Sign in to follow this  
TheJLeeTeam

Why is Bulk Biceps so out of place compared to the other ponies?

About Bulk Biceps's design, it just looks so different and out of place compared to the rest of the ponies. I mean his thighs are oversized, he has smaller wings, his legs are skinner, and has a bigger head. I just think he looks very out of place. What do you think?

240px-Bulk_Biceps_ID_S4E05.png

Because this is what happens when you abuse steroids, apparently this is a thing a lot of characters seem to be doing these days 

GIAK78x.png

Because he's pretty much a visual gag

There are some visual gags that I find funny but this one I find strange.

He suppose to be a one shot parody of a bulked motivated soldier who scream "Yeahh!" when leader is speaking. Yet since the writers except Larson are totally out of touch with overused jokes and memes (see also Big Mac "Yup" and "Nope") he become a recurring BG pony. And he is a wasted potential and a sore to the eyes. Button Mash could have been more interesting BG pony, yet they trying to make a male version of Derpy.

Hes the obligatory musclebound softy..... it just comes with the territory.

yet no one seems to have a problem with Featherweight.......

Badges

I think that Bulk's cutie mark indicates his talent for body-building.

And it's obvious that he takes advantage of that talent... Thus, resulting in his muscles to be noticeably large.

I think that the reason his wings are tiny, however, is because the MLP: FiM staff thought that it would be humurous. The viewers seeing a possibly  steroid-enraged overgrown monster who looks like, if he punched you, could knock you out cold... But has super small wings and looks pathetic while flying.

Even in real life there are those who, in some people's point of view, would look out of place.

Maybe he did body-building to compensate for his tiny wings...

I think his wing are more or less normal size, it is just the rest of him that is too pumped up.  IMO, he was supposed to be a parody of steroid abusers & the joke just didn't quite work out

Hey, Babe Ruth had about 3 strike outs for every home run & even in the Hall of Fame, this is the best ratio ever.  In the words of Dr Frankenstein "Oops.  Well, not every experiment succeeds"

(edited)

Same reason King Sombra looks so different compared to the other Unicorns, I guess.

Edited by A.V.

Because he's huge compared to the other ponies, know what I mean?

He's kind of funny. Ahem, kind of, at first, but he is an overused character and he was funny in Wonderbolts Academy, and I felt like his character design was right for that, but every other time it just feels wrong.

Because he, and his entire character, is little more than a bad visual pun.

I could go on and on about how annoying it is that every male character in women's shows typically sucks or falls into one of 4-12 stereotypes, but I won't. Why? Because it's not that big a deal yet. Although it is kinda annoying.

He's like Babe Ruth. He was huge compared to the other baseball players of his time.

About Bulk Biceps's design, it just looks so different and out of place compared to the rest of the ponies. I mean his thighs are oversized, he has smaller wings, his legs are skinner, and has a bigger head. I just think he looks very out of place. What do you think?

img-3217891-1-240px-Bulk_Biceps_ID_S4E05

He is on Steroids. I don't know if you've ever read up on it, but Steroids does cause shrinkage.

He looks out of place because he's ALL MUSCLE!!

YEAH!!!1!

Badges

Steroids does cause shrinkage

You've hit the nail on the head. Steroids stop a man's natural production of testosterone. And the... ahem... part of the body normally responsible for testosterone production can atrophy (shrink because of under-use).

This is not the only instance of pegasus wings being portrayed as symbolic of male genitalia.

320px-Wingboner.png

I'll just leave that there for you.

I don't get it either. I thought only Earth Ponies were supposed to be so big and strong.

Badges

Because he was a visual gag for the stereotypical steroid abusing body builder type. Hence the tiny wings. As opposed well. Yeah.