Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private All Alicorns Must Die! {Advanced} {Evil}

Gatekeeper Giggle

@

"Canon in my hoof, do you really think that will stop me from doing this?"

Assassin used her pistol to shoot inside Pinkie Pie's canon, escaping quickly. She then threw her knives at the guards who were trying to take down Obsidian Wing.

"I really think I'm stupid. I should never underestimate you Cadence. I'm just gonna.."

Assassin ran to one of the windows, crashing and getting out of the castle. She grabbed the ledge using her rope dart. Assassin began to climb to the top.

"If this won't work, I swear I will kill every pony."

Assassin entered Cadence's castle once more, avoiding detection. She was moving by waking jumping, hanging and walking right below the ceiling. She saw Cadence from top the top.

"There is a chance... But I guess I'll just wait for Obsidian Wing's action."

Assassin did nothing and watched Obsidian Wing. 

"Next is Cadence, then Obsidian Wing and I will have to deal with those 5 ponies." Assassin prepared her rope dart then aimed at Cadence

"Do anything stupid to Obsidian Wing and I will get my victory."

Assassin used her pistol to shoot inside Pinkie Pie's canon

At least, that’s what would have happened had Pinkie Pie not used her Pinkie sense to foresee the incoming projectile, and then fluidly move herself and her cannon out of harm’s way before Assassin’s gun ever even fired.

“You’re just a big bully! All you ever do is try to hurt other ponies! Well, I won’t let you hurt anypony else! This stops right now, you hear me! Right now!” Pinkie Pie shouted angrily.

Assassin’s daggers hit the guards. Although most of them clattered harmlessly off the guard’s armor, more than a few hit their mark, killing and injuring a few of the guards. Unfortunately, a few of the daggers also hit Obsidian Wing.

“Oh, and now you’re running away!? I don’t think so! You’re not going to get away from me!”

Pinkie Pie then doggedly pursued her prey, leaping and bouncing with all the same agile grace as the Assassin. She followed the assassin up to the rafters just below the ceiling, and then fired her party cannon at the assassin. Clouds of confetti surrounded Assassin, throwing off her aim. While Assassin was blinded by confetti Pinkie Pie moved in closer, preparing to land the final blow.

@

"That stupid... should have known. She's annoying."

Assassin raged so hard that she stood up right away and sliced Pinkie Pie's canon with her magic attached to her blade.

"Alright you're getting on my nerves now. That orange pony who kicked me, and now this, pink pony is trying to hurt me?! I will have my revenge."

Assassin grabbed Pinkie Pie and threw her at Twilight. Then she reloaded her pistol and shot at the ground near Pinkie Pie's hooves.

"Move another step and say bye bye to your parties. if thats what you do, I don't know."

Assassin thought,

"My plans are getting ruined by random ponies! I won't let this happen again. Rather then getting my plans destroyed and hurting myself.."

Assassin deactivated her hidden blades and pistols, walked up to Cadence, pushed off the guards with her full power then bowed at Cadence.

"Alright, I won't do any harm to you and won't do these kind of stuffs again. I obey you Princess Cadence. I'm acting or I'm honest, you choose. I'm done with the failures. Don't miss this chance 'Princess' Cadence."

Assassin then looked at Obsidian Wing with smile. 

Edited by Assassin

snapping his wings, he sends the guards flying. "who said i was making it even? that means our skill is even. all of you combined dont match my experience, how can you beat me? A few earth ponies and you think i am afraid? Pathetic," glaring at the princess, he laughs. A dark, evil laugh that seems to fill the room and send shivers up the ponies spines. "Seriously, I killed Celestia with out breaking a sweat. I passed through your barrier as if it didnt exist, and you still think I can be stopped. You have under estimated me you little fool. such a pity too, you didnt have to die now, but that fire unicorn just had to kill your husband and ruin my plans for a nice easy take over. of course it has to go that way, life isnt easy." spreading the massive wings, he extends his wing blades again, digging the claws of his hoof armor peices into the ground, he prepares for a massacre of the guards. 

"Assassin, I suggest we make an example out of ponyville after we finish here. Maybe if we kill every pony there, these fillies might learn thier lesson about standing against us."

Assassin raged so hard that she stood up right away and sliced Pinkie Pie's canon with her magic attached to her blade.

Assassin grabbed Pinkie Pie and threw her at Twilight. Then she reloaded her pistol and shot at the ground near Pinkie Pie's hooves.

