• I didn't like it.
    • Meh. It was ok.
    • I liked it!
    • I LOVED IT! <3

(edited)

https://mlpforums.com/calendar/event/46-%7B%3F%7D/?module=events

Title: Ponyville Confidential
Air Date: March 31, 2012
Synopsis: The Cutie Mark Crusaders adopt the name 'Gabby Gums' to become the gossip columnist for their school paper. They seem to have finally found something they're good at! But is it worth the pain they cause to other ponies with their hurtful stories?

Cutie Mark Crusader Gossipers, YAY!!! Edited by DashForever

(edited)

I actually puked from all the happiness overload. Seriously if this isn't a nod to L.A Confidential I'll be one sad,sad guy.

Edited by SrFrog Aztlan

It would be brilliant if they titled either the newspaper or the gossip column 'Equestria Daily', or had Scootaloo live up to her 'Stalkerloo' Tumblr alter-ego.

Fanon nods or otherwise, I'm all for hearing about the latest rumours and scandals in and around Ponyville, and judging from the previous CMC episodes this season, I doubt I'll be disappointed with this one.

• Brohoof 2

I love the Cutie Mark Crusaders. Believe it or not, I feel the show is a tad more mature when they are on. This episode has been done before plenty of times, but I bet they can pull it of

It would be brilliant if they titled either the newspaper or the gossip column 'Equestria Daily'

THIS Would be so epic.

I believe calling it Equestria Daily would cause Sethisto and the others at EQD to go bananas. No chance of avoiding THAT spoiler.

Anyway, I'm definitely looking forward to this episode. It has a fairly bog-standard, obvious moral, and is probably going to be predictable in terms of its overall plot composition, but that's not really the point to the episode. While FIM is fairly ground-breaking in terms of being a quality little girl's cartoon, it's not going to offer up super new concepts every week.

The real nitty gritty of this episode will be the juicy gossip and the way in which it can explore some of the issues around Ponyville, give us some super neat insights into the characters. I also expect it to be used to crush at least some fanon, while possibly give little nods to other pieces of fanon, depending upon which pieces the show creators like and which they dislike. That's not to say I expect, for example, Pinkie to outright say "I don't make ponies into cupcakes!" but I wouldn't be surprised if there was something to at least subtly hint that Princess Celestia is NOT a troll, despite the almost omnipresent belief that she is.

One other thing I'd like to see, if possible, is for Scootaloo to take focus in this episode rather than Sweetie Belle or Apple Bloom. This is the fourth CMC episode we've had this season, so Scoots needs some attention, and if there's anywhere she could shine, it's this. After all, canon does practically endorse her Stalkerloo persona as it is...

• Brohoof 4

i suspect the gossip will be cliche rainbow dash plays with dolls, rarity enjoys wrestling (and of course, fluttershy sleeps naked)

but yeah, that's probably what the episode is gonna rely on, so i hope they actually pull of some funny and interesting gossip and maybe say that some pony is a spy or an alien of some sort

Thanks. Somebody in another thread claimed it was deemed unfit for younger viewers and scrapped!

Someone's a parasprite

• Brohoof 1

Another CMC Episode? Legit! After their role in Hearts and Whooves day I can't wait for another one of their wild adventures xD After DHX showed us that they did more than just search for cutie marks my admiration for the CMC's went way up :P

Wasn't there a Simpons plot similar to this where Homer or Bart started a rumor mill? I vaguely recall such an episode.

As Kyronea said, we all know where this is heading. The entertaining part will hopefully be the ride.