Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do people celebrate Halloween where you live?

RainbowMau

(edited)
On October 30, 2014 at 3:20 PM, RainbowMau said:

it was forbidden because the catholics said it was satanic, it was something that it was shown through schools and the commercial boom that Halloween brought was suddenly killed.

i'm a catholic and I don't think theres anything "Satanic" about it

and yes,they do celebrate it every year,here in Texas,USA

Edited by ScruffyTheStallion

Unfortunately no, it typically rains every year on Halloween so people tend not to go out.  Also, I live somewhere that the management frowns on people going door to door(unless they personally okay it).  It's always nice to see people bring out the good stuff for Halloween though, it's pretty much the only time I actually shop around for decorations!

Yeah, it's just kinda cold usually, around say the 40's to the 60's (Fahrenheit, not Celsius). Not that cold, but it just really all depends on the year.

I haven't trick-or-treated in years, but I always enjoy the left-overs, since we don't really have many people come around since we're on a side road, tucked away in our subdivision.

I love Halloween and where I've lived for the past 6 years has been pretty Halloweeny.

When I was living in Arizona tho I lived in a very retirement area for a few years and it was out in the desert too so really you never saw any Halloween out there but you did see ALOT of Christmas. People must have saved decoration space for Christmas storage because every home in the neighborhood had over 5K lights on their home

• 1 year later...

I definitely see Halloween decorations a lot. As far as trick or treating goes, not here. I live in a rural area and almost all of my neighbors are in their 60s, 70s and 80s. lol

Yes, but they don't get into it as much as I do. I'd go all out with the decorations, the scares, the trick and treating. Helloween is the best.

Yes, most everyone in my city celebrates it. I dress up in costume and go trick or treating with my younger siblings every year (yes, I still trick or treat. Like Pinkie Pie once said, too old for free candy? NEVER.) And that's the great thing about having younger siblings...I can use them as an excuse to still go trick or treating. :-D

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

I don't, but younger kids around the neighborhood do. I don't have any problems with it, since it's all in good fun at the end of the day.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Halloween has here no tradition, but within the last 20 years this has become a normality here too. Most likely not in the same dimension as in the u.s but I also buy some candy for every Halloween to be on the safe side.

I’m from the US so yes

However I’ll go into a bit more detail specifically to where I live.

The neighborhood I grew up in didn’t do Halloween. No trick or treating or anything like that. Typically my dad would take me to certain places where they were doing trick or treating. It’s only until we moved in my late teens that we had started getting trick or treaters. 

• Brohoof 1