Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What are you listening to right now?

Crispy

Currently making my way through the masterpiece that is Catch ThirtyThree by Meshuggah for the 100th time- mind-warping djent for those who like challenging music. A repetitive yet not monotonous polyrhymic assault that continues to build and build upon itself throughout the course of its 45 minute runtime. Yes please.

The struggle to free myself of restraints becomes my very shackles.

Before that- finished up listening through Pig Destroyer’s Terrifyer again. Brutalful album right there, such dark and twisted poetry layered on top of a smattering of top-tier grind riffing and drum patterns. How these guys manage such a deep sound while recording without a bass player is beyond me. 

"Maybe she'll snap her wrists doing cartwheels
or her ankle dancing drunken at some rave.
Maybe she'll go through a windshield
and have twinkling bits of glass stuck in her face.
She's so pretty in her casts,
damaged so perfectly.
She's so pretty in her casts,
the prettiest thing I've ever seen.
I only get to hold her when she's injured.
I only get to kiss her where she's sore."

Some twisted, dark poetry yet somehow very enchanting...

Edited by Twiliscael

Kanye West- The College Dropout

An absolute stunning debut album, I remember when this dropped and made absolute waves in the rap community in 2004. I think it’s one of the most important and influential debut albums in rap music history, surpassed only by Nas- Illmatic and Wu-Tang Clan- 36 Chambers in terms of their impact and genre-altering styles and sounds... and out of the 3 mentioned, The College Dropout is the most fun to listen to! The violins, keys, impressive sampling, tasteful use of autotune/vocal effects mixed with the personal lyricism and impressive flow/bars, quintessential gospel/choir arrangements he’s become so known for, mixed with young Kanye’s signature pre-asshole personality (shame he’s such a dick now), usage of fun and not annoying/detracting skits, and a bit of tasty pop flavor, make this an absolutely stunning album- and Kanye’s best.

Edited by Twiliscael

What happens when you get Gucci Mane fresh out of prison and Lil Uzi Vert together on a short mixtape? Nothing but absolute fire, of course.

Love Kurt Hugo Schneider covers and the Lyrics of this song are also beautiful. Listen since Tuesday.

Translation:

Drinking coffee at the left bank of the Seine river.

The mug in hand, tasting your beauty

Where you left your lipstick mark

Florist who spelt your name wrong on the roses

The wind carried away my confession balloons across the street

Flying and smiling in the sky

You said you're a bit difficult to chase, that you want me to give up

There is no need for the most expensive gift, just a fallen leaf from the Champs-Élysées

Planning a romantic date, dont worry about screwing everything up

To have you is to have the whole world

My Dear, when i fell in love with you from that day

Being happy has been so easy

My Dear please don't resist. Your eyes

are saying “I do”