Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

planning All Alicorns Must Die! {Advanced} {Evil}

Gatekeeper Giggle

@@Midnight Shadow,

We are currently accepting new roleplayers, but I would ask that you fill out the application in full. 

You should include these things when introducing your character:

Name:

Race:

Appearance:

Powers:

Weaknesses: <-- very important, this one. (you better not put none or N/A!)

Other:

Name: Midnight Shadow

Race: Pegasus/ Twili (shadow dimension)

Appearance

emerald_s_template_v2_pegasus_by_pinkius

Powers: can create shadows and shadow portals from the twilight realm into the equestrian world. Also can transform into a alicorn after activating several shadow portals that increase her overall power in whatever world shes in. If shes in the twilight world her powers are rather endless just like her imagination.

Weaknesses: coming from a shadow world she is unable to step directly into light since this harms her greatly, to counteract this she uses portals which spreads shadows covering up light sources and therefore allowing her to mask herself from the light. She also rely s on the portals she opens from the shadow realm to inpower her so if only one portal is active she won't be able to do much, if 10 are open then she can transform into a alicorn, and if 00 are open then well, welcome to the new shadow realm.

Other: she can only create a shadow portal once the old portal has fully activated, this takes some time since the shadows take time to spread out and cover the sky blocking the sun.

@@Midnight Shadow,

Sounds very good so far! :) But, I do have a questions. 

1. You said you would gain more powers over time, and that's fine. But exactly what would these powers be? 

2. How quickly can she create a portal? Would it be instantaneous, or would it take minutes to hours?

3. How easy would it be to destroy or close a portal?

@@Midnight Shadow,

Sounds very good so far! :) But, I do have a questions. 

1. You said you would gain more powers over time, and that's fine. But exactly what would these powers be? 

2. How quickly can she create a portal? Would it be instantaneous, or would it take minutes to hours?

3. How easy would it be to destroy or close a portal?

1. The power she uses come from a realm that celestia banished her too, it would mean she would be able to use shadows for both offensive and defensive, also if she gets stronger from more shadows that she creates and more portals create more shadows and block the light making her strength grow. She would for instant be able to teleport you to the twilight realm and keep you trapped their but she would have to cover all of equestria in a shadow first which would take weeks at least. To start with she will be very weak since theirs tons of light and will only be one portal open which is the portal she uses to enter into eqestria.

2. To get from the shadow realm to equestria realm its instantaneous, however from equestria to shadow realm she would have to shadow off that area from any light e.g. sunlight, candle light ect. which will take a long time outside, if its in a dark room then it won't take long at all.

3. You can close a portal by making a light source near the portal opening however this would be closed until the light source is removed, to destroy a portal you would have to remove all of the shadow from the area by using any kind of light source.

need anything else?

@@Midnight Shadow,

Alright, you're accepted. But don't post just yet, we need to weave your appearance into the narrative. Expect to be summoned from your shadowy realm by the pegasus.

However, there are some things that you should be aware of:

There exists something called magical light, which is basically light that has been enchanted in some way, or was created by a spell. (Although Celestia was the only one who used it extensively, and she's about to die, so... yeah) You can't make a portal at all in an area touched by magical light, as it will actively resist and destroy any shadows you try to spread within it. Should you yourself enter an area covered in magical light, you will be rendered powerless, no matter how many portals you have open. But this stuff is relatively rare, as only high level unicorns and alicorns can create it.

The return of Nightmare Moon is a distinct possibility at this point, which could spell trouble for you. Thanks to her control over the powers of darkness, expect her to be able to seize control of any shadow based construct or spell. And whatever you do, don't let her find any of your portals! She will take them over, and redirect their power away from you and into her. Should she do this to enough of your portals, there is a distinct possibility she will be able to usurp your control over the Twilight Realm.

Although you should be relatively omnipotent while in your own realm, if Twilight and her friends enter your realm armed with the Elements, you won't be able to defeat them. Discord will also be able to defeat you in your own realm. Other then those two, you should be relatively unbeatable while in the Twilight Realm.   

@@Midnight Shadow,

Alright, you're accepted. But don't post just yet, we need to weave your appearance into the narrative. Expect to be summoned from your shadowy realm by the pegasus.

However, there are some things that you should be aware of:

There exists something called magical light, which is basically light that has been enchanted in some way, or was created by a spell. (Although Celestia was the only one who used it extensively, and she's about to die, so... yeah) You can't make a portal at all in an area touched by magical light, as it will actively resist and destroy any shadows you try to spread within it. Should you yourself enter an area covered in magical light, you will be rendered powerless, no matter how many portals you have open. But this stuff is relatively rare, as only high level unicorns and alicorns can create it.

The return of Nightmare Moon is a distinct possibility at this point, which could spell trouble for you. Thanks to her control over the powers of darkness, expect her to be able to seize control of any shadow based construct or spell. And whatever you do, don't let her find any of your portals! She will take them over, and redirect their power away from you and into her. Should she do this to enough of your portals, there is a distinct possibility she will be able to usurp your control over the Twilight Realm.

Although you should be relatively omnipotent while in your own realm, if Twilight and her friends enter your realm armed with the Elements, you won't be able to defeat them. Discord will also be able to defeat you in your own realm. Other then those two, you should be relatively unbeatable while in the Twilight Realm.   

Any light source can destroy my shadows, the only way into the Twilight realm is though the portals which are activated by myself or someone who can use the darkest of magic like nightmare moon, to enter you would have to be able to manipulate the shadows so nightmare moon would be able but twilight and discord would only be able to destroy the portals, unless they want to be trapped within the twilight realm that can only be got to though by me and nightmare moon.

also to make the portals you would need the Midnight gem that i'm currently in control off, however only nightmare moon and myself can use

I was making a post about it if you want me to post it then i can do, otherwise i will wait until you come let me out of my jail in the twilight realm since im trapped until celestia's power is broken or weakened.

just made a 3000 character post and i can't post it

XD

Edited by MidnaShadows

Any light source can destroy my shadows

Yes, but magical light is much, much stronger then normal light. While normal light you can get rid of with your shadows, Magical light can't be gotten rid of in this way.

unless they want to be trapped within the twilight realm

Discord's magic is able to manipulate shadows, so he could indeed safely enter and exit the Twilight Realm. I see your point about Twilight and her friends, but even so, don't let them somehow bumble their way into the Twilight Realm with the Elements. Remember that the magic of the Elements can cut through dark magic like butter.

Anyway, the pegusus will probably summon you as soon as possible.

Yes, but magical light is much, much stronger then normal light. While normal light you can get rid of with your shadows, Magical light can't be gotten rid of in this way.

Discord's magic is able to manipulate shadows, so he could indeed safely enter and exit the Twilight Realm. I see your point about Twilight and her friends, but even so, don't let them somehow bumble their way into the Twilight Realm with the Elements. Remember that the magic of the Elements can cut through dark magic like butter.

Anyway, the pegusus will probably summon you as soon as possible.

ok

*sits flank down*

• 2 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I guess Techno could be the guy trying to protect the princesses like we need a good guy in the RP somewhere. :)

Name: Techno Universal

Race: Alicorn

Appearance: 

Powers: In the link.

Weaknesses: It's primarily interference with his system that can be effective.

Other: He's the good guy obviously and he's trying to protect the princesses. Just remember I can make it so he's not too overly powered like he limits himself in a way naturally. :)