Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private All Alicorns Must Die! {Advanced} {Evil}

Gatekeeper Giggle

"Like I said, stock up on supplies." Grabbing a few crystals off of some shelves, he runs over to a bookshelf. "This place is in the void. It is the only safe place. Upon seeing that crystal, you would have normally been sent to the void realm. But, because I was holding you, you were allowed passage. Anyways, this place is stocked up with items for different situations. Such as this one." Skimming through a massive book, he exclaims happily, "Found them. Why does he have to be so ocd about everything. Are all unicorns like that? Anyways. My armor has a set of Wing blades built in, but I had a special pair crafted, actually Mirror Wing did, but they were calked storm cutters. They aren't as effective against enemies, but they can cleave right through a storm. You just have to follow me right on my tail. Also, that eagle vision isn't a bad idea. It should work, only problem is, that pesky shadow pony. Now as for getting out of here, an alicorn is immune to the crystals magic, but they cannot gain passage. So Nightmare Moon could wait just outside for us. THAT is why I have these crystals. They use void based magic to damage or confused an enemy. Problem is, I can't tell them apart. Only the pony who made them can. Now, I noticed something about that shadow pony. It should have dawned on me before. Shadows don't appear if there is too much light, but they also can't appear in a complete lack of light. So anywhere Nightmare Moon is, there is a good chance there will be absolutely no light. Which means our new friend is useless." He says, smiling.

"Supplies I have, weapons I have, its enough. I need no more. Eagle vision is a GREAT idea. Now, lets get on with it shall we? That shadow pony, I will kill her. She is a bit annoying. It would be great if she joined us but.. since that pony is working with the others... guess we have no choice. Really great items you have there Obsidian Wing. I don't care if Nightmare moon is waiting outside for us, I just need to be sneaky. You can follow right behind me mate."

Assassin leaves.

Assassin crouches, moving slowly, looking around to make sure that Nightmare moon can't see her. After she arrived at Ponyville, she climbed the highest building in ponyville. She activates her eagle vision. She sees bunch of golden footsteps and smell.

"Why why I knew Twilight and her friends are bad."

Assassin tracks Twilight and her friends down.

"Finally I get to use my blades. Shadow WILL DIE by my hand. Now Obsidian Wing needs to capture those 6 ponies."

After few hours, Assassin watches Twilight, Shadow, and rest of the ponies from distance.

"This is not a good time to strike. I will have to wait Obsidian Wing." 

"She should have been patient. Oh well, she will probably survive. After all, she is supposed to take down Cadence. If she dies now, I will be quite ashamed of her. Anyways, it took a few hours, but the blades are finally connected." After finishing the blades, he straps his armor on. "It is time to go. The ponies will fear me, or they will rejoice at a new supposed alicorn. It does not matter to me. The shadow pony will die, but first I must talk to somepony. Stepping out of the safe house, he calls out to Nightmare Moon. "I know you can hear me. You always loved to haunt this forest. I have a deal for you. You know I killed Celestia, so you know I am strong. An alliance would be a good idea. I would hate to kill a pony who could bring so much to the new Equestria. I am quite sure I can convince Assassin to agree with me, so please. Come here and talk. Let's be pleasant to each other. You know where this place is, what it is, so you know I am armed to deal with you if you should attack. So, will you talk. Even a temporary alliance for now would be accepted. But, I know you want Canterlot, and I know you want eternal night. I have no opposition to either. You probably already know my main goals, one of which has been completed. This is the only time I will offer you this."

@@Midnight Shadow

Twilight and friends glanced at each other before answering.

“Well not all of us can fly, which means we can’t fly over without splitting up, which would be a bad idea.” Rainbow Dash explained

“We can’t teleport either, because we’ve never been here before. I’m afraid we’ll have to go directly through the force field. Step back everypony.”

Twilight’s horn began to glow as she magically examined the force field.

“Hmm, this force field was definitely created by princess Luna. It has her magical signature all over it; she was probably trying to protect Cadence. I can’t bring it down all the way, but I can make us a small hole to trot through.”

Twilight’s horn shined a bit brighter, and sure enough, a small gap appeared in the barrier. Twilight and friends then carefully made their way down the path towards the castle until they came across the bridge. None of the shadows moved.

“Careful, gang. Mothball said the bridge could be trapped, and I’m inclined to believe her. Whatever you do, don’t step on those new bricks!”

They cautiously made their way across the bridge, avoiding all the potentially dangerous bricks. They made it across without any trouble. They made it the rest of the way to the castle without incident.

“Twi, Ah don’t like the look of that there castle. It’s too quiet.” Applejack commented.

Indeed it was. No lights were on in the windows, and no guards patrolled the walls. The draw bridge was down, so that anypony could just walk in. A deathly silence hung about the whole castle.

<<>> 

“Open this gate up at once!” demanded the army commander.

“I’m sorry madam, but there aren’t any gates here.” The pegasus yelled back.

