, right now i need to unlock the rufe floatplane, (which is just a zero with floats bolted on.) but i do have a KI-43 hyabusa, (im sorry, but i love WW2 japanese military stuff, mainly ships and planes.) 

anyway, the game is called War Thunder, if you want to check it out, i still love world of tanks, but if World of tanks is one engagement, then war thunder is going to be an entire battle x3

A friend of mine mentioned this game to me and he plays it all the time. I should give it a try too see if I would like it.

I think it looks really interesting though.

You really should, it's a lot of fun. In my opinion it had an infinite replay value because even if you do manage to get the best of everything, the developers are constantly adding new content to the game. If you do decide to give it a shot, make sure you add us and we (or at least I will) can give you help with getting used to the game and of course give you someone to play with. I find that the game is better that way. 

Anypony else thinks that the latest patch made the game at least 20% cooler?

Before the patch the matchmaking seemed worse and it feels like a good player has more influence on the game now.

The better accuracy also makes the battles less frustrating.

I am having a blast with my IS-3 right now, never had that much fun since I've started playing 1 year ago :D

• Brohoof 1

Before the patch the matchmaking seemed worse and it feels like a good player has more influence on the game now.

I am having a blast with my IS-3 right now, never had that much fun since I've started playing 1 year ago biggrin.png

the matchmaking is STILL worse, in my M4A3E2 i was put into a battle with teir 8's and 9's, i never even stood a bucking chance.

in all honesty, world of tanks has gotten more frustrating to me.

I am having a blast with my IS-3 right now, never had that much fun since I've started playing 1 year ago biggrin.png

I have to say, this latest patch has made me come back to tanks. The accuracy buff as i'm calling it, has made it even nicer to hit things from long away, the nerf to arty has been one of the best things to happen since physics came into play, and the buff to the income of tier 8, 9, and 10 tanks is a huge plus for someone like me who has 10 or so tier 10s. happy.png

I do have to say though, the downside i'm seeing is still the drunk matchmaker. While everything they've done so far has been great with this patch, the matchmaker is still getting way to drunk to be doing what it's doing. Especially with the changes to some of the arty tiers.

• Brohoof 1

I played WoT some time ago but I still got one big question : who made this game ?

I'm not saying its bad or good but the way it's leveled and the way it is played fascinates me .

(edited)

Wargaming.net made this game. World of Tanks isn't their first game, but to be honest I hadn't heard of them until WoT. There isn't quite anything else out there like it. Also, I tried out the xbox version of it yesterday, can't say I'm a real fan of  it. Not that I was expecting it to be great or anything.

Edited by GeneralDirection

(edited)

World of planes, and world of warships, basically what they want to do is combine all three games (from what i read) and have battles on an epic scale, though i will admit, war thunder is ahead of them on that x3

and yes wargaming.net is russian.

edit: this, is the best plane of WW2

Mitsubishi-Zero.jpg

Edited by Nightmare Rarity

World of planes, and world of warships, basically what they want to do is combine all three games (from what i read) and have battles on an epic scale, though i will admit, war thunder is ahead of them on that x3

and yes wargaming.net is russian.

edit: this, is the best plane of WW2

img-1621468-1-Mitsubishi-Zero.jpg

Yes I know I played them on igromir and they are awesome also I got some kind of code for a plane after playing the demo and something else I can't remember

:-)

oh sweet celestia why? I just realise that I'm from Finland so I play in european server and thats why I can't join any brony clan that are from america. life is not fair :-( well... gues I must join european brony clan if theres any.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm in ERAD, as is NewCalamity. They seem pretty chill going by what I've seen so far. You should check them out. Stats and all of that are irrelevant, they're mostly out to have a good time.

• Brohoof 1

I'm in ERAD, as is NewCalamity. They seem pretty chill going by what I've seen so far. You should check them out. Stats and all of that are irrelevant, they're mostly out to have a good time.

Sounds good. I'll give them a look as soon as I can get more stable internet. Thanks for the tip, I'll be looking for some good people when I get back, I gotta catch back up with my friends.