Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

A second Cold War?

Skullbuster

so according to a few places, theres even a wikipedia page on this, we have entered a second Cold War, this started with the events in Syria and the Ukraine, and some have suggested that there might soon be eastern Europe versions of already existing social media sites to further a divide

what do you think of this? i find it rather scary to think that this is happening

Wiki:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cold_War_II

a few articles on the subject:
http://www.worldaffairsjournal.org/blog/gordon-g-chang/second-cold-war

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/russian-prime-minster-we-are-approaching-second-cold-war_793385.html

http://www.themoscowtimes.com/opinion/article/a-new-senseless-cold-war-is-now-inevitable/506220.html

Well it will totally become a Cold War if these sanctions don't stop. Western powers are just shooing Russia away from the West and now Russia is turning towards his buddies China and Iran. #ThanksObama

It is kinda exciting but also a little bit frightening. I don't think my country would be hit by a nuke however we might get invaded only because of our vital and militaristic important location.

Edited by JonasDarkmane

Well, this is giving me a job in the future, so I say bring it on. Intelligence gathering for the win.

But really, I think the Cold War never really ended. It just kind of warmed over while other events in the world played out. Once again, the Middle East is the focus, and I'll be surprised if Russia doesn't make a move on eastern Europe in the next few years--a decade, tops. And not necessarily a military move, but a coup to install pro-Russian authorities seems plausible.

• Brohoof 1

but a coup to install pro-Russian authorities seems plausible

You might wanna observe Moldova then since there are pro-Russians there and ever since the Ukrainian Crises started, these Moldovan pro-Russians have been stirring a little bit, though they haven't really done anything.  

But really, I think the Cold War never really ended. It just kind of warmed over while other events in the world played out. Once again, the Middle East is the focus, and I'll be surprised if Russia doesn't make a move on eastern Europe in the next few years--a decade, tops. And not necessarily a military move, but a coup to install pro-Russian authorities seems plausible.

That's it, I don't need to say anymore...

A lot of Cold War warriors are still in congress, or at the least are lobbyists for some special interest groups, such as John Kerry, John McCain, Dick Cheney, just to name a few, have gotten so use to fighting someone, and strut their power with our imperial military power, they can't imagine a world without war, or dictate peace based on their deluded vision, of imperial domination and occupation. This will not be like the last Cold War, our economy is on the brink, the Fed has ended the federal bond program, so now it is a matter of time before our money supply losses most of its value, also our military is stretched to the limit, when I was in the navy, I saw that limit, and the effect it had on our moral, for we are not machines, and people only see our weapons that make us so great and powerful, never really thinking of the servicemen who use it. The Second Cold War may go hot, but it is a matter of time, to see what destruction and legacy we will leave, regardless of what nation fights the war, or who is victorious, however one thing is certain, we have to band together, and save ourselves, before the old Cold War warriors, commit more of our young people to fight for their imperial power trip across the globe.  

PyhLasb.jpg

A new wave of Russo-phobia grips the west. There have been several instances in which one could expect tensions between east and west, but I will say that both sides have been throwing mud at one another.

• Brohoof 3

A new wave of Russo-phobia grips the west. There have been several instances in which one could expect tensions between east and west, but I will say that both sides have been throwing mud at one another.

The Russo-phobia is especially strong among the elderly. My grandmother was talking all bad about Russia and Putin. She is still stuck in the Cold War (the first one, regarding this discussion).  There is no convincing her. 

My country's government has been behaving rather poorly it's like they don't know who they support but they try to make it look like they support USA. 

Edited by JonasDarkmane
  • Brohoof 1

the way i see things currently, is that Obama isnt a great leader, and Putin doesnt want to play nice with others, it also probably doesnt help that Putin is an ex high ranking KGB officer

the way i see things currently, is that Obama isnt a great leader, and Putin doesnt want to play nice with others, it also probably doesnt help that Putin is an ex high ranking KGB officer

Well it certainly does not help Putin's enemies that he's an ex high ranking KGB officer.  However he seems to be really popular in Russia and he has made his fellow country men quite proud. Plus, opening negotiations with Iran and China (not like they were ever closed, but you know, proposing new deals with them). That might benefit all of Russia in the long run.