The pegasus stood atop a large gate house. Surrounding Ponyville was a deep trench, filled with sharpened wooden stakes. Directly behind the trench was a steep earthen wall; and a few feet behind the earthen wall was a very tall palisade, the top of which had been sharpened to razor points. The palisade was frequented by wooden guard towers, each of which had a ballista atop it. Ponyville itself had been similarly fortified. All of the buildings had their windows boarded up and their doors reinforced.

Nightmare Moon’s army surrounded Ponyville but their commander knew she couldn’t take Ponyville without severe casualties. She was hoping they could intimidate them into surrendering peacefully.

“Open this gate right now, or we’ll break it down!”

“Oh, you mean this? No, this is a portcullis, not a simple gate! But I can understand how one such as you couldn’t tell the difference.” The pegasus mocked.

“If you don’t open this gate, we’ll surround your town and starve you out!”

“Ha! That’s rich! Ponyville is a major agricultural center! We’ve got food to spare. Unlike you, I might add. An army marches on its stomach; without nourishment you’ll eventually be forced to leave or you’ll starve!” the pegasus grinned smugly.

That pegasus was wrong, they had food enough to see this to its bloody conclusion. Once reinforcements arrived, this town would be theirs.

<<>> 

@

Nightmare Moon glared hatefully at Obsidian Wing as she materialized in front of him. Her mane swirled around her, completely covering her in a cloak of stars.

“Do you honestly think I would ally myself with the one who killed my sister!? She may have been a fool, but she didn’t deserve to die! I would have kept her imprisoned, but alive!

Her glare changed into an evil smile, and she laughed at him.

“But she wasn’t half the fool you are. It was a mistake for you and that assassin to split up. You aren’t strong enough to defeat me yourself, which leaves me free to take my revenge!”

With that, Nightmare Moon yelled a battle cry and hurled several bolts of shadow at Obsidian. Meanwhile a shadowy darkness slowly seeped over the ground, surrounding the area in which they fought. 

"Wrong. Assassin is not strong enough to defeat you. I am plenty strong enough to win. Especially in this armor. You should recognize it. I had it modeled after yours. I figured if a pony saw this dark armor, they would be petrified in fear. But,.one thing I changed. I made this armor with an interchangeable horn. Your sister had to die, so that ponies could enjoy true freedom. Even if Discord betrays us, there is enough power here to deal with him. It would kill me most likely, but it would be dealt with. And we both know, he is far stronger than even both you sisters combined. Do remember, your magic is neither harmony nor chaos. I can deflect it quite well. I have a way to take you down once and for all, and with it, the legends will be remembered. The pegasi who feared y power, who told it as mere folk tales, they will all remember the names of Mirror Wing and Obsidian Wing. The same move that I used to defeat Sombras army, in one strike." His wings gently shift to a Mirror.like state, while his eyes and coat remain unchanged. "Yes, to use this technique, I require his wings, but that is easily enough dealt with, especially after you drove him insane. He can no longer fight me. Thank you for that." The horn on his armor starts to glow brightly with the effort being forced into it. "Tell me, did you ever expect to see a ray of sunshine again? Unfortunately, all it takes is one." A single ray of light appears over the horizon. The light, caught in his feathers, is magnified onto each one by the rest. "Now do you see, it takes a lot of effort, and I probably won't be able to use this aborigine quite qla while after this, but I can still use the Solar Flare." Flying up, he has entered his Solar Flare state. "Prepare to die."

@

Nightmare Moon just laughed. Her horn glowed, and the ray of sunlight died. It was replaced with a Darkness so unfathomably black that no light could even hope to exist within its confines. Obsidian Wing couldn’t see, hear, smell, or sense anything anymore.

“I had hoped to play around a little, but if you really want to rush things then so be it. Go ahead, use your little trick; you’ll never get to use it again. There will be no more sunlight ever again. And did you honestly think Celestia’s magic would help you? You forget that I have known her for thousands of years, I can easily counter every single one of her spells.”

Nightmare Moon laughed even harder. The sound seemed to come from all directions at once.

“But none of that really matters! Every second my beautiful eternal night remains, I grow stronger. I have already grown strong enough crush you easily. Even if you were more powerful than me, you would still lose. Because I’m not really here. I never was! And I never will be! I can cast these spells from miles away, far beyond your reach. You never stood a chance. Now die!”

The darkness around Obsidian began to slowly crush him. 

