Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming World of Tanks

NewCalamity

Man I haven't played the KV since it split into 2 seperate tanks. We are talking about the 57mm Zis something gun right?? The top gun that's on the T-34 and T-50-2??

I have found from experience that the T-50-2 57mm Zis gun is the best. It has the most DPS (Damage per second) and reload. It's so far the best scout gun for the T-50-2.

I don't run anything else on my 50-2. That gun is the best for that tank. I'm just a god awful scout. I can never play any scout tank effectively, so I just put my 50-2 into my reserves to collect dust in the mean time.

I got my AceTanker on my T-50-2. The trick is to maneuver and use skidding and turns to your advantage, not to his. I grew up with racing games, and it's a fast little tank; like a Ferrari of tanks. Gotta know how to use it. I could roll with you some time. :D

My adventures with @Kyronea have lead me down many a branch I had no intention of taste-testing. Prior to all these folk signing up and having a go, I was almost solely a German player. Probably around the 1,800 game mark was when I began other nation's trees with serious intentions.

My primary focus as of now, is the French heavy line. So far I've made it up to the BDR G1B which is fully equipped save for the radio, I'm in the process of saving EXP for the crown jewel; ARL 44. The BDR G1B's role can be summarized as a gun, and nothing more. Every other trait is rather mediocre and not beneficial, the armour being just enough to bounce some equal tier shots and lower tiers more effectively. The speed and agility are nothing to write home about. The main attraction is the powerful 90mm gun with potential penetration of ~135mm at 240 damage. Quite frightening for a Tier V, the only drawback being the 6 RPM to prevent it from laying waste to all.

In terms of high-tier objectives my sights are on grinding through the Jagdpanther II to receive the last tank in which I promised myself to get in order to complete Otto Carius' arsenal. That being the three vehicles he commanded throughout the war, the Pz38t, Tiger I and Jagdtiger. If I were to unlock and purchase the Jagdtiger sooner rather than later it would become my first Tier IX. Despite my very first branch being the "Pz35t > Maus" line, my being at the Tier VIII VK4502A has demoralized me for the most part, as the VK4502A is a tricky vehicle to use.

My historical collection is also getting much larger, not to mention the addition of the Soviet vehicles T-34 and KV-1!

Also, the Panzer IV is still nothing to complain about, I don't see the issue despite all the whining and moaning about the schmalturm being removed from it:

Posted Image

Posted Image

• Brohoof 1

Boy I sound like a complete depresso who plays this game by myself :lol: . Just proves I need a new clan with people I can platoon with. Anyways if your goal is up the the French heavy line, you will love the autoloaders that start at tier 8. I thought the BDR was ok, but never played much of the ARL 44. I absolutely loved the M4 1945. It looked awesome and wasn't bad when it came to armor. From there on up I fell in love with the rest of the French tree.

Boy I sound like a complete depresso who plays this game by myself :lol: . Just proves I need a new clan with people I can platoon with. Anyways if your goal is up the the French heavy line, you will love the autoloaders that start at tier 8. I thought the BDR was ok, but never played much of the ARL 44. I absolutely loved the M4 1945. It looked awesome and wasn't bad when it came to armor. From there on up I fell in love with the rest of the French tree.

join the EDFR :D, anyway, i gots new tank.

Nightmare Works (recently renamed Luna industries plant 56) PzKpfw VI Tiger Ausf. E Heavy Tank

First produced: 1942 of the lunar calender (3rd year of the nightmare war)

Weight:56.9 tonnes

Engine: Maybuck HL230 P45 liquid Alicorn magic fueled V-12 engine, gives 12.3 HP per ton

Armor: Up to 120mm thick

Primary Armament: 8.8 cm (88mm) KwK 36 L/56

Top Speed: 38 Km/H

post-3469-0-35222200-1351225657_thumb.jpg

post-3469-0-37798600-1351225663_thumb.jpg

post-3469-0-88030400-1351225667_thumb.jpg

• Brohoof 1

I'm eventually either gonna join EDFR or ERAD but that's for another day. That's a nice tiger too. It's too bad I couldn't have seen that Tiger when I had a match with you earlier today with my SP. It's a shame you can't see other peoples skins and what not instead of your installed skins

okay that was a skin i got off the forums since i didnt have the tools at the time to make my own XD, but here is my own tiger skin which in all honesty i like :D

Text on the top of the turret: Youre kiddding....Youre kidding right?

post-3469-0-82990600-1351230254_thumb.jpg

post-3469-0-10919000-1351230262_thumb.jpg

post-3469-0-07060500-1351230271_thumb.jpg

post-3469-0-24129300-1351230281_thumb.jpg

post-3469-0-04322100-1351230288_thumb.jpg

Hey guys, guess which game just won the Golden Joystick's Best MMO Award of 2012!!!

Congratulations Tankers!

You’ve managed to put World of Tanks on top of the stack for this year’s Golden Joystick Awards in the Best MMO category! World of Tanks has been on the rise since its release and has eclipsed the 40 million mark for total registered users earlier this month.