At least, that’s what would have happened had Pinkie Pie not detected Assassin’s every movement before it ever even happened with her Pinkie Sense. Assassin couldn’t even touch the party pony, much less hurt her. While the Assassin fruitlessly tried to harm Pinkie Pie, she rained down blows upon the practically helpless Assassin.

<<>> 

Nightmare Moon flew around Cadence’s castle in the guise of Princess Luna. She had sensed several ponies make their way through her shield, and had come to investigate. She briefly considered descending down to the castle to aid cadence, but ultimately decided against it. She seemed to be doing fine on her own, after all.

<<>> 

Cadence laughed at Obsidian Wing’s advances.

“If you think you can take all of my guards, you’re more foolish then I thought. I have several hundreds here, all highly trained and well equipped. But even if I didn’t, you still wouldn’t kill me. I am the only one who can get around the mist surrounding Canterlot. Kill me, and you’ll never get the elements of harmony.”

The guards that Obsidian Wing had sent flying got up off the ground, and begin to surround him once more.

<<>> 

Twilight Sparkle stood next to the magic draining pit, deep in concentration. “Rainbow!” She whispered.

“Twilight! What’s going on?”

“I need you to protect me for a little bit! I think I can break this anti-magic field, but I can’t be disturbed while I do it!”

“You know you can always count on me, Twilight!”

Twilight only nodded in response, and then started her work.

<<>> 

Applejack carefully examined Fluttershy’s wounds. She gave an internal sigh of relief, they weren’t too bad. While still keeping a careful eye on the events occurring around her, she begin to very carefully carry Fluttershy out of the room.

<<>> 

Midnight Dancer peered into the pool of water depicting Obsidian Wing and the battle raging around him. The pegasus stood next to her, also viewing the contents of the pool.

“Did he just say he was going to kill everypony in Ponyville?” Midnight Dancer asked.

“That he did, Midnight. That he did.” The pegasus answered.

“And aren’t WE in Ponyville right now?”

“Indeed we are.”

“So what should we do about this?”

“For now, nothing. At the moment, it seems no more than an idle threat. Let’s keep watching before we make any snap decisions.”

"Alright, I won't do any harm to you and won't do these kind of stuffs again. I obey you Princess Cadence. I'm acting or I'm honest, you choose. I'm done with the failures. Don't miss this chance 'Princess' Cadence."

"I'm glad you finally came to your senses and decided to surrender. I really didn't want to hurt any of you! I'll speak to you personally once your compatriot also surrenders, or is subdued." Cadence signaled two of the guards in the room, and they trotted over to her. 

"Guards, take the Assassin into the next room! We don't want her getting hurt in the battle! The rest of you, concentrate on bringing down the the black pegusus! Remember, we need him alive!"

The ring of guards around Obsidian Wing increased as more guards came into the room to answer Cadence's calls. The ring of guards began to slowly tighten around Obsidian Wing...

<<>>

Applejack had finished carrying Fluttershy into another room, and they were both gone. Twilight was still concentrating intently on bringing down the anti-magic field, and rainbow dash was still protecting her, keeping a close eye on the struggle between Obsidian Wing and the guards. Pinkie Pie had shifted her attention away from Assassin and towards Obsidian Wing, and was now slowly approaching Obsidian Wing along with the guards.

Edited by Stormgiggle

"I know your kidding, right? I set up the anti magic field knowing it was a double edge sword. It is the only reason this castle is still standing. And again, Seriously you guards are loyal but Stupid." Stomping on the crystal, the anti magic field breaks apart. "You want to see my power so bad, fine. The power that earned me the position as the personal guardian of Celestia and allowed me to kill her, the power that leveled the everfree forest, that is what you will get." Snapping his wings out, he pins the guards and mane six to the walls with gusts of wind. "I have a deal for you princess. And trust me, I really don't want to offer you this. Your life is necessary to me, as is my goal, so I will end this fight, I will agree to work with you, if you can do three things for me. First, we each agree to a truce, I can not lie, part of a blessing given tome by an old ally that causes me to always tell the truth, second, get me onto canterlot and finally, help return nightmare moon to normal. Agree to this, and I will surrender." To himself, 'I really don't want to do this, but I cannot count on my power to keep me safe in there and nightmare moon wasn't even injured by a blast that leveled an entire forest, I need her help and I will have to keep me word."

No one in the room even thought of lowering their guard, but at the mention of a truce they stopped their advance on Obsidian Wing. Now that the anti-magic field was back on, the guard’s enchanted armor was fully functional once more, and protected them from the brunt of Obsidian’s gusts of wind. They shielded the Element Bearers with their bodies, protecting them from the wind.