"Heh, you messed up. I only needed a single ray for a single second. Your magic will not affect my ability. You see, it is a part of me, and your magic doesn't stop stop me. I will shatter this darkness, and I will kill you. I had planned on staying in this state for a while, but you ruined that." Creating a small burst of energy, the most magic he can currently manage, he buts himself a second. "This is the Solar Flare. I have charged it stronger than ever, who knows if the forest will even survive after this?" He says, as he flies straight down, the resulting sonic rainboom doing nothing's in the dark. "I hope you feel this, because everypony will know my power after this." Crashing into the ground, he sends all the energy in his wings Flying, the massive burst of sunlight destroying massive portions of the forest. As the sunlight spreads, he watches for Nightmare Moon. "Damn, I won't be seeing for a while though. Even if that got her, the light was bright enough to temporarily blood me. Stupid pony." Standing up, he shakily listens around. "Where are you? You are like me, you fight where you can directly see the events. I know you will have felt that, so will everypony." The explosion could be seen and heard, all the way by Cadence. (For real, gonna go to bed now, that post got me right before I logged out.)

@@Midnight Shadow

Twilight and friends glanced at each other before answering.

“Well not all of us can fly, which means we can’t fly over without splitting up, which would be a bad idea.” Rainbow Dash explained

“We can’t teleport either, because we’ve never been here before. I’m afraid we’ll have to go directly through the force field. Step back everypony.”

Twilight’s horn began to glow as she magically examined the force field.

“Hmm, this force field was definitely created by princess Luna. It has her magical signature all over it; she was probably trying to protect Cadence. I can’t bring it down all the way, but I can make us a small hole to trot through.”

Twilight’s horn shined a bit brighter, and sure enough, a small gap appeared in the barrier. Twilight and friends then carefully made their way down the path towards the castle until they came across the bridge. None of the shadows moved.

“Careful, gang. Mothball said the bridge could be trapped, and I’m inclined to believe her. Whatever you do, don’t step on those new bricks!”

They cautiously made their way across the bridge, avoiding all the potentially dangerous bricks. They made it across without any trouble. They made it the rest of the way to the castle without incident.

“Twi, Ah don’t like the look of that there castle. It’s too quiet.” Applejack commented.

Indeed it was. No lights were on in the windows, and no guards patrolled the walls. The draw bridge was down, so that anypony could just walk in. A deathly silence hung about the whole castle.

<<>> 

“Open this gate up at once!” demanded the army commander.

“I’m sorry madam, but there aren’t any gates here.” The pegasus yelled back.

The pegasus stood atop a large gate house. Surrounding Ponyville was a deep trench, filled with sharpened wooden stakes. Directly behind the trench was a steep earthen wall; and a few feet behind the earthen wall was a very tall palisade, the top of which had been sharpened to razor points. The palisade was frequented by wooden guard towers, each of which had a ballista atop it. Ponyville itself had been similarly fortified. All of the buildings had their windows boarded up and their doors reinforced.

Nightmare Moon’s army surrounded Ponyville but their commander knew she couldn’t take Ponyville without severe casualties. She was hoping they could intimidate them into surrendering peacefully.

“Open this gate right now, or we’ll break it down!”

“Oh, you mean this? No, this is a portcullis, not a simple gate! But I can understand how one such as you couldn’t tell the difference.” The pegasus mocked.

“If you don’t open this gate, we’ll surround your town and starve you out!”

“Ha! That’s rich! Ponyville is a major agricultural center! We’ve got food to spare. Unlike you, I might add. An army marches on its stomach; without nourishment you’ll eventually be forced to leave or you’ll starve!” the pegasus grinned smugly.

That pegasus was wrong, they had food enough to see this to its bloody conclusion. Once reinforcements arrived, this town would be theirs.

<<>> 

@

Nightmare Moon glared hatefully at Obsidian Wing as she materialized in front of him. Her mane swirled around her, completely covering her in a cloak of stars.

“Do you honestly think I would ally myself with the one who killed my sister!? She may have been a fool, but she didn’t deserve to die! I would have kept her imprisoned, but alive!

Her glare changed into an evil smile, and she laughed at him.

“But she wasn’t half the fool you are. It was a mistake for you and that assassin to split up. You aren’t strong enough to defeat me yourself, which leaves me free to take my revenge!”

With that, Nightmare Moon yelled a battle cry and hurled several bolts of shadow at Obsidian. Meanwhile a shadowy darkness slowly seeped over the ground, surrounding the area in which they fought. 

Midnight Shadow followed them over the bridge carefully not going near any traps, then she glanced at the castle with the others narrowing her eyes at it. Since she was inside the shield she could detect everything in the castle, she frowned slightly confused. "either some-pony's protecting everyone in the castle or its deserted" she finished glancing at Twilight. "also i got a very strange feeling" she added before glancing up to the sky. She saw a sudden flash of light appear over towards the evergreen forest "something is defiantly wrong" she finished.

Midnight Shadow then glanced at the others "wait here" she ordered before walking into the castle, she stepped up until the first shadow and stopped instantly, it looked slightly off, she moved her hoof near it causing it to twitch and move. The shadows were moving causing her to back away quickly, the shadows should never move even if she was near them.. She ran back to Twilight "It's a trap, we can't go in there" she explained glancing at the castle again. "either we are too late or another shadow pony is here, i do hate other shadow ponies" she remarked smiling at Twilight Sparkle.

