Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

The 'Final Boss' in your life

ARagY

• 11 months later...

Where to begin?

Humankind, Society and Speciesism are most likely ones. These aren't things that I want to be adept at so much as do away with.

You want to . . . kill all of humanity?

There's no telling what it will be for me. Even if I do take down a major obstacle, be it internal or external, another one will surely come up. As of now though, it'd have to be me. Think of the final boss of Okamiden.

Why the final boss from that game and not the one from Okami proper? Granted I haven't played the game and don't know who the final boss is.

Assembly language. Regardless of what instruction set you're using, it's without a doubt the most difficult language to program in. Even with a crazy amount of commenting, I had significant difficulty reading what my code was doing. I hope to never see it again in my future career... but it's possible...

I know an old quote but: my winter project is going to involve MOS 65xx machine language (Hex editor attempt, if I fail at that, I will use ASM.) There are soooo many hour going in to just organizing EXACTLY what I am going to code. I imagine the coding will be somewhat quick. I am hoping that the trouble shooting will be done in stages, as proper troubleshooting after the fact can be nearly impossible with ML.

• Brohoof 1

Why the final boss from that game and not the one from Okami proper? Granted I haven't played the game and don't know who the final boss is.

Because in Okamiden, part of the final boss is literally your dark mirror image. I figured that was a better representation than a living being of the sun going up against a machine of the cold darkness.

Also, the other part of the Okamiden final boss is your friend. We've never had any big fights, but my friend and I are different enough that there's still clashing.

• Brohoof 1

Because in Okamiden, part of the final boss is literally your dark mirror image. I figured that was a better representation than a living being of the sun going up against a machine of the cold darkness.

Also, the other part of the Okamiden final boss is your friend. We've never had any big fights, but my friend and I are different enough that there's still clashing.

I see. That makes much more sense. It also provides a better final boss in sort of the same way Lex Luthor does for Superman. Lex is no Darkseid or Metallo or Braniac, beings who are closer to Superman in power and provide a more significant physical threat, but Luthor is Supes' personal nemesis. His antithesis, the one who's conflict is less physical and more ideological. The same for Joker against Batman.

To use an example from video games, Link and Ganondorf are the eternal rivals . . . literally. Even though Gannon is usually the ultimate physical threat, it's just as much what he represents as well as the man himself that Link is trying to stop. Think about Link as a character, even though he's pretty one note as far as protagonists are concerned and varies depending on incarnation but there are common elements that can be sussed out.

-Usually comes from a humble, rural existence.

and

-Is completely selfless almost to the point of martyrdom.

In contrast, Ganondorf was born as the king of the Gerudo so he is of high birth and status and is driven entirely by selfish desire. Even when he does team up with another villain, he ALWAYS betrays them in the end. Link, even if he recognizes the betrayed as evil, would never turn on his own allies. In addition, the two of them have history, which makes every time they clash a battle that has been continuously fought for eons.

• Brohoof 1

I've faced several mini-bosses, but I like to imagine that my true 'final boss' would be a criminal I have to stop in order to save someone as a police officer when I get hired.

• Brohoof 1

Math. Just math in general.

I ow a lot of people say that they suck at math, but you probably know more than me. I barely know my times tables.

My final boss is the future or, in a broader sense, I can say it is time itself. I tend to be insecure and anxious towards future, and dealing with not being sure about what lies ahead is one of my biggest challenges. ^_^

• Brohoof 1