The level of competition in our category was sky-high this year, but our incredible community came out in full force to support us.

As we have promised starting from November 2 6.00 UTC till November 5 5.30 UTC the following awaits you:

• Bonus code, which will give you 3 days of Premium Account and additional premium consumables! (will be provided on November 2)
  • High Tier vehicles discount (they will cost the same credits as their 'predecessors' in the Tech Tree). This will include:

• Tier IX Medium Tanks
    • Tier IX Tank Destroyers
    • Tier IX Heavy Tanks
    • Tier VII Self-Propelled Gun Artillery
  • The following tier VIII Premium Vehicles will receive a 15% discount:
  • T34
  • Lowe
  • IS-6
  • T26E4 Super Pershing
  • 8.8 cm Pak 43 JagdTiger
  • x5 XP for 1st victory
  • 50% Discounts on equipment
  • 50% Discounts on garage slots
  • 50% Discounts on crew (re)training
The Golden Joystick Awards 2012 results:

· Best MMO: World of Tanks

· Best Shooter: Battlefield 3

· Best Action/Adventure: Batman: Arkham City

· Best Sports: FIFA 12

· Best Racer: Forza 4

· Best Strategy: Civilization V

· Best Fighter: Mortal Kombat Komplete Edition

· Best Mobile/Tablet: Angry Birds Space

· Best RPG: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

· Best Handheld: Uncharted: Golden Abyss

· Best Browser/Flash: Slender

· Best Downloadable: Minecraft (360)

· Best DLC: Portal 2 (Perpetual Testing Initiative)

· Top Gaming Moment: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

· One To Watch: Grand Theft Auto V

· Ultimate Game of the Year: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Again, thank you to everyone who took the time to vote World of Tanks the best MMO for the 2012 Golden Joystick Awards, enjoy!

Source for this can be found here! Well, 3 days of free Premium for everyone, AND 5x bonus first-win-of-the-day experience! If you guys have tanks that aren't elited yet, the 2nd-5th of November is the time to start on it!

*cough*

Where can we download these?

*cough*

I'm very happy to see all these interesting skins.

They go in the ResMods folder, yeah?

yes but it requires a bit more than that, you have to make a vehicles folder then the folder of the nation that the tank belongs too, then a folder for the tank itself, ill look around a bit, there was a file that got me started that had most of the files i needed, and wanted, but if you want to go searching for it yourself, check the WoT forums

after that, i can post the files themselves if youd like

yes but it requires a bit more than that, you have to make a vehicles folder then the folder of the nation that the tank belongs too, then a folder for the tank itself, ill look around a bit, there was a file that got me started that had most of the files i needed, and wanted, but if you want to go searching for it yourself, check the WoT forums

after that, i can post the files themselves if youd like

Yes please.

And yes, at first they said how they were going to give out gold-NOPE only free PREMIUM.

They're only putting the premiums at 15% so they can still make shitloads of money off them, prompting us to buy more. Same with consumables and the other tanks, tier 9, etc, so if some people don't have Tier 9, they buy it with FREE xp, which costs gold to transfer. :P

BIG money sink. But, I think I fell for it.

My dad won't let me get a $80 Halloween gas mask and suit, so hell, might as well buy tanks. :P

Yes please.

And yes, at first they said how they were going to give out gold-NOPE only free PREMIUM.

They're only putting the premiums at 15% so they can still make shitloads of money off them, prompting us to buy more. Same with consumables and the other tanks, tier 9, etc, so if some people don't have Tier 9, they buy it with FREE xp, which costs gold to transfer. :P

BIG money sink. But, I think I fell for it.

My dad won't let me get a $80 Halloween gas mask and suit, so hell, might as well buy tanks. :P

They need to support themselves somehow. Honestly I think their method of support is very fair, given that they don't require players to purchase things to be able to fully enjoy the game. Sure, you miss out on a few tanks, but it's only a few compared to the entire rest of every tech tree.

They need to support themselves somehow. Honestly I think their method of support is very fair, given that they don't require players to purchase things to be able to fully enjoy the game. Sure, you miss out on a few tanks, but it's only a few compared to the entire rest of every tech tree.

That's true. It's better that they do that instead of putting an annoying ass ad at the bottom of the screen. I know some games that have done that and it gets very annoying- accidentally clicking on an ad, it sucks.

Oh those annoying ads http://mlpforums.com/public/style_emoticons/default/dry.png how I hate them and their ability to screw up everything with one little click. Nah, WoT has probably been the best at being able to get all the support they need from the gold buyers (like me) who have invested far too much money into this damn game. I swear there should be medals of varying degree for how much money someone spends on this game.

Something I'm considering for next weekend when the Golden Joystick Victory awards come into play is getting some gold and buying up a whole heap of new slots, rather than getting an extension on the premium account. My thinking here is that I'm going to be too busy to take proper advantage of the premium account, so rather than waste money there I'll just take advantage of half off new slots and get ten slots or something. (If I get the 1250 gold I should be able to get at least eight new slots which is probably plenty.)