Mothball then glanced at them "be back in a second, don't move" she told them, she opened a small strange looking portal and stepped though it which disappeared after her. 

*Twilight Realm*

Midnight Shadow stepped though the portal and looked around, everything was off about the castle now, the shadow world helped her see it, the castle had been edited, just ever so slightly, however just enough for her to notice, she got rather narked that some-pony would mess with her plans in such a silly way. She opened another portal back up and stepped though back to the Equestrian World. 

*Equestrian World*

Mothball popped out of the portal and looked at the ponies smiling at their shocked expressions, "the castle is out of phase, so we are not going their, anywhere else you want to go instead?, maybe go to another castle?, one that's not going to kill or trap us all?" she asked blinking at them. She sat down nibbling on her hoof thoughtfully. She did like these ponies after all. 

(castle can be owned by a certain dark shadow unicorn XD)

Edited by MidnaShadows

"Gah I can't wait for much longer."

Assassin used her dart, aimed at Twilight, and shot her. She then quickly ran up to Twilight and smacked her once. (She jumped over da bridge)

"FINALLY I found you ponies. You won't get out of here alive. Remember what happened in your library? I will take my revenge."

Assassin activated her hidden blade, trying to scare the six ponies.

"Oh never mind, if I kill you, the elements of harmony will be useless. Well that DOES mean that I can injure you right?"

Assassin threw a knife at Rainbow Dash.

"Oh what a miss. I can handle all of you by myself. Cadence will be mine. Her death shall open our new path. And I can't let you bother us."

"And I almost forgot about this, Twilight, I'm not letting you teleport away again. Because c'mon lets be fair. Thats reaaalllyyy annoying don't you think? Just to make sure.."

Assassin quickly threw a knife at Twilight's horn, hurting it little. 

"And if that pity horn still lets you teleport, I'll do something that you don't like. Now enough of this."

Assassin activates her hidden blade again.

"Now Shadow, come out."

"Gah I can't wait for much longer."

Assassin used her dart, aimed at Twilight, and shot her. She then quickly ran up to Twilight and smacked her once. (She jumped over da bridge)

"FINALLY I found you ponies. You won't get out of here alive. Remember what happened in your library? I will take my revenge."

Assassin activated her hidden blade, trying to scare the six ponies.

"Oh never mind, if I kill you, the elements of harmony will be useless. Well that DOES mean that I can injure you right?"

Assassin threw a knife at Rainbow Dash.

"Oh what a miss. I can handle all of you by myself. Cadence will be mine. Her death shall open our new path. And I can't let you bother us."

"And I almost forgot about this, Twilight, I'm not letting you teleport away again. Because c'mon lets be fair. Thats reaaalllyyy annoying don't you think? Just to make sure.."

Assassin quickly threw a knife at Twilight's horn, hurting it little. 

"And if that pity horn still lets you teleport, I'll do something that you don't like. Now enough of this."

Assassin activates her hidden blade again.

"Now Shadow, come out."

(can fly though a magical shield?, would't you just like bounce off it?, also how you going to release discord when twilight can't use magic?, but i will go with it for now huhuhu. Also i'm disguises as a normal looking pegasus so i'm not Midnight Shadow)

Mothball sat watching them fight, the black ordinary looking Pegasus watched intently before getting up after the assassin hit Twilight's horn, She walked over to the fight and coughed loudly attracting Assassin's attention "Ah-ah-ah, sister. You gotta play by the rules. Killing Twilight Sparkle or any of the mane six is the best way on not bringing Discord back." she commented, then she sat down and started grooming her wings "So you're personal Vendetta against them can wait until then" she remarked still ticked off by this pony. Why did this pony come at the most awkward time.

Mothball snorted at the silly mare, "so you forget that you can't kill them but whats to stop them killing you?" she summarized wondering if this mare had a brain, she contemplated it before deciding she didn't. "well you can either, drop the weapons and surrender to these mare's or be killed forgetting you can't kill them" she smirked. 

She glanced at the Assassin "unless you want to like, kill Twilight then you will never be able to get Candace in you're own short lifespan, and i believe lots of ponies would make you their target after that, ruining a massive plan doesn't go down too well" she added twitching her ear "but it's totally you're choice, don't mind me sitting here watching you fail, continue please" She finished waiting for what the assassin would do.

(any attempt to attack me is a very bad idea, trying to kill anyone is a bad choice, you just made a big bad choice XD)

Edited by MidnaShadows

"Don't underestimate me. I can do whatever I want with you, Twilight, and the others. Like THIS!"

Assassin threw a knife at Applejack's leg.

"Do you truly think you're better than me? I'm an Assassin. No pony stops me. My skills are far greater than yours. Since you knocked off my kindness from my hand, I'll do something more bad."

Assassin threw a knife at Fluttershy's wing and Rarity's leg.

