Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

mega thread What would your cutie mark be? And why?

Owlowiscious

My story? Well, my biggest passion is easily music. Doesn't matter if it's instrumental or vocal. May as well lump theatre in there and say my passion is in the fine arts. Hence my Ponysona's bass clef cutie mark. Plain and simple. Music is, in many ways, my release, and how I express myself. Nothing's more enjoyable personally than wailing on a trumpet in a jazz number, or else singing slow, beautiful harmonies in my baritone voice. 

If it weren't for music, I'd likely house a talent in whitewater kayaking or rock climbing, or more likely, some scientific thing or other.

That's about it. Music. Science. Water. Easy peasy.

• Brohoof 1

Hi Sprig! I think my cutie mark would be two quills crossed in an x-shape. When I had first thought about myself as a pony, I had decided on one quill because I love to doodle and draw, and I've gotten compliments on my writing before. Then one day, I took one of those personality quizzes that say what I would be "if I was a ____"--pony version--because I was bored. The answer mentioned two crossed quills as a cutie mark. Since it was so close to what I had already thought, I took that part of the answer to heart.

Hey Violet! :) Thanks for your response!

I'm always game for some self insight, any chance you still have the link to the personality quiz you mentioned?

Oh darn...hold on, I need to make a list of my interests and passions.

(Music, writing, exploring, video games, telling stories, math, science, astronomy, leading, uhmm...)

Now that I think about it, it would be something to do with leading and leadership. I'm in Boy Scouts, and I was elected Senior Patrol Leader (the highest Scout position in the troop) at age twelve. I served for six months, and then was unanimously reelected by the troop. I'm often called by teachers to lead group projects or teach something to the class. I take charge in any group of people, whether I know them or not. And I enjoy being the leader.  :wub:

• Brohoof 1

I cant seem to figure out what my CM would be, though this problem comes simply from the fact that I have no idea what a dancing cutie mark would look like. my other option would be a fedora, because i like dressing nicely, and a fedora is just my style, But if i could figure out what a dancing CM would look like it would probably be that.

But on to the story. I found that I liked dancing during high school where I learned how to Swing dance. later I taught myself how to robot and then to dubstep. As for the fedora I discovered I loved dressing fancily when I received a sports coat as a gift. Later i received a full suit and have since expanded my dress wardrobe considerably. I found a love of fedoras in part through the tv show White Collar.

Edited by SorenWolf

I cant seem to figure out what my CM would be, though this problem comes simply from the fact that I have no idea what a dancing cutie mark would look like. my other option would be a fedora, because i like dressing nicely, and a fedora is just my style, But if i could figure out what a dancing CM would look like it would probably be that.

But on to the story. I found that I liked dancing during high school where I learned how to Swing dance. later I taught myself how to robot and then to dubstep. As for the fedora I discovered I loved dressing fancily when I received a sports coat as a gift. Later i received a full suit and have since expanded my dress wardrobe considerably. I found a love of fedoras in part through the tv show White Collar.

Any particular kind of dance? It could be tap shoes or some other thing that people wear while dancing. The cutie mark can be a bit abstract. After all, we have a teacher who claims three flowers means her talent is teaching fillies and a unicorn who has a purple sparkle-star to represent magic.

Any particular kind of dance? It could be tap shoes or some other thing that people wear while dancing. The cutie mark can be a bit abstract. After all, we have a teacher who claims three flowers means her talent is teaching fillies and a unicorn who has a purple sparkle-star to represent magic.

While I do not tap dance a pair of fancy shoes might fit the bill (or flank as the case may be). Thank you I had not thought of that before. But I get the feeling that the fedora can also represent dance as I always wear a fedora

(and as for what kinds of dance that would be swing, charleston, and dubstep. Yes I know the last one dosent fit with the other two)

• 3 weeks later...

I've never actually thought about this properly before, and I came up with my answer as I wrote this.

I suppose my cutie mark would be masks. If they weren't masks, then they'd either be a book, to show my love of books; a pencil, because I love writing; a pen, for the same reasons as the pencil but also because I sometimes think I'm too obsessed with being remembered after I die, leaving behind a legacy of greatness and making a mark on history, and a the indelible ink of a pen would suit that perfectly; a computer monitor or terminal, to show my love of technology and my skill with computers; a cartoonised atom, because I love science; a heart, to show my intense, passionate nature and my great love for women that can be seen when I'm not crying or being sad; or perhaps a chess piece, a bishop or king, due to my love of chess, my talent for planning and strategising, but also how in chess, the game is instantly lost when the king is taken, and I often fear that my plans will never work, and everything will come crashing down, and the waste products shall hit every circular rotating air-circulation device on the planet if I'm not there, overseeing every last detail and badgering people to make sure everything goes absolutely perfectly.

So yeah, I guess I'd have a King chesspiece cutie mark. Forget what I said about masks! King me!

Unless I got a cutie mark that was all of these things at once. That'd be cool. I wonder what that would look like.

My cutie mark would probably either be a sewing needle or an egg. I want to be an avian veternarian once I finnish school, hence the egg. I am pretty good at sewing if i do say so myself, hence the sewing needle. :3

My cutie mark would have to be, two lightning bolts with two different clouds. One cloud that is golden and another cloud that is black and red. It would represent my status as a pegasus pony.

I figure if I were to have something back there, it would be a blank sheet of paper. I say this because I aspire for so much, but have yet to find my calling. First though, I need to be an animated pony before I could think of a cutie mark.

I was thinking about this some time ago. It's kinda... bound to happen since cutie marks are such a unique idea and can be applied to real life - except we don't get them, duh!

I had it in my head that... I still haven't discovered what exactly it is I'm good at. I'm fumbling around so much and I'm 19 for buck's sake! I'm at university doing Psychology because I found it pretty easy to understand and remember - at college, I must stress. I'm been neglecting the things that I'm... at least decent at. Other people say I'm very good at them, but I think I'm only decent - and that's writing stories and playing the piano. I feel playing the piano is pretty much my raw talent since I found it easy to play more complex pieces rather than simple ones without having played the piano at all beforehand.

So... a book with the picture of a piano on the cover..? I dunno. It has to look less boring than that, tbh.

Wait... wait... would I become one of those fabled double cutie mark ponies? Da faq?

Edited by TooTsaka

Hmmmm... if I had a Cutie Mark... what do you guys think would be a good cutie mark for someone whose talent is helping people? Because I do enjoy doing that.

Otherwise, most likely a book, as I love doing research, about all sorts of things.

Same as my main OC's. FIRE AND LIGHTNING. Plus fairly modernized, because I personally hate a lot of things traditional when it comes to art and music (Not movies.).

It is an antenna with a schematic symbol for a crystal oscillator.

Needless to say I like radios.

• post-11285-0-23788600-1357311202_thumb.p

Here is what my OC looks like. Thanks Pony Creator, I can't draw my way out of a wet paper bag.

post-11285-0-03326000-1357311187_thumb.p

post-11285-0-03326000-1357311187_thumb.png

post-11285-0-23788600-1357311202_thumb.png

Hmm, I have a multitude of different interests. I think it'd be cool if my cutie mark were a Rubix Cube. I love solving puzzles and doing logic tricks, it definitely represents me.

• Brohoof 1

A computer processor. Why, you ask? Because I'm super smart. :D

Well smarter than other kids my age up to a certain degree. Also because I'm studying for a computer technician and computers will be my job one day.

Edited by PinkiePai

Probably a dictionary or something, since I find learning languages fairly easy and interesting. (English has been my second language for 10 years, German is my third but I've only been learning it for 4 months)