Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Poking fun at deviantart

Cosmicbrambleclaw

So Im on deviantart just now checking out this pony creator, and it has preset rainbow mane and tail. Now, Im not usually a troll, but I couldnt help making fun of deviantart when I saw this. So I took the pony I was making and converted it into Rainbow Dash immediately. What sparked this was how people on DA all the time steal stuff and recolor it, then go "Original character, dont steal!" and get really ticked off if you do something similar to theirs or recolor it yourself :P soooo without further ado, here is my version of "OC Dont Steal!" (note: Rainbow Dash is the most common pony that gets this done to her, people change the cutie mark and claim that its a entirely new pony so yeah lol) http://cosmicbrambleclaw.deviantart.com/art/Original-Character-Dont-Steal-490358093

post-30274-0-04877300-1414142758_thumb.png

• Brohoof 1

Eh, I can't say I'm the hugest fan of the "OC, do not steal" meme, but hey, there's nothing wrong with creating your very own fancharacters, right? (ones that are not recolours, of course)

If you want a good laugh, I recommend you to go and meet a deviantART user called Dakari-King-Mykan. He's an anti-brony and has written the hilariously bad My Little Unicorn. What's so funny about his "art", however, is that his "OCs" are rip-offs of the main characters of MLP:FiM. To give one example, one of his "OCs" is called Starla Shine, who looks like Rarity. He then goes on how Starla isn't as shallow as Rarity, when Starla does nothing at all in My Little Unicorn. :P

Edited by Mienshao
  • Brohoof 3

Eh, art thieves are everywhere, DeviantART just happens to be the biggest art site for both causal and proffessional artists on the entire internet x) So it's become a meme in of itself that it's DeviantART that all this stuff happens at.