“Oh? So now you want to negotiate, after you’ve killed several of my guards and injured one of Twilight’s friends? Not to mention the fact that just a few moments ago you were fully prepared to slaughter everypony here without any remorse what so ever. Forgive me if I doubt your goodwill.” Cadence scorned.

“But I suppose a truce would be ideal at this point in time, wouldn’t it? But before I’ll even consider one, I need to know what happened to my husband. If you killed him, I’ll never work with you. In fact, I’ll personally throw myself off the nearest cliffs just so you won’t be able to get the elements. Without those, whatever plans you may have had will no doubt be ruined.”

<<>> 

Nightmare Moon landed directly outside the entrance of the castle, still disguised as Princess Luna. But before she entered the castle, she cast a powerful spell on herself. If anypony tried to dispel her disguise, they’d receive a nasty surprise. Chuckling darkly to herself, Nightmare Moon entered the castle.

"ur guard, the fire using unicorn killed him. My alternate Personality was n control at that time. He had planned on tricking you into trusting us, but you forgot he even existed it seems and them the fiasco. He never wanted him dead. I will admit, it did not matter to me until I realized o would probably have to waste time because I did not think you would give us a chance.to speak. He turned into ash, with the excuse, he died guarding him. If you do not believe me, check y heart, your magic is love, magic of the heart. You should be able to tell if I am lying, or I assume so anyways. And something has entered the area, with the winds back at y command, I can feel something flying around us, heading here. I don't remember another pony being involved, unless she showed up. Then we have a small Problem. I do not have the strength to fight am equal pony after my last few fights. Cadence, if I am right, we are going to need you here." Releasing the gusts to fly free, he no longer holds the guards at the wall. Turned towards the door, he collects wind under his wings.

“You seem to forget that you have high magic resistance. Although I could break through it, it would take too long. In any event, I would like to see the scene of the crime myself. I want to see with my own eyes whether my husband is dead or not. We should also be able to determine whether you are telling the truth or if you are lying. As for your intruder, I’m sure the guards will be able to take care of it.”

“Now, we've wasted enough time as it is. Let’s go.” Cadence signaled to some nearby guards, and they followed her. Together, Cadence and her guards trotted towards the dungeon where Shining Armor had taken Obsidian Wing and Assassin. They clearly expected Obsidian Wing to follow them.

<<>> 

Rainbow Dash quickly trotted into the room where Applejack had taken Fluttershy. She saw that Applejack had placed Fluttershy on a pile of hay. Fluttershy’s wounds had been carefully bandaged, and she was now sleeping fitfully.

“Applejack! Is Fluttershy okay!?” Rainbow Dash whispered, not wanting to wake her.

“She’ll be just fine, Rainbow.”

Rainbow Dash gave a sigh of relief, and then Applejack continued speaking.

“Ah reckon the fight’s over with then?”

“Yeah. That evil black pegasus surrendered and then they made a truce! After all he’s done, a truce! We should have kept him in a dungeon to rot for a thousand years, not made a truce! It’s ridiculous!”

“The Princess knows what she’s doing, Rainbow. Somepony as treacherous as those two will only hold to a truce as long as it benefits them, and not a second longer; and ah reckon the Princess is well aware of that.”

<<>> 

Rarity slowly made her way back to the throne room now that the battle was over. She had escaped in the heat of battle, and hid herself until it was over. She felt bad about doing such a thing, but knew it was for the best. She would only be a liability in battle; her many strengths were of little use in combat.

<<>> 

Twilight Sparkle remained in the throne room. She was currently using her magic to heal the guards injured in the attack. Every so often she would glance at Obsidian Wing, as if expecting him to attack.

<<>>

Pinkie Pie was currently carefully watching over Assassin in the room next to the throne room. She was also eating a pie she had somehow obtained. 

Assassin flickered her hidden blade.

"Alright what to do now,, Obsidian Wing will somehow resist Cadence I bet. Also why's that pink pony keep on looking at me? I'll do exactly the same thing."

Assassin took a bread from her pocket and started to eat. Then she started to look at Pinkie Pie. She thought,

"Now let's think about what will happen next.. Obsidian Wing is doing nothing and I'm just eating like a fool. This place is terrible, if I try to escape they'll think that I lied. That pink pony is annoying as that orange pony who kicked me! I need to make sure she doesn't follow me around and do some creepy stuffs."