"If you try to stop me from this actions, YOU just made a bad choice. If I were you, I won't attack back. Soon Obsidian Wing will come and destroy you. Also, why would I kill those little precious tools? Obsidian Wing and I will use them to bring back Discord."

"Additionally, a lot of ponies will make me their targets? I'll tell you this. I can handle every.single.pony. They're useless. Cadence will be mine. I swear, I will not fail. I can just go to Cadence right now. But I'll do that WHEN Obsidian Wing comes. I don't know your powers, and I bet you don't know mine. If you want to fight me right now, so be it. But I don't want other ponies to escape."

Assassin threw knifes at all 6 ponies' legs. Then she activated her hidden blade, aiming her pistol at the sky, shooting. 

"Just telling Obsidian Wing where I am don't mind that."

"Don't underestimate me. I can do whatever I want with you, Twilight, and the others. Like THIS!"

Assassin threw a knife at Applejack's leg.

"Do you truly think you're better than me? I'm an Assassin. No pony stops me. My skills are far greater than yours. Since you knocked off my kindness from my hand, I'll do something more bad."

Assassin threw a knife at Fluttershy's wing and Rarity's leg.

"If you try to stop me from this actions, YOU just made a bad choice. If I were you, I won't attack back. Soon Obsidian Wing will come and destroy you. Also, why would I kill those little precious tools? Obsidian Wing and I will use them to bring back Discord."

"Additionally, a lot of ponies will make me their targets? I'll tell you this. I can handle every.single.pony. They're useless. Cadence will be mine. I swear, I will not fail. I can just go to Cadence right now. But I'll do that WHEN Obsidian Wing comes. I don't know your powers, and I bet you don't know mine. If you want to fight me right now, so be it. But I don't want other ponies to escape."

Assassin threw knifes at all 6 ponies' legs. Then she activated her hidden blade, aiming her pistol at the sky, shooting. 

"Just telling Obsidian Wing where I am don't mind that."

'This mare' she thought to herself as she continued her ranting, Mothball got rather bored of it rather quickly and rolled her eyes, 'is she still going?, come on i didn't sign up to foal-sitting' she thought again, 'yeah I've had enough of this crap' she finally concluded.

Mothball snorted before shaking her head, "shame i was beginning to like you and you're tantrums" she sighed twitching her ear, She stood up and stopped all the knives moving though the air, dead. She levitated the Assassin pony into the air and held her their, "now can we have a decent conversation without you losing it?" she asked blinking at her immobilized pony. "you really left me with no choice after this last tantrum" she remarked before glancing at the Assassin. She glanced at the mane 6. "you guys ok?" she asked.

She glanced back at the struggling Assassin "oh please, we all need a chat and work this out, when Obsidian Wing shows up we can have a civilized conservation, without the knife throwing bullshit, ok?" she asked before sitting down and waiting for Obsidian Wing to arrive.

"If you try anything, i won't be held accountable for what happens next" she finished giving this mare her final chance for a peaceful outcome. 

"Well big mistake shadow."

Assassin threw her rope dart, tied up shadow, and threw her, smashing her into the ground. She landed on the ground.

"I told you, don't underestimate me. I'm stronger than you think. You like to see magic, than I'll show you some."

Assassin used her magic to upgrade her blade. Her hidden blade is full of rainbow colour.

"I can just destroy everything here. All I have to do is to smack my blade into the ground. And boom, explosion. That could make a good signal to Obsidian Wing don't you think. Also what are those 6 ponies doing there. Standing still, doing nothing. They're useless. I say it again, don't underestimate my skills and my strength."

Assassin threw a knife at Shadow then ran up to Twilight, giving a cut on her horn. After its done, she fell back.

"Using magic to defeat me, I also have magic, black pony. I'll tell you this, Obsidian Wing told me to kill YOU. I really don't care about your death. Now there could be a solution right? No talking though. I'm bored as hell."

Assassin deactivated her hidden blade and fell back.

"Alright. Lets wait til Obsidian Wing arrives. If Twilight or any of those ponies try to run away, I'll explode my blade so be careful."

@

The Everfree forest no longer existed. Between Nightmare Moon’s storm and Obsidian Wing’s solar flare, there wasn’t a single tree left. Now there was only a charred expanse of ash. Despite the wanton destruction, Nightmare Moon seemed unharmed.

“Impressive. Very impressive. But I have to ask, why? I flat out told you your little trick wouldn’t work, but you had to do it anyway. But to be fair, you DID kill my avatar! Not that it did you much good. It takes me all of a few seconds to make another one.”

Nightmare Moon smiled smugly down at Obsidian. Her gaze came to rest on Celestia’s horn.

“Well well well, what do we have here?”

Nightmare moon carefully pried Celestia’s horn off Obsidian Wing’s armor. In his current state, he was in no position to resist.

“Ah! The horn of my beloved sister! With this, it’ll be a simple matter to bring her back to life. Under my control, of course. I must thank you for bringing it to me!”

