Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

No blind bag ponies for the US

Fghik

But it's an American cartoon, that doesn't make any sense... :(

My Little Pony; Outsourcing Is Magic Profitable.

At least you don't live in Australia, we get nothing, we loose.

I don't understand how or why they selectively choose where to retail their merchandise. Like figures America would be the best place if any to sell something. Not to mention Canada.

Then again I'm no business-pony.

Posted Image

• Brohoof 1

I don't see any reason why they wouldn't do something like that in Canada or the US, I'd buy one, the next pony would buy one and so on and so forth...

The only things I can see that would be getting in the way would be parents getting upset over their child not getting the pony they want (when they could use the code chart) or that it's not accustomed to the culture here (Buying a bag with an unknown prize inside) so it wouldn't be a good business move and they think they'd lose money...

I dunno... I guess my Rarity doll ACTION FIGURE will have to remain alone on my shelf :<

I really wish Hasbro would sell things like this

(Except not so four hundred dollary, I'd prefer somewhere closer to $30)

so that I wouldn't feel so alone in the dark.at night :<

Edited by Scootaloo

If you want ponies, in the US you could buy the 12 pony collection set? It's similar to the blind bags:

Those are the first official MLP toys I've seen that come close to looking like the characters in the show, but I can't help but notice that Applejack is hatless. :(

If you want ponies, in the US you could buy the 12 pony collection set? It's similar to the blind bags:

Posted Image

It has the Mane6 alright... I was going to get them from "cheating" the blind-bags.

Although those other ponies I could care less about...

Now if they included Lyra Heartstrings (and now of course you'd need Bon-Bon as well,) Derpy, Spike, Big Mac, and Luna... I'd be perfectly happy to get that set.

But how? I'm sure there are plenty of Americans who would buy them... :huh:

I think it is a matter of selling the same product more effectively by not putting it into a blindbag (the primary demographic in mind)

I'm not sure I understand why they don't ship inside the U.S.. Isn't the show made and produced there in the first place?

Actually, I believe the show is produced in Vancouver by Studio B (or whatever their new name is now...)

It still doesn't explain why they don't make any awesome toys/products in the US/Canada

Edited by Scootaloo

Uuuhhhh if I don't mind my asking what the heck are blind bags?

Blind bags are the same kind of ponies from the Toys R Us collection set, only they're packaged in individual bags instead and there are a few exclusive ponies not included in the Toys R Us set. They're called blind bags because they don't tell you which pony is inside.

Posted Image