Assassin continued to look at Pinkie Pie while eating her food, she then talked to Pinkie Pie.

"See? I'm making peace right now and you should be happy. Look, I'm sorry for what I've done alright? We could be friends! I love parties too! I'm really aggressive and due to that, I don't have much friends."

Assassin made a sad face.

"Now let's get to know each other shall we? I'll start by asking you a simple question. What is your name?"

Following after the guards, he shakes his head slowly. "Don't take this wrong, but magic resistance doesn't affect most of my tactics. In fact, the only one who would make it if I were to go at it again, for say, one if your guards pulls a traitor move, cadence is the only one I have any doubts about beating easily. But, Let's be cheerful and optimistic, shall we? I really don't feel like shedding blood." The large silvery Pegasus says, the light casting rainbow reflections on the walls. "Now cadence, how did you manage forget me of all ponies? I am curious about that, but then with everything going on, I can kind of understand the end result of our conversation. But, I want my Assassin friend safe, I have seen some of the things that pink pony does, I don't know how she does it, but I really don't like not knowing something and it makes me nervous with my friends in her custody. But, she is an element which means she should be safe and it was me who wreaked havoc there. By the way, I am the saner version, Mirror Wing." Pointing to a pile of ash with the armored clawed hoof, he indicates the location. "I had a lot of respect for him, a normal pony, not an abominable like me, making other in the guard as a leader. I got my position and you see what I became, the that other pony, well I don't know why you would kill yourself after a set up without making a scene for other to work." Looking genuinely sad, he watches the group.

(Changed halfway through first part of post)

Pinkie Pie just stared at Assassin, frowning and continuing to eat her pie. After a time, she finally spoke, and her smile returned.

“I guess even the meanest of meanies deserves a second chance. Hi, my name’s Pinkie Pie! What’s yours?”

<<>> 

Nightmare Moon, still disguised as Princess Luna, sauntered into the throne room. The guards gasped at her arrival, as they had been told she was dead. Their surprise was short lived, and was quickly replaced by cheering and happy grins. Nightmare Moon barely seemed to notice; her attention was focused solely on Twilight.

“Forgive me, Twilight, for not coming sooner. I was rather far away when I sensed that somepony had come through my force field. I’m glad you were here to help Cadence. Speaking of her, do you know where she is? Time is of the essence, and I must speak with her.”

“She’s in the dungeon, Princess Luna, talking with one of the attackers.”

“I suppose it would be best not to bother her, then. While we wait, why don’t you tell me what occurred since we parted?”

“Of course Princess!”

<<>> 

Cadence listened to Mirror Wing’s chatter intently as they made their way down into the dungeon.

“I’m not at all surprised I’ve never heard of you. If you’re as old as you claim to be, then you served under Celestia before my time. Celestia would have struck you from the record when you betrayed her. There’s no possible way I could have heard of you.”

They continued down the long staircase leading down to the dungeon, talking all the while.

“Your assassin friend will not be harmed, I assure you. Pinkie Pie isn’t a killer, unlike you and your friend.” Cadence said this with no anger or bitterness, despite her words.

They reached the entrance into the dungeon, and Cadence promptly pushed through the doorway and into the room. Her guards followed her. There was still a large hole in the ceiling from where Obsidian Wing punched a hole in it. Rubble was scattered about the room, and had ruined the once lavish furnishings. Shining Armor’s corpse still laid in the center of the room, underneath a now cooled pool of blood. A large pile of ash covered a sizeable portion of the room.

Cadence quickly examined the body of her husband. A single tear rolled down her cheek; she was clearly holding her emotions in check.

“Telling by these cuts, it seems he was killed by your friend’s blades. Which is puzzling. He would have most certainly had them confiscated them before he even entered the room, and he certainly would have not been foolish enough to bring them into the room with him. Which means someone else must have brought the blades into the room.” Cadence looked at the pile of ashes accusingly.

As if on cue, the ashes exploded in fiery light. The blazing ashes rose from the floor and recombined to form Brave Blaze, alive and whole once more. He looked around blearily before his eyes settled on Cadence.

“My princess! I’m so happy you’re alive and well!” Brave Blaze exclaimed.

Then he saw Obsidian Wing.

“Princess! It was him! Him and his friend! They killed Captain Armor! THEY KILLED YOUR HUSBAND!”

“I think not, traitor” Cadence said coldly.

“You would believe their word over mine!? I am loyal member of the royal guard! He is the traitor, not me!”