Nightmare Moon left with her prize, vanishing into mist.

<<>> 

@,

@@Midnight Shadow,  

Focused on Mothball, Assassin never saw Applejack’s kick coming. With strength that came from a lifetime of apple bucking, Assassin was sent flying. She landed in a heap a few meters away, and had almost certainly broken several bones.

“Aw shucks, Ah didn’t mean to hit her so hard! Ah only meant to knock her out!” Applejack remarked.

“You did what you had to do, Applejack. That rapscallion would have killed us all were in not for your quick intervention!” Rarity commended.

Fluttershy walked over to the assassin to check on her injuries.

“Looks like she’s fainted from shock… oh dear! She’s definitely broken a few ribs! She needs professional medical help right away!”

“We’ll just have to hope that some ponies in the castle can help her.” Twilight glanced over at Mothball “and we have to go inside the castle, because Cadence is in here. But one thing before we head inside…”

Twilight’s horn glowed with magic, despite the injuries inflicted upon it. An extremely powerful force cage surrounded Assassin.

“That spell will prevent the assassin from leaving, even if she tries to teleport.”

“But Twilight, she’s too hurt to even attempt movement, let alone magic! Don’t you think that’s overkill?” Pinkie Pie chimed in.

“Better safe than sorry. We’ve been surprised by that mare one too many times. Now, let’s get a move on! We’ve wasted enough time as it is!”

Twilight and friends walked into the castle, clearly expecting Mothball to follow. 

"No. You bitch. Damn, I don't have enough strength to continue. Mirror Wing, you back to normal?"

'Yeah, I am fine for now. Your lucky that that trick works for us like it does Nightmare Moon. We would be dead otherwise.' As he speaks, his body changes and Mirror Wing takes control. 'We cannot let Nightmare Moon create an evil Celestia. The results would be terrifying. I suggest we use that letter given to us by Celestia. She never suspected you would kill her so she wouldn't be able to warn anypony about us. That letter I have, can be used to lure the main six to our side. Then, we can end this. Now no more of your plans for now. Killing is your specialty. Strategy is mine.' Taking off, he flies over to where a gunshot could be heard. 'That must be Assassin. I almost feel bad for tricking her like I am about to.' Arriving at the force field, he passes through easily. 'Perks of working for Celestia.' Seeing the mane if Rainbow Dash, he laughs. 'She could never use stealth. Just like us.' Landing in front of the group, he addresses them. 'I am Mirror Wing, personal guardian of Celestia. Or formerly anyways. Twilight, I have a letter for you, I assume you have already received the letter the princess set up for you. After reading this, you may use that spell to destroy a creatures disguise to see if it is really me. I have come to warn you, Nightmare Moon has returned. Sheila's in ressurecting Celestia. Only this time, making her evil. I hate to say this, but I have a way to defeat them. You won't like it any more than I do. Please, listen though.'

Assassin wakes up.

"Ughh was that Applejack who kicked me? Next time I'm going to slice off her leg. Ow my rib hurts. oh my gosh it really hurts."

Assassin takes out one of her medicine from her pocket, drinking.

"Thats better. Now I'm going to go kill Cade.."

Assassin hits the force field, created by Twilight.

"Very smart. Well not smart enough."

She tries to get out of that force field, but it won't do any good. Assassin than used her hidden blade, stabbing the force field as hard as she can. Soon it magically disappeared. She deactivated her hidden blade and tried to go the castle. 

"Is that another force field? Are you kidding me. Now how am I supposed to get over there. Maybe I'll use my digging skills. Hope it works."

Assassin dug under the ground. Soon afterwards, she managed to get over the force field.

"Its best to stay hidden. I don't want more injuries. Now time for killing. Once I kill Cadence, I'm going to just run off as always."

Assassin uses her stealth to stay hidden from the others.

"Where in the world is Obsidian Wing."

Edited by BronyAssassin

@

Assassin was free for all of three seconds. She found herself teleported back to the same spot, in a stronger and smaller force cage. A ghostly image of Twilight appeared in front of Assassin.

“Aha! I knew you’d try something like that! Overkill my hoof! This cage is even stronger than the last, you won’t be able to break free this time!” The ghostly image of Twilight flicked and then disappeared.

It seemed clear that Assassin wouldn’t be able to break free by herself.

<<>> 

The pegasus still peered at what once was the Everfree Forest, even though the explosion happened several minutes ago. By some miracle, the detonation hadn’t damaged Ponyville or the fortifications surrounding it. He hoped the same couldn’t be said of Nightmare Moon’s pawns.

<<>> 

Twilight and friends made their way through the hallways of the fortress, heading deeper into the bowels of the castle. Eventually they made their way to the throne room of the stronghold, where they found Cadence sitting alone on the throne, completely unguarded. She seemed surprised to see them.

“Twilight!? What are you doing here?”

“We came to see you, Cadence! Something terrible has happened, and we-“

“We can talk later Twilight. Right now, I need to know, did anypony follow you here? Anypony at all?” Cadence seemed insistent to know the answer.

