Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

You know what you guys need?

Kel_Grym

You Need...

bigstock-Public-Relations-Concept-in-th-

Specifically a public relations guy for you guys!

And by "you guys" I mean moderation.

Tired of constantly being seen as this guy?

CobraCommander01.jpg

Public Relations is what you need.

~ :D And I'm just the guy for the job! :D ~

Now I know what you may be thinking...

image.png

But please bear with me.

There are many things a PR guy can do for moderation!

• Act as a bridge between moderator and user. Like an ambassador.
  • Act as a drama sponge to relieve workload.
  • Improve your image
  • Extend your networking capabilities
  • Wash your car
  • Other things!

But wait!

...you might say

Why do you we need you to be our PR guy?

post-25708-0-34871700-1414494365_thumb.jpg

W-why do you need me! Ha ha! Oh! That's a good one.

Well first of all...

I'm a relate-able everyman! post-25708-0-05968500-1414495150.jpg

post-25708-0-05021600-1414495211.jpg I'm super persuasive!

AND!

post-25708-0-37248200-1414494905.jpgI have swag!post-25708-0-37248200-1414494905.jpg

Perhaps these reasons aren't enough to consider me for the job, however I hope you take the idea up for consideration and give it some thought, as it would no doubt ease tensions between the common user and staff. The PR guy wouldn't not necessarily have to be a moderator or anything, just a guy in contact with moderation that other people can go to and discuss their grievances with.

It doesn't even have to be one guy, but a whole PR team made up of volunteers.

Anyways...

Roll the idea around in your head and have your people call my people! :)

Ta ta for now.

• Brohoof 11

Lol, take that guy, he for sure knows how to make first impression.

But srsly, good idea, recentl problems ould often be solved by contacting moderation and that would lead to much less tension on forums itself, I think, it is a great idea. 

• Brohoof 3

Interestingly enough, we actually do have a PR team. If you have any questions, concerns, or suggestions, you can send a message to . She's also the one you'll want to contact if you're interested in helping out.

What I think the staff needs, personally, is feedback. If you think we're not being as effective as we should be, why not shoot us a message? The relationship between our staff and our members is based on communication. We'll do our best to keep you informed of what you need to know, but communication is a two-way street. We depend on you to tell us what you think! 

Send a message to any one of our staff, preferably an admin or a sectional lead, and you can sure we'll take your suggestions into consideration. Or, perhaps, simply make a Feedback thread (like this one here). It certainly doesn't help to just let discontent fester and rot. Instead, let us know how you feel! As long as you remain civil and respectful, there's absolutely no reason why you shouldn't speak your mind. We wouldn't have known to update our NSFW rule if it weren't for all you wonderful people, after all!

If there's truly a gap between member and staff (and we have been working to minimize that through events and surveys), work with us to get it bridged! This is something we must do together. Not as a team of staff, and not as a group of members, but as a community. Indeed, in the grand scheme of things, it's not just feedback from the members or PR for the staff. No, it's all about communication. Teamwork.

We're all in this together, and it's up to all of us to keep our community the friendly, welcoming environment it was meant to be. So let's keep MLPF great--together!

• Brohoof 7

How about starting a poll, where people can share their opinions about moderation anonymously? That would be much easier way to get a feedback from more users, I think. Just a little suggestion after reading Your post, Aquila :3 

• Brohoof 3

How about starting a poll, where people can share their opinions about moderation anonymously? That would be much easier way to get a feedback from more users, I think. Just a little suggestion after reading Your post, Aquila :3 

We actually had a large-scale survey to that effect. It wasn't perfect, but we got hundreds of responses, and we used them to address flaws in the system and to improve on what was already good. 

My point is, communication doesn't have to come in short bursts like it might through polls and surveys. Instead, I encourage everyone to step up and speak without fear of penalty. Just follow the rules, and you'll be fine. 

• Brohoof 4

There's a PR team already?

Hmm....

Then we just have to give the PR team a PR team!

heh...joking.

But yes, there always seems to be some issue or upset among the good peeps in my circle, and very recently a certain 'you-know-who' suffered some serious consequences that may or may not have been his fault (I'm still not 100% on the call)...and that has caused a bit of a stir.

It got me thinking in anycase.

Users want to be able to trust moderation, but there are certain limitations to what moderation can do as far as openness and transparency in their decision making, limitations that can be misconstrued as secretive smokescreens and legalese B.S.