“Do you believe me so blind, Blaze? Do you honestly think I don’t know the secret behind your sudden revival? When you killed Philomena, and ate her heart, did you honestly think you were serving the best interests of the kingdom the whole time? When you stabbed by husband in the back, were you serving the kingdom then too?”

“I did it all for you, Princess! ALL FOR YOU!”

“It seems you did. If I had seen you for the complete sociopath you are sooner, perhaps Shining Armor would still be alive. There is only one punishment harsh enough for the likes of you.”

Cadence quickly turned around to face Obsidian Wing.

“I leave his fate in your hands. Do with him as you wish. Take as long as you need to. The revival spell only works once, so you don’t have to worry about that. When you’re done, come back up to the throne room. We have much to discuss.”

With that, Cadence and her guards left the room.

"very well maam." Smiling, he canines showing he stares at Brave Blaze. (Because evil ponies have fangs apparently.) "Somepony has caused me problems, and killed a pony i respected, and now he is all mine? Is it my Birthday?" The silvery Pegasus had given way back to Obsidian, a storm circling the room, shaking the castle. "So, you ate a heart of a pheonix? What an idiot, of course, now i see why Celestia was so upset about her bird." A bolt of lightning blasts at the firey unicorn. "Ha ha, this will be fun, but make sure you fight back though, I want to have some fun here, I will not be not be getting my original prey because of you." Kicking him, electricity running along his wings. "I may have to keep my word, but I hate losing to somepony like you. If it had been Shining Armor, or an element, I could have accepted it, but no, it was you, a puny little fool. I value a donkey more than you, but now I can kill you as slow and painfully as I like, then me and Cadence are going to have a little talk to see what is going to happen from here. Too bad youll miss Canterlot, I hear its nice when the skies are clear."

"Assassin. Don't think me wrong ok but I'm getting really tired and bored. I want to do SOMETHING. Don't worry I won't do anything mean ok? You can follow me if you don't trust me. "

Assassin threw rest of her bread at Pinkie Pie's face then stood up. She went out to look around the castle. She climbed to move around.

"Much better then Celestia's castle."

Assassin saw Obsidian Wing and Cadence leaving. She also saw Blaze. 

"There we go. Pony that I hate."

Assassin performed her air assassinate without her blades. She landed on Blaze.

"Why why, hello there. Failed your plan, how do you feel? And hello there Obsidian Wing. How are you doing right now?"

Assassin activated her hidden blade

"I could just say bye bye to you Blaze, but I won't. I'm not a monster like you."

Assassin deactivated her hidden blade.

"Obsidian Wing, what will you do with him? He's pretty annoying I tell you.. I really hope Pinkie Pie sees this pony, I want to look at her reaction. Whatever, enjoy yourself Obsidian Wing. Make him pay."

Assassin went next to Obsidian Wing, watching him dealing with Blaze. 

Pinkie pie sensed the half eaten loaf of bread coming, and dodged it, giving Assassin the split second she needed to escape Pinkie Pie’s care.

“No wait! Stop!” Pinkie Pie shouted as she gave chase, but she was no match for the speed of the determined assassin.

The Assassin leaped through the hole in the floor of the throne room, jumping all the way down to the dungeon where Brave Blaze and Obsidian Wing were located. She landed directly on top of the Pyromancer.

Obsidian Wing seemed surprised to see her, but Brave Blaze wasn’t. Years of guard training had honed his reflexes to be lightning quick. The very second the assassin landed on him, a firestorm erupted from his horn, enveloping the room in magical fire. Obsidian Wing wasn’t harmed by the fire thanks to his magic resistance, and Brave Blaze easily channeled the flames away from his body, preventing them from harming him. But Assassin wasn’t so lucky. Once the fire died, all that was left of Assassin was a couple of charred bones.

Brave Blaze begin giggling madly to himself. It echoed through the now otherwise silent room.

Edited by Stormgiggle

"Not smart. A magical flame does nothing but annoy me for Seeing something fail so miserably. On top of that, you managed to kill my ally? Really, what a fool you are. Now you are going to have to die soon. This building is not going to survive much more of these powerful abilities slamming around in it." The building, it's supports starting to crack from the stress, is not what Obsidian is concerned about. "You managed to screw me over twice. No pony has ever managed to do it once and live, yet you had enough fight in you to manage that. Impressive. But, not impression enough to make me spare your life you miserable foal." The winds howling around the castle suddenly become Very still.as Obsidian Wing prepares to finish this fight, and achieve his goal. "I have always wondered what hell looks like, let me know when I see you again."Grabbing the fused messed of bones and metal, the winds suddenly start flying towards Obsidian with a sound like a banshee, ripping the skin from Braves bones, the blood splitting into particles so small they can't be seen. "Bye, and now I have a meeting with the princess."