“Well, yes, but-“

“I knew it! Now, Shining Armor!”

Shining Armor and Brave Blaze stepped forth from behind the throne. Their horns shimmered as they combined their magic, creating a powerful sphere of fire around the force field created by Nightmare Moon, trapping everypony now on the castle grounds inside. Guards sprang forth from their hiding places around the castle, fully equipped with armor enchanted by Cadence herself.

“Don’t worry Twilight, anypony who attacks my guards will find an unpleasant surprise in store for them. Whoever’s been chasing you is now trapped by the force field and will soon be apprehended by the guards.”

“You’re not going to hurt them, are you?”

“Not necessarily. All we really want to do at this point is talk to them. I really hope they come quietly, but if not, we’re prepared to take them by force.” 

"Cadence. Do you realize what is going on here?" Mirrorwing steps up to her. "You should remember me, after all, I was there when princess Celestia inaugurated you as a princess. Anyways, Twilight, that pony you have trapped works for me. She misunderstood her orders and I deeply apologize for that. I do ask that you let me deal with her. As for the pony who is causing this mess, it is that pony with you, the one pretending to be a pegasus. Go ahead, check. You have spell that can identify a creatures true form after all. Anyways, like i said before, I have a plan to deal with everything. But, nopony will like it. Unfortunately, the only being with enough power to stop the newly arisen Nightmare Moon, is Discord. We will have to free him. Before your objections are stated, let me remind you, we have the elements, a former captain of the guard, a current captain of the guard, the princess of love, and a pony who has fought him in combat repeatedly." Thinking, 'I never did trust that new guard though, if he dies, Oh well. We have cadences location now.'

• Brohoof 1

@,

@,

Cadence could only look at Mirror Wing with utter confusion.

“I have never seen you before in my life. I can say for a fact that you never attended any coronation of any princess, ever. Twilight, do you know anything about this strange pegasus?”

“No. I have never meet him before, but I have meet his accomplice, who has tried to kill me and my friends several times. And why would you think Nightmare Moon has returned? I just recently spoke to Princess Luna myself!”

Cadence shook her head, baffled by the strange pegasus. “Shining, Brave Blaze, please take him down to the guest chambers. Twilight and I need to discuss our plans for entering Canterlot in private. See if you can’t get him to cooperate with us.”

The two guard captains saluted, and took Mirror Wing down into the bowels of the castle. They led him into a nicely furnished interior room, well lit by candlelight, but without windows of any sort. They sat him on a fancy couch, right next to Assassin, whom the guards had freed from the force cage. Her weapons had been confiscated. Shining Armor sat down on a chair directly opposite of Mirror wing, with Brave Blaze standing behind him.

Shining armor spoke first. “I guess the first question I’d like to ask is why exactly you’ve come here. I know you” He pointed to Assassin with his hoof “have tried to kill my sister multiple times, but what I don’t understand is why-“

Shining Armor was interrupted by the blade shoved through his ribs. He fell to the floor, shock written all over his face. Brave Blaze stood smugly above him, still holding Assassin’s daggers.

“Why?” was all Shining Armor managed to say before he died.

“Oh no. It seems you two managed to overpower us. We were completely unprepared for your attack. I, of course, fought bravely; but I was slain defending Shining Armor.”

He stabbed himself with Assassin’s blades, and then immediately detonated in a fiery explosion. Only ash was left of his body. 

"Assassin save him. I never trusted that ass. And how could she say that she has never seen me? I never lie. Well, time to raise some Hell I guess. If we want to get this done we need a plan. Sigh, Mirror Wing is gone for now, he won't help me anymore and he can't force me to submit. Great, just fucking great." Spreading his obsidian wings, he starts cooking up a small storm. "I really don't like this at all. Something is not right." Thee storm, a foot in diameter, sends a colt of lighting into the ceiling. The resulting crack is easily punched through by Obsidian Wing. Flying straight up, he soon finds himself in the presence of Cadence again. "Look, you liar. This letter would have proven what he said, now you will be trapped here, unless you meet my demands." Grabbing fluttershy, he holds his wing at her throat. The glint of a blade can be seen. "First, no magic. A horn glows, she dies. Second, to prove I am serious." He takes his other Wing, and stabs her in the leg. "If you doubt I will kill her, then you are quite stupid. Now, my friend is currently trying to save your husband's life. Because you trusted a pony who abandoned Celestia. I know this because I killed her. I killed your precious princess. I brought Nightmare Moon into existence. But you see, I want her dead. I don't care about you Cadence. You never mattered to me because you were incapable of the cruelty the sisters were committing. Now, why don't we wait for my friend to show up?" Wrapping an invisible layer of wind around him and his hostage, he protects himself from attack.

"Dang, I need to find my stuff first."

Assassin still had her Eagle Vision ability, she used it to find her equipments. She fought the guards with her hooves, fighting skills. She took all of her belongings, including her hidden blades. Assassin climbed to the top, avoiding detection. She heard Obsidian Wing speaking, Assassin went to Obsidian Wing.

"Oh look. You're giving pain to that yellow adorable pony. But just to make sure.."

Assassin looked at Twilight. 

"There you are. So much anger because of you. You don't trap me from that cage c'mon now thats so easy. And my blades are telling me to give you some pain too."

Assassin threw one of her throwing knives at Twilight's horn, giving a bit of slice. 

"That horn is so small as a rat I can't even match that thing properly. Oh well. Cadence.. finally we meet. I've been waiting for this. You will die by my blade. Oh and before that,"

Assassin went straight up to Cadence, stabbing her front legs.

"Hurts doesn't it? Celestia felt more pain than this PRINCESS. One more thing, Im not getting kicked by that orange pony."

She throws her knife at Applejack's legs.

"Now where should we start? Shining Armor and Blaze are dead, pretending that I killed them."

@,

@,  

A line of royal guards quickly separated Cadence and the element bearers from the two deadly assassins, their enchanted armor now glowing a light pink. Cadence then used her magic to heal Twilight and her friends, before healing herself, brazenly ignoring Obsidian Wing’s warning not to use magic.

“Let go of Fluttershy this instant, you foul brutes!” Rarity yelled. Rainbow Dash was tensing up, ready to spring into action at any moment. Pinkie pie had her party cannon out, a deadly weapon at close range. Applejack was preparing her lasso, swinging it around in long arcs.

“Now, give us back Fluttershy without harming her again, and we might still be able to talk things out peacefully. But if you harm her again, all negotiations will be over. We’ll be forced to take you down, even if we die in the attempt. The second you make another threatening gesture, I’ll use my magic to remove your free will, and replace it with love. But I hope it doesn’t have to come to that, just don’t hurt Fluttershy…” Cadence negotiated. 

"Did you just ignore Obsidian Wing's warning? You're really brave and disrespectful I'll give you that. But promise is a promise."

Assassin tapped Fluttershy's left leg.

"This pony can't even fight back? Really, really pathetic. But seriously Cadence healing them right after I attacked them? So easy. We can talk peacefully? I mean, my goal is to kill YOU not to talk. And we're using this Fluttershy to.. change your feeling. You're breaking all the rules c'mon now."

Assassin threw one of her knives again at Twilight's front left leg.

"Heal her again. I can do this forever. I have plenty of knives if you ask me. And one more thing. Replace is with love? Don't underestimate me I'm really aggressive. That thing won't work."

Assassin reloaded her pistol and aimed at Cadence's legs.

"I won't ask again but.. no magic please? Or I'm going to hurt you seriously. Fair enough?"

Assassin gave up on her pistol and spoke again.

"That'd be too easy for me. Lets just end this quickly."

Assassin ran up to Cadence and jumped, performing her air assassinate. 

Edited by Jeric
Revisions Via Author

"Magic does not affect me. And you see, I am not kind. I like to kill. I enjoy it. And this sweet little pony is looking so vulnerable right now. Now that my friend has jumped the gun, let's see how you like this." Throwing one the crystals he picked up before, a void pit opens at the guards feet, sucking up magic. "Damn, wrong one. Oh well, this one nuetralizes magic in a large area. It even affects a pegasis ability to manipulate weather, as well as unicorn and alicorn magic. So, now it becomes a physical fight. One which you cannot win. All of our magic is gone, but, I still have your friend." His shield gone, he positions his free wing as a shield, preparing for an attack from the guards or the earth ponies. On earth ponies are immune to the effect, meaning they can still be effective. "You see Cadence, if I don't make sure this ends fast, Equestria will have you for a tyrant and a monster as your pet. I don't like being enslaved. And Equestria will be free, mostly. This means you die. This means I will have to win against anything thrown at me."

• 4 weeks later...

@,

@,  

Cadence saw the assassin’s leap, dodged the air assassination, and counterattacked with a hoof directly to Assassin’s face.

“You’ve made a serious miscalculation. You forget that all alicorns possess earth pony magic, and that a large portion of the guards in this very room are earth ponies. In your attempt to even the odds, you’ve made things even worse for yourself! Guards, subdue the black pegasus!” Cadence yelled over the sounds of battle.

All the guards in the room tackled Obsidian Wing to the ground, attempting to wrestle him into submission.

Applejack lassoed Fluttershy over to her, and then began to carefully bandage her wounds, while also remaining alert to possible attacks from Assassin or Obsidian Wing.

Twilight begin to closely examine the magic draining pit in the center of the room.

Rainbow Dash quickly trotted over to Twilight, protecting her from potential attack.

Pinkie Pie slowly trotted over to Assassin, party cannon in hoof. She was clearly looking for a fight.

Cadence remained in the back of the battle, safe behind a protective ring of royal guards.