This site cannot be like that one site [which shall remain unnamed] that does public posts of all their bans and what not.

However, I will keep Destiny in mind and might give her a holler in the future.

My idea of Public relations was basically to have a user or few users that people could go to instead of raising a racket in status updates and what not. I don't know if that's what Destiny does per se, or if her public relations is between poniverse and other affiliates (which I originally thought).

• Brohoof 3

You definitely know how to make an impression. :lol:

However, I will keep Destiny in mind and might give her a holler in the future.

My idea of Public relations was basically to have a user or few users that people could go to instead of raising a racket in status updates and what not. I don't know if that's what Destiny does per se, or if her public relations is between poniverse and other affiliates (which I originally thought).

I look forward to any messages you send, and I'll make sure to keep your suggestions in mind~

• Brohoof 4

Well you certainly can make an impression, mate. However it is unclear if you support Team Magma or Team Aqua so I am afraid I must withhold my judgement.

Tired of constantly being seen as this guy?

Mods:

Lestrade-Not-Really-Gif.gif

Edited by Shift
  • Brohoof 3

Not sure what I just read x) There is no shame with this one. 'I'm the guy for the job, let's get this goin, mods!' If Zoop was still here he'd be laughing his ass off.

@@Banul,

img-3208705-1-eye-triangle-head.png

Would this face lie to you?

tumblr_mpio393Qgw1r2u7p0o1_r1_400.gif

What I think the staff needs, personally, is feedback. If you think we're not being as effective as we should be, why not shoot us a message?

Because the average user only has enough brain function to make a dramatic status update or blog whenever something happens to them or a close friend of theirs x) That's the default reaction for a lot of people, rather than to civiliy track down the mod or an admin and PM them about the situation and get things sorted. I'm sure there are factors from both parties that result in this, but I'm also sure things can be done to make 'I need to contact the staff about this!' the more common reaction of people, not 'time to make a passive-aggressive, whiny status update cause my butt is hurt!'

• Brohoof 4

Because the average user only has enough brain function to make a dramatic status update or blog whenever something happens to them or a close friend of theirs x) That's the default reaction for a lot of people, rather than to civiliy track down the mod or an admin and PM them about the situation and get things sorted. I'm sure there are factors from both parties that result in this, but I'm also sure things can be done to make 'I need to contact the staff about this!' the more common reaction of people, not 'time to make a passive-aggressive, whiny status update cause my butt is hurt!'

Were I trying to make a decent forum with a large, engaged userbase, I would be less worried about the ones making status updates and more worried about the ones who simply stop logging on.

The fact that the OP suggested a public relations team when there was one already speaks volumes.

Were I trying to make a decent forum with a large, engaged userbase, I would be less worried about the ones making status updates and more worried about the ones who simply stop logging on.

The fact that the OP suggested a public relations team when there was one already speaks volumes.

You're assuming I'm trying to give some grand speech about how things need to be adrdessed in general, I'm not x) My entire post is talking about statuses, because that's the only thing I quoted :3 I got off staff because my drive for helping things grow and dealing with dramatic staff/member relationships burnt out; the last thing I'm trying to accomplish in here is develop a scheme for how things need to be addressed.

I was more or less just being snarky towards those who make such statuses, since TS popped a question I could reply to about it~ :umad:

• Brohoof 1

Might be worth noting that Destiny and her team are PR in a promotional sense - marketing and such. Her focus isn't like the damage control types that come out of the wood work during events like the BP oil spill.

What Kel really described is closer to a Client Services/Customer relations approach.

• Brohoof 2

What Kel really described is closer to a Client Services/Customer relations approach.

It's a great idea too. From what I have been hearing around the forums lately the main issue of the forums is the separation between the members and its staff. I personally see this issue just like a modern day real world issue with the police, and just like in the real world it is causing a lot of tension. Having a team of staff to ventilate the issue will be a perfect way to stabilize the issue and bring the forum back into equilibrium.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Client Services then!

Well how about that?

Do we have that? Can we use that?

It's a great idea too. From what I have been hearing around the forums lately the main issue of the forums is the separation between the members and its staff. I personally see this issue just like a modern day real world issue with the police, and just like in the real world it is causing a lot of tension. Having a team of staff to ventilate the issue will be a perfect way to stabilize the issue and bring the forum back into equilibrium.

What he said.

Edited by Minister KelGrym