Edited by Tyranosuarus in F18s

• 3 weeks later...

The magical wind quickly disintegrated Brave Blaze, leaving absolutely no trace of the former guard captain. All was quiet for a few seconds, and then hoof steps could be heard coming down the stairs.  The door behind Obsidian crashed open with a loud bang, and a confused Cadence burst into the room.

“What in Equestria happened!? I saw somepony jump into this room, and…”Cadence’s question quickly became rhetorical as she saw the charred bones of Assassin on the floor. “Oh. That was the unicorn that traveled with you, wasn’t it? She may have been a hardened criminal, but even she didn't deserve such a fate.  If you need a moment to mourn I understand, but please hurry. The castle is about to collapse; I’ve already evacuated the guards. Once you’re done here, please meet us outside. Princess Luna survived, and she would like to speak to all of us.”

Now that she had finished speaking, Cadence quickly flapped her wings and took off through the hole in the ceiling. The hole was now large enough to allow her passage, and was slowly getting larger… 

"Tucking away the bones of his ally after cadence leaves, turns to where, moments before stood the flame using pony. 'You fool. You sad pitiful fool. You have died. And now I have to deal with things that I really could have used my assassin friend alive."

Flying up the widening hole in the ceiling, his wing tips catch on the ceiling, sending more of it crumbling down. "Damn, I hope that wasn't my fault. I tried not to destroy everything this time." Checking each floor for the princesses, he spots them, the blue of Luna as obvious to him as the evil she is hiding. Landing with a crash of lightning, he stands ready to fight if it comes down to it. "Well, Luna, or should I say Nightmare Moon? Do remember you and I have a common trait." The dark winged Pegasus shifts over to his silver winged self. "Right now I can use the form, but his mind is hiding. I would hope it doesn't show up. He is even angrier with you than me. And I killed your sister. Now I want to know, why are you here? I know it isn't good will, or I would be extremely surprised if so."

Everypony was surprised at Obsidian Wing's accusations. They looked at both Obsidian Wing and Nightmare Moon closely, wondering how Luna would react to these serious allegations. Bur Nightmare Moon, still disguised as Princess Luna, simply laughed them off.

"Nightmare Moon? Surely you jest! The elements of Harmony destroyed Nightmare Moon, and freed me from her dark influence. It was Twilight and her friends that saved me from the Nightmare using the elements, if you refuse to believe me, then feel free to ask them about what occurred."

Nightmare Moon then laughed again, and this time everypony laughed with her. Whatever brief spark of suspicion Obsidian Wing had kindled was now gone. 

"But enough ancient history, we have more pressing matters to discuss! I have some troubling news to reveal. At first I believed I was too weak to raise the sun, but now I have looked further into the matter, and have discovered a startling truth: Somepony, or something, is actively blocking me from raising the sun. I fear that the only solution may be to use the Elements of Harmony to resolve the problem. Cadence, I sent Twilight and her friends to you knowing that you would be key to dissipating the deadly mist. Have you told them about its true nature yet?"

"No. I had not yet gotten the chance. Long ago, there was a very powerful rival of Starswirl the Bearded. She was envious of Starswirl's success, as she believed herself the better practitioner of magic. Hoping to prove this to everypony in Canterlot, she spent many years designing a spell that would safeguard Canterlot from any and all attacks. The spell was truly ingenious, it was designed to trap any intruders that entered Canterlot in a never ending maze of mist. What's more, she somehow managed to make the spell wholly immune to unicorn, pegusus, and earth pony magic. Only Alicorn magic had any effect on the magic, and even then it would have taken the power of several Alicorns to fully nullify the spell. But when she finally finished her great work, she discovered that she wasn't powerful enough to cast her own spell. Naturally this infuriated her, but when her lifelong rival Starswirl offered to cast the spell for her, it sent her over the edge. She did something very foolish: she summoned forth Ether, the daemon lord of magic. She asked him to make her powerful enough to cast the spell, and he agreed. But when the spell was cast, the demonic energy given to her by Ether twisted the spell into one of destruction. Instead of protecting Canterlot, the spell sought to kill everypony inside the city. Celestia alone could not fully defeat the spell, but she was able to contain it. But with her death, it has once more returned to the city."

Everypony carefully considered the words spoken by both Luna and Cadence.

"Well, since we now have two princesses on our side, we should be able to break the spell easily, right?" Twilight theorized.

"Not quite. As part of the spell's defensive magic, it will summon daemons from Tartarus to stop us from breaking the spell. We will be too busy trying to nullify the spell to fend off the daemons. When Celestia nullified the spell the first time, she had to rely on the royal guard to protect her."

Cadence then looked at Obsidian Wing. 

"But this time, it will be your job to protect us from the daemons. It is much too risky to let Twilight and her friends try to do this, and last time most of the royal guards laid down their lives defending Celestia from the daemons. We cannot let that happen again. You should be powerful enough to defeat the daemons, but remember, should you let them kill us the Elements of Harmony will remain forever trapped in Canterlot. As will you, most likely."

Nightmare Moon then interrupted Cadence. "I do have some rather happy news. I wanted to wait til the end of our discussion, as I did not want this wondrous news to be spoiled by somber discourse. Celestia... Is alive."

Everypony gasped, and their shock was quickly replaced by joy and relief. They all began to talk at once, but Nightmare Moon cut them off. "I found her in a deep coma inside Canterlot, nearly dead from blood loss and exhaustion, but still alive. Unfortunately, she has lost all her magic, but I believe it will return to her in time."

"Can we go see her!?" exclaimed Twilight.

"Yes. She is currently hiding in Ponyville. We will make a quick stop there to visit her before we head to Canterlot."

"This is wonderful news! Somepony, inform the guards!" Cadence cheered. But almost as soon as she said those words, a serious expression returned to her face. "But there will be no time for a proper celebration. We've wasted enough time as it is, we will head to Ponyville within the hour. I want everypony prepared for a quick march immediately."

"The elements destroyed you. Then why do ponies like me exist? Luna, since you seem to want to hide, even though as Nightmare Moon you managed to beat me. As for celestia living, I would love to see that so I can kill her again for nit killing you a thousand years ago. But, I killed her, so if she lives, then you brought her back. I can't wait to kill her again if so." Turning to Cadence he speaks. "My deal is with you Cadence, not with anypony I have already killed, or with that one. You have no chance of surviving that mist with out me, and I don't feel like dying. And, How can I trust you to nit kill me as soon as you dispell through mist, or even use it against me? I know exactly How, of course none of you will like it." He points a wing to twilight. "She stays with me, or at an undisclosed location. If something happens to me, then she will pay for it. Then, once we are through, I want two things, those, you don't get yo know yet." The dark Pegasus folds up his wings. "I will help you if you agree to that, and a charge to my armor since somepony stole the horn I had put in my armor." He says, staring at Nightmare Moon.

Cadence glared at Obsidian Wing.

"Under no circumstances will I allow you to take anypony here hostage! I am also rather surprised that you can say you don't trust me with a straight face, when I am the one risking everything by trusting you. I have given you no cause to mistrust me, while only hours ago you were trying your very best to kill me. I'll have you know the only reason we are even having this conversation is because Celestia is still alive. So if I were you, I would not try my patience with these ridiculous demands. I am attempting to give you a chance at redemption. If you help us without any demands or treachery, I am prepared to give you a full pardon for your crimes. But if you insist on extorting us, then I too will make demands."

Nightmare Moon then added her own voice to the conversation

"Know also that while your aid would be greatly beneficial, it is by no means strictly necessary. The royal guard could protect us from the daemons, but innumerable guards would die in the process. Your help would save the lives of many. I support Cadence's decision to pardon you, but you must first show us that you are worthy of such a honor."

<<>>

The pegusus looked up from the pool of water displaying Obsidian Wing when Midnight Dancer walked into the room. 

"Have you confirmed it? Is Celestia hiding in town?" he asked.

"Yep. Our spies have found her living in Fluttershy's shack. But how is this possible!? We saw Celestia die ourselves!"

"I don't know, but I'll bet that Nightmare Moon has something to do with this. She has both the motive and the means."

"Should we re-assassinate her? Nightmare Moon herself said that she is without magic. She should be an easy target."

"No. I highly doubt Nightmare Moon told the truth about that. We should assume Celestia is as dangerous as ever. I think it best to remain in the shadows until our friend Obsidian Wing gets here. He'll need our aid if he's going to destroy the Princesses once and for all."

