Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

The 'Final Boss' in your life

ARagY

• 4 weeks later...

Myself.

I hate myself, that is a sad truth of my life. I have plenty of trouble just liking who I am and when I compare myself to others, it makes that worse. Getting past my own self-loathing and just being happy, that could be the biggest challenge of my life. 

It's Darth Sidious.

Don't tell me he's not real. He is. I haven't wasted the past 5 years of my life learning to be a jedi for nothing! Don't crush my dreams, dammit!

If that were the case though, a true Jedi wouldn't be looking to kill someone and especially not having the confrontation be an anticipated end goal.

"There is no emotion, there is peace."

~ ~ ~ ~

Glad this thread got some life back in it. In celebration I shall re-post my submission.

In my entire life? I really don't know, because I'm almost sure that the way I'm living now is not how it's going to remain. Even after that, there will be changes. Life is not one constant and perpetual event for anyone.

If I were to choose my final bosses from a video game perspective however, they would be my personal Four Horseman . . .

img-3202850-1-51b1be78b3d8b96247.jpg

Monsoon of Metal Gear is Pestilence: His is the infectious meme. Specifically the meme of nihilism. Godlessness, "nothing is sacred", the apparent falsity of human agency and morality. Monsoon would have his followers believe that declaring meaningless to the universe and civilization is some great, edifying truth. When really, it's the epitome of simplification for personal insecurity.

Associated with: Anti-theism, dirty fighting, dishonor, corruption or abandonment of ideals.

Other forms: Cody, Balrog (both Street Fighter), Dark and Poison type Pokemon, Andrew Ryan, Reaver (Fable)

img-3202850-2-31.jpg

William Taggart (Deus Ex: Human Revolution) is Famine. Taggart deprives people of their potential. Restricting augmentations to only those he and his ilk deem worthy because he condemns humanity unworthy of such gifts and such freedom. Keeping the scales balanced. Maintaining "equality." Equal in stagnation and mundanity.

Associated with: Luddism, hypocrisy, government control, the inherent falsity of politicians.

Other forms: The Templars (Assassin's Creed), Agent Edgar Ross, Abraham Reyes (Red Dead Redemption), The Patriots (Metal Gear) Ambassador/Councilor Donnel Udina (Mass Effect)

img-3202850-3-Halo-3.jpg

Master Chief is War: The tragic demon who is the weapon and most loyal enforcer of the very fascist militarized regime that took from him, his family, his life, and his free will. Master Chief is complacent in his existence of endless war, remaining unstuck in time only to emerge when conflict begets him, rather than question the ethics of his superiors.

Associated with: Survival over soul, the unexamined life, loss of individuality and self, moral sloth.

Other forms: Renegade Commander Shepard, Colonel Augustus Autumn, most chapters of the Brotherhood of Steel (Fallout), Private First Class Joseph Allen, General Shepherd (Call of Duty), Cpt. Martin Walker (Spec Ops: The Line)

MASSIVE SPOILERS FOR DEAD SPACE AHEAD!

img-3202850-4-dead_space_3_awakened_isaa

The Brethren Moons are (of course) Death: The ultimate expression of cynicism and nihilism. If nothing matters, no morality, no free will, no greater purpose to sapient existence, then ridding the universe of humanity (and equivalent life) is not a tragic or mourn worthy loss in the grand scheme. The ending of this game was the first time in my life I was tempted to throw the controller in frustration. All the pain, all the sacrifice, all the courage put forth by Isaac . . . and it amounted to nothing. The first game I witnessed actually making itself pointless!

Associated with: the audacity of depicting pitch blackness as anything laudable, "proof" of the nonexistence of a Higher Power, pointless struggle, human life not worth preserving

Other forms: the Reapers, the Dark Presence (Alan Wake), Alduin the World Eater (Skyrim), The Darkspawn and Archdemon (Dragon Age) The Flood (Halo), Lucien, The Crawler (Fable)

Then it would be a boss rush of me, equipped with my martial arts and whatever melee weapons I could use from each bosses' setting.

It would be some Cry of Fear stuff - I'd be the final boss for myself, representing my anxiety disorder.

Myself.

I hate myself, that is a sad truth of my life. I have plenty of trouble just liking who I am and when I compare myself to others, it makes that worse. Getting past my own self-loathing and just being happy, that could be the biggest challenge of my life. 

Wow, I wouldn't expect that you hate yourself. :( I'm sorry.

• 4 years later...

“What I've done 
I'll face myself to cross out what I've become
Erase myself
And let go of what I've done”

On 11/17/2015 at 9:33 AM, Steve Piranha said:

I could say the ghetto hispanic slum I live in....... this place sucks. I can't wait to get out of this God forsaken place >_>   

Well, forgot about this post. Funny because I’ve technically defeated my final boss directly. Now I’m in the post game, and my goal is defeating morally the final boss: by living as fulfilling as I can :mlp_yeehaa:

Time and freedom for me. Finding a balance of time to do everything and the freedom to do them while still being there for others close to me has been the bane of my existence for as long as I can remember. Sadly I don’t think I’ll ever defeat them.

• Brohoof 1

On 10/26/2014 at 1:03 AM, ARagY said:

What will be that Final Boss for you to beat?

Too early to tell. There are many bosses, and they seem to be very difficult. However, the final boss will probably be me fighting some illness at the end of my lifespan?

• Brohoof 1

Impossible to really say at this stage. I do martial arts but I don't really have the time to attend regular classes or advance in a meaningful way currently. So I'd like to think my final boss would be some sort of final opponent to attain some kind of high rank in Kung Fu. Make it like a Street Fighter arcade mode final boss.

• Brohoof 1

At this stage, anxiety seems like it's the final boss of my life.

I always have the habit of second-guessing myself, the habit of retreating from any sort of conversation, and the habit of worrying all the time about whatever thing. It's really harmed my life in numerous profound ways. Also it seems to spawn a sort of miniboss alongside it, a bad habit I've had an EXTREMELY hard time shaking, one which I can't really discuss here because it's not very PG-13...