Why do you use the forums?

Lato

102 users have voted

1. 1. Why do you use the forums?

• To talk to people
    • To roleplay
    • To share media/stories
    • To help others in-need

I use the forums to share my thoughts and stories, but I also like to talk to others as well. I don't get a lot of social interaction offline (even though I'm trying to xP), so I tend to hang out at forums like this one.

Edited by Mienshao
  • Brohoof 1

I use it to keep updated with the show, meet new people, spread a little happiness here and there, have a few laughs, and support the site while thinking of new ideas to improve it.

post-27395-0-27495000-1414628152_thumb.png

• Brohoof 3

Talk to people with similar interests, no one i know in person has ever even heard of this fandom :(  haven't really gotten into Roleplay, but plan on it in the future.

• Brohoof 1

Better question is - Why not?

If i have something interesting to share with you guys, be it privately or in posts, so be it. If I can render a sliver of my infinite wisdom upon those in need of it, i'll do just that. If i see an interesting roleplay thread, i might just pop in, too. It's like an all you can eat buffet, only cooler and with ponies.

Edited by Captain Random
  • Brohoof 2

I joined the forum when I saw the nice conversations everyone was having while I was rattling off MLP-related facts and opinions to myself. I realized, "Why them and not me?" So I changed that, and joined this forum to discuss MLP-related topics.

Now it's become much more than that. I've found many friends that I can relate to as much as, if not much more than anyone else I have ever met not only in real life, but online as well. I've built up the kinds of relationships here so much quicker than in real life, and I find this to be a venue where you can really be yourself and not be judged for the most part. This is one of the biggest and unparalleled best communities I've ever been a part of on the Internet, and I can't think of many things in the world that I would trade it for.

• Brohoof 3

I do it for the Fan Clubs, where I get to fanboy all over my favorite characters.

I do it for the discussions, which can get really intense and make me see the world in a new light.

I do it for the artists, who come from all over to show off their skills.

I do it for the musicians, who make glorious masterpieces for me to enjoy day in and day out.

I do it for the chance to see what sort of zany stuff happens around here.

But mostly, I do it for the people. I do it for the crazies and the zealots, the hardcores and the every day fans. I do it for the friends I have made and the friends I hope to make. I do it for the hope that one day, I'll be able to be an open brony, and go to cons, and who knows? Maybe I'll meet some of you all there one day. That is why I use the forums. I use them, because I love each and every one of you out there. Keep on being awesome MLPF, I wouldn't want you any other way :)

• Brohoof 2

With greater than five hundred post, the forums has become an outlet to communicate with bronies, this was the first site I ever encountered pony related, and frankly I like that the forums are easy to use. I am not a fan of Facebook, especially if my comments are public, my mother goes to my page often, and she is not the most positive person concerning fandoms, much less bronies, so I don't connect with bronies on Facebook, unless there is a meet up, nevertheless, it is greatly satisfying to write to other bronies, and leave my imprint on the ponies, or the fandom itself, my words and your words will be immortalised, a historical moment, when people from around the world, talk and collaborate about My Little Pony, Friendship is Magic, for MLP forums has become a great place for bronies to meet and greet, about any subject, pony related or more.

• Brohoof 1

When I'm in the groove of posting I talk about pony things or surf art. I usually roleplay elsewhere like ProBoards sites or tumblr. ^^

Other than that, we're all pretty much here to break the horse talks and gather some friends, amirite?  :derp:

• Brohoof 1

Mostly habit. I don't find many conversations these days, let alone good ones, and if it weren't for the fact that I have this incessant need to come back here all the time I probably would have disappeared a long time ago.

• Brohoof 3

that is a question I ask myself every time I sign off most of the time I think I'm just wasting my time here but really I come here just to kill time, get feed back from others, and answer questions..... also to showcase my fan fics and videos sometimes

• Brohoof 2

I came here to do some good roleplaying! I've been on another site similar to this one, but the roleplaying community there just weren't up to snuff with what I was looking for...

Edited by Hypn0ticD
  • Brohoof 1

Well, I joined at first because I was still new to the fandom and wanted to see what it was... but why did I stay?

I pretty much stayed because I read random posts (lurker) all across the board to try to understand others' mentality.  To see an opinion though someone else's eyes.

That's just about it, since I don't watch  the show anymore and not good with friends. 

• Brohoof 1

I originally joined because I was on the prowl for popular mlp forums to post my custom ponies at to boost my sales. 

Well, here's how that's going... I made a thread with my general work, it got great feedback but I can't create new threads in the same forum because they just... disappear. 

Got commissions set up, but no interest, no bites~ 

So I've been bumming around the general discussion forum, just because~

I really don't know why Dx But I like to just some to the general discussion forum every night just about as I wind down to go to bed~

I guess because it's a change of pace, and I'm still surrounded by ponies. 

I'm a member of other generation pony forums as well, but they're more geared around collectors than customizers, as well. 

So I'm pretty stuck on posting my custom ponies everywhere, but to the wrong audience, it seems XD

OH WELL SUCH IS MY LUCK WITH LIFE hey let's just hang here instead~ I've got networking and conventions under my belt to cover my sales~

• Brohoof 2

Honestly these days idk anymore actually thats a question I have been asking myself... I keep lurking here at night usually just roam around looking at old posts and such. That is something I have yet to figure out .

I stick around here for old memories I guess.

• Brohoof 1

Before joining the forums, I didn't know many people who were bronies. If I did, we didn't really talk about the show anyway. I joined because I wanted to interact with other people with this same interest. It's fun to talk about stuff about the show that I actually understand :D

I also check the forums to keep myself updated with pony news. Without this forum, I would've never learned about Discovery Family and Season 5 spoilers.

Edited by PonyLaces
  • Brohoof 1

I use the forums to socialize, have discussions on certain things, and overall, just have a good time and make friends.

• Brohoof 1