"Now cadence, you I can sort of trust. As for our friend Luna, or more actually Nightmare Moon, not that you believe me, I have no faith in her. And sure bring your guards. Then you have a mist that wants to kill you, a ton of demons that want to eat you and me, who will gladly use that against you. And I was in that mist, trust me, I highly doubt the puny enchantments on their armor can withstand the power of that." He says smiling. Flapping his wings once he sends a few gusts around. "My power will be useful and I will make sure the guards never make it inside Canterlot. That doesn't mean I will hurt them, just impede their movement. And Luna, if celestia is alive, then all I could even be charged with is assault. Oh and cadence, that wasn't my very best. I never intended to kill you. My assassin friend wanted that honor and I was more than happy to let her. Look at it this way, I leveled the entire everfree forest. It's gone. I did it in a single attack. Do you think I am afraid of not being pardoned? Or that your guards are stronger? I turned the captain of the royal guard to dust. A pony who killed your husband. But, you see, you said only an alicorn could affect it. Too prove you wrong Luna, if one of you were to charge my alicorn armor, I would become quite necessary."

Cadence glared at Obsidian, carefully considering his words. 

"You misunderstand. The guards will never need to go anywhere near the mist, all they would need to do is protect us while we nullify the spell. We don't need to be inside the mist as we dispel it, after all. I also don't understand why you would try to stop us from retrieving the Elements of Harmony over something as petty as refusing to agree to your terms. Don't you understand how much is at stake here? But if I must, then I will agree to charging this armor of yours, but I will not accept your two terms that you refuse to tell me. How can you expect me to agree to to them when you won't even tell me what they are?"

Luna then weighed in on the matter.

"Seeing as you are a former guard, I find your lack of lack of knowledge on the subject of law surprising. By attacking Princess Celestia, you have committed attempted murder, and high treason. The most lenient punishment for this crime is banishment from Equestria. You are very much in need of a pardon. And as for your trivial remarks regarding your strength, it hardly matters at this point. If you were to kill us now, the Elements of Harmony would remain trapped forever in Canterlot, and the sun would never rise again."

Suddenly, with a great rumbling, the entire castle finally collapsed behind them. An enormous plume of dust erupted into the air, and rubble was sent flying in all directions. Jolted out of the conversation with Obsidian thanks to the unexpected noise, Cadence looked around wildly. She saw that the entire army, and Twilight's friends, were all ready to march to Ponyville, and that they all were waiting on Cadence and Luna.

"We don't have time for all this pointless arguing! I need your answer now! Will you help us or not?" 

Smiling the dark Pegasus had gotten what he truly needed. "I don't need a pardon because after this, I am going to kill that abomination you created Luna, then take ponyville as my own. The two extra conditions were simple, bring my friend back and leave me to my own odds and ends after this. You see once this is over, I still have a job to do."

Taking the helm from his bag, he places the artificial horn back in it's socket. "Go ahead Cadence, just zap my armor full of your magic." He says, placing the helm on and completing the armor. 'Soon, I will prove to you who Luna really is, and then you can kill her for me Cadence. Although I would prefer she killed you and then I take down the weakened Nightmare Moon, but that is after through elements.' He thinks.

"As for am I helping? Why are we still standing here? And if I choose to send the guards in, they would be powerless to my winds." He says, realizing they thought his threat was empty. Turing to Luna, he smiles. "As far as the law, I .an embodiment of pure hatred and violence. I don't need to know the law. Mirror Wing knew the law, but he is slowly fading away."

Cadence seemed lost in thought, carefully considering the course of action she should take. After a few moments her face seemed to harden into a look of grim determination. And then she smiled. It certainly wasn't a nice smile, more than anything it resembled a smug grimace. 

" Very well. If I'm to charge this armor of yours, I need you to remain perfectly still. We most certainly wouldn't want something bad to happen to you, would we?"

Cadence's horn glowed with a bright light as she sent a steady trickle of power into the armor. After a few minutes of this, Cadence stopped the flow of power.

"That should be enough. Although I regret to inform you that for the most part I only have healing, defensive, and love magic; which are hardly skills useful to the embodiment of pure hatred and violence. Also, I agree to your other two terms. What you do with the remains of your minion is none of my business, and you will of course be free to do as you please after you are pardoned, so long as you do not interfere with Equestria in any way. If I were you I would leave the lands of Equestria altogether after this is done, but of course the choice to do so remains with you."

Cadence then signaled the royal guard to begin the long march to Ponyville.