I'd advise this to everyone else too. Take advantage of this as you can, give yourself more room to expand for when you do have time to devote to gameplay. I'm too busy for the premium to be worth the expenditure, but the slots are a good choice.

Something I'm considering for next weekend when the Golden Joystick Victory awards come into play is getting some gold and buying up a whole heap of new slots, rather than getting an extension on the premium account. My thinking here is that I'm going to be too busy to take proper advantage of the premium account, so rather than waste money there I'll just take advantage of half off new slots and get ten slots or something. (If I get the 1250 gold I should be able to get at least eight new slots which is probably plenty.)

I'd advise this to everyone else too. Take advantage of this as you can, give yourself more room to expand for when you do have time to devote to gameplay. I'm too busy for the premium to be worth the expenditure, but the slots are a good choice.

Well, honestly, I'd do that, but my condition is so. I need credits.

As somebody pointed out to me, they have the garage slot sales and the sort very often. The tier 9 half off doesn't happen often.

Another person told me; "If you don't get it, you don't get it. You're not going to constantly grind in three days, and it would be near impossible to do so even with premium. Just don't worry about it and HAVE FUN."

He's right. I was thinking about grinding, I have 190k exp on elites I was thinking to convert, but hell, WG is trying to take advantage of my desperateness. Spending money either to convert or for premium for gaining credits.

Now, I am at peace. I don't really mind earning credits and the sort, I just want to have fun.

'ello, 'ello, fellow bronys! I'm ClaspingTank, and I've played WOT for a while (sense last summer) and I've been looking for other Bronys besides the ones in ERAD to play the game with, and I happened to stumble along this thread. So! lemmie give ya'll some info about me in world of tanks. I...

*am in ERAD

*have a top tier of 7

*am sometimes an indecisive pony

*my in-game screenname is ClaspingTank

*my perfered style of fighting is brawling

*the top tank in game I want as of now is the T-62A

*other tanks I have in my garage are the: Valentine, Matilda, and Tetrarch

*a second top tier I'm considering is the M48A1

That's about all I can think of as of now. Well! That's it. I hope to see you all on the Battlefield soon!

P.S. my top tier in game is the KV-13.

As somebody pointed out to me, they have the garage slot sales and the sort very often. The tier 9 half off doesn't happen often.

Another person told me; "If you don't get it, you don't get it. You're not going to constantly grind in three days, and it would be near impossible to do so even with premium. Just don't worry about it and HAVE FUN."

He's right. I was thinking about grinding, I have 190k exp on elites I was thinking to convert, but hell, WG is trying to take advantage of my desperateness. Spending money either to convert or for premium for gaining credits.

Now, I am at peace. I don't really mind earning credits and the sort, I just want to have fun.

Oh, I've no chance of even approaching a Tier IX tank by the time the weekend starts. My highest I could have are two Tier VIs that I have researched but not yet purchased, the M36 and the AMX12t. So my focus is more on opening myself up to other things I might want to get in the future and I figure, take advantage of the ability to get more slots when I can. That's really all I'm thinking--that, and taking advantage of five times experience to be able to start up several new lines at once, which is another good reason for me to get the slots during this weekend.

Ahh yeah i've been told this as well before. I have no reason to do any serious grinding cause there are no tanks I want unless I decide to re-buy back 1 of the 2 tier IX's I used to have. Other than that I can't justify doing any grinding other than for credits for new tanks and future tanks.

Oh, I've no chance of even approaching a Tier IX tank by the time the weekend starts. My highest I could have are two Tier VIs that I have researched but not yet purchased, the M36 and the AMX12t. So my focus is more on opening myself up to other things I might want to get in the future and I figure, take advantage of the ability to get more slots when I can. That's really all I'm thinking--that, and taking advantage of five times experience to be able to start up several new lines at once, which is another good reason for me to get the slots during this weekend.

If I were you, I would buy addition garage slots AND some barracks space. A lot more of it too. I have the 12t and the ELC. The ELC is like an offensive rushing scout, whereas the 12t is like a support/passive. Coated ops, Binox, and a camo net and just camp in a bush. That's the way to earn xp on it. I'm close to my 13 75. And I just got the T32 also.

Ahh yeah i've been told this as well before. I have no reason to do any serious grinding cause there are no tanks I want unless I decide to re-buy back 1 of the 2 tier IX's I used to have. Other than that I can't justify doing any grinding other than for credits for new tanks and future tanks.

Agreed. No way in hell am I going to get there, and if you were like me, you had no power for 12 hours. That's a valuable 70k xp lost in those 12 hours. But, haha, whatever.

Agreed. No way in hell am I going to get there, and if you were like me, you had no power for 12 hours. That's a valuable 70k xp lost in those 12 hours. But, haha, whatever.

Oh yeah that sucks. I know the feeling but mine is a bit more harsh. I've lost about a week of premium because of the new graphics card I bought and stress testing my computer, and now i'm on day 2 of losing premium because Steam decided to say "Screw you" and make me reinstall all my games again because my old Steam folder got corrupted somehow. Never buy more premium than you think you can actually use haha. :unsure: