Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Minecraft General Discussion

Gummy

Hey guys, big Minecraft news! Check it out!

Here's the main part I want to point out:

There have been three main problems we have wanted to address:

• Too large oceans
  • Too uneven/random biome placement
  • Not enough variation

The solution to these problems have been,

• Tweaks to add more islands and checks to avoid huge oceans
  • Biomes have been put into four main categories: snow-covered, cold, medium, and dry/warm. Biomes will avoid getting placed next to a biome that is too different to itself (sometimes this still happens, but it’s very rare now and not all over the place)
  • We’ve added a whole bunch of new biomes…
  • … and most biomes have uncommon/rare variations that you may run into
  • We’ve also added a bunch of new terrain features, such as new flowers and trees

I also wrote a blog about it which can be found here.

If your a noob, yes it's almost impossible. But as you keep playing the game and get used to the fact that you have to defend yourself and kill some pigs for food, no it's not that hard. 

I've been playing minecraft for a long while and normal minecraft really isn't a challenge for me anymore I now just play Tekkit and FTB they give a goal that's more than just building and is just abit more fun than normal minecraft if anyone wants to play message me on skype: thefatmidgit

• 1 month later...

So, I scanned through the list of threads, and I might have missed it, but I don't see a thread about Minecraft, or as I like to call it, Minecrack. So I thought I'd start one.wub.png

Anypony play?

I've been building a lot of sprite art lately, and with the new updates, automating the crap out of my survival maps.

Share with me your creations. Or perhaps the largest TNT disaster you've endured. derpy_emoticon1.png

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I suppose I'm gonna have to kickstart this thread with some builds of my own if I'm gonna get any response. tongue.png

Here's a few of my builds from a creative server I'm on.

I call this one "Doomhammer"

post-20188-0-78671100-1382586072_thumb.png

This one was actually based on a dream I had. I built an entire set of Skyscrapers for this.post-20188-0-26703900-1382586116_thumb.png

post-20188-0-68450800-1382586154_thumb.png

And of course some pixel art. :D

post-20188-0-74039200-1382586187_thumb.png

post-20188-0-91082300-1382586210_thumb.png

• Brohoof 1

I play Minecraft for the PVP aspect. Me not being creative, I need something to do with a game that doesn't require much thought. But I also haven't been playing lately since I'm anticipating the 1.7 update. Anyways, nice works, I'm sure they took a lot of time and effort.

I play Minecraft for the PVP aspect. Me not being creative, I need something to do with a game that doesn't require much thought. But I also haven't been playing lately since I'm anticipating the 1.7 update. Anyways, nice works, I'm sure they took a lot of time and effort.

Thanks, and yes they did. I spent a lot of hours on this server. :P

Ever play MineZ on the shotbow network? I've been on there quite a bit. Lots of zombie survival awesomeness.

Thanks, and yes they did. I spent a lot of hours on this server. tongue.png

Ever play MineZ on the shotbow network? I've been on there quite a bit. Lots of zombie survival awesomeness.

Oh yes, MineZ was a lot of fun. The only problem I had with it was my friends were moving away from Minecraft at the time, so I was stuck trying to solo it. Wasn't the easy thing, but nevertheless entertaining. 

• Brohoof 1

I play minecraft but I got it with a proxy so no multiplayer or updates for me. I'm stuck at version 1.3.2 but I do play creative mode mainly and those are nice builds.

Dude, you should just buy it, you get all the updates free once you have an account. It's really worth it if you love the game.

Thanks, btw. :D

Oh yes, MineZ was a lot of fun. The only problem I had with it was my friends were moving away from Minecraft at the time, so I was stuck trying to solo it. Wasn't the easy thing, but nevertheless entertaining. 

I almost always go it alone on there. I've made it to the northern border where the dark mansion is. I died from starvation though. lol

I almost always go it alone on there. I've made it to the northern border where the dark mansion is. I died from starvation though. lol

Ha, know that feel. Always one of the biggest worries of any zombie survival game. I feel MineZ was a bit extreme with the hunger, but it's understandable since it makes the game much more difficult, which in turns makes it more fun.

• Brohoof 1

I played a lot of minecraft but I don't play a lot nowadays anymore. Been through a lot of mods. Voltz, Tekkit, FTB, Hexxit, Pixelmon, Better than Wolves, you name it, I probably played it.

I don't really like the PVP aspect, as it's kinda broken and the mechanics for fighting are kinda lame. Though I never play creative, it's always survival. I only play creative to test a stuff out. I play mostly for creativity and complexity. I love starting without anything and slowly expanding my home, technical redstone machines included. Just exploring and fighting off baddies with my friends is a great way to spend the time. 

Too bad they hardly play anymore, our server feels so lonely and empty now..

• Brohoof 1

I played a lot of minecraft but I don't play a lot nowadays anymore. Been through a lot of mods. Voltz, Tekkit, FTB, Hexxit, Pixelmon, Better than Wolves, you name it, I probably played it.

I don't really like the PVP aspect, as it's kinda broken and the mechanics for fighting are kinda lame. Though I never play creative, it's always survival. I only play creative to test a stuff out. I play mostly for creativity and complexity. I love starting without anything and slowly expanding my home, technical redstone machines included. Just exploring and fighting off baddies with my friends is a great way to spend the time. 

Too bad they hardly play anymore, our server feels so lonely and empty now..

I know that feel, my creative server has been so dead in recent months, I've stopped playing. I began on Xbox actually, my friend and I started a survival map, and it ended up looking like this.

564183_617052184976384_2051928592_n.jpg

This is entirely survival mode, no cheating at all. We quarried a massive amount of stone, and fired it into bricks. This is actually a less finished image since we last worked on it. Now the floating island in the front there has towers hanging down and on top, and a bridge leading to it.

Edited by Midnight Scribbler

let me put it this way alot of us play minecraft even me. i bet at least half if not more of the brony comunity play's minecraft

I love it. That's awesome. I kind of went on a little pixelart spree with ponies when I first became a brony. I even built a 3D Derpy sculpture. :P

Thanks for sharing! :)

Still play, but I get distracted and never make anything good on solo play, and I've spent a year looking for the right server....

....is a decent vanilla server so much to ask for?

Edited by Outkin

Still play, but I get distracted and never make anything good on solo play, and I've spent a year looking for the right server....

....is a decent vanilla server so much to ask for?

I had troubles finding one myself. I had one once that I liked, but it went dead and disappeared unfortunately. It seems like once you get enough people on, they mine the shit out of everything and it makes it a lot more challenging to get started for late join players.

I stick with 1.6. becuase there is hardly no 1.7.1 mods out...yet

The mods I have installed are

• Biomes a Plenty
  • BetterHUD
  • MoarFoods and Oars
  • Hats
  • Portal/Gravity Gun 

I've never run mods before, I have no idea how to do that. :P

Computer stuff really confuses me, also I'm running on mac, so I think it works a bit different. I know running servers is more difficult to figure out on mac too.

• 4 weeks later...

FTB Unleashed player here. I just find having a little higher goal than "find diamonds" to be so much more interesting. Plus all the crazy things you can build if you put the time into it. Plus jet-packs, because no one can beat jet-packs. 

I love(d) Minecraft! ....but after the official version was released, my computers started to L.A.G. really bad, to the point neither my husband nor I want to play it anymore. I have been keeping up with the new releases and updates to the game, and since not having "officially" played it since 1.7 beta I kind've feel like there's just too much to the game now.  I don't know, maybe once I upgrade my pathetic excuse for a desktop (it's made using old school desktop hardware and thus is not fast at all), I just have to catch up with everything.....seriously, it's like a whole new game with the way things are now compared to 1.7 beta....

I am very fond of Minecraft, though mainly the survival aspect of it. I love gathering materials and building new bunkers and other shelters and expanding my territory. I can get lost in time with it. I have mostly played the 360 edition but I plan on getting the Xbox One version when it is finally released. I have heard that they are trying to get that one as close to the PC version as possible, given the hardware capabilities. Hopefully they can manage that.

Oh, so this is now a general discussion thread? Coolio!

I'm gonna go ahead and share my recent Creative build. This is the largest maze I've done to date - its dimensions are 134 x 102 blocks. None of my friends have managed to complete it yet. (This was before I made the walls higher and added a roof!)

img-1766029-1-7TNW9VH.png

what server are you on, i want to know

• 2 weeks later...