Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Princess Luna Action figure (fully articulated)

SoaringSentinel

Even though i am still waiting for the rest of the pieces I finally got around to buying the materials to start preparing them. i did a quick dry fit of the head neck and chest. and i've already found a problem i will need to print a new part for.

in anycase even though the neck joint is not strong enoegh i think she turned out pretty great.

what do you think?

miPVMwD.png

• Brohoof 1

Even though i am still waiting for the rest of the pieces I finally got around to buying the materials to start preparing them. i did a quick dry fit of the head neck and chest. and i've already found a problem i will need to print a new part for.

in anycase even though the neck joint is not strong enoegh i think she turned out pretty great.

what do you think?

img-3324973-1-miPVMwD.png

Wow! that's amazing! I can't wait to see the whole thing! I do hope you paint it.

• Brohoof 1

Wow! that's amazing! I can't wait to see the whole thing! I do hope you paint it.

The version in the pictures will most likely never be painted. As I've said before that is the Master version of the figure. From that figure I will create silicone molds so I can create multiple resin copies of Luna. Those resin copies will be painted :). I'll most likely also have some garage kits available for those who want to customize and assemble the figure themselves. I'll also be using a large part of Luna's body for Cadence so painting it like Luna would be pointless.

More on that when i finally get all the pieces and getting ready for casting :)

The version in the pictures will most likely never be painted. As I've said before that is the Master version of the figure. From that figure I will create silicone molds so I can create multiple resin copies of Luna. Those resin copies will be painted :). I'll most likely also have some garage kits available for those who want to customize and assemble the figure themselves. I'll also be using a large part of Luna's body for Cadence so painting it like Luna would be pointless.

More on that when i finally get all the pieces and getting ready for casting :)

Oh, sorry I should have seen that in your post. I'm sure resin parts might end up being better than the 3d print plastic.

I wanted to get a better idea of what it would look like assembled and give you guys a sense of the scale of this figure

so I put some of my other figures next to it to give you a better sense of just how big it is :) Also i don't have any official pony toys to compare it to. although i plan to get one to compare it to Luna once it's finished. The gundam on the left is a 1/100 scale master grade Aile strike gundam. on the right is a playarts Kat from halo Reach and next to the is a playarts Sarah Palmer from halo 4. and of course a Disney infinity mickey

This is as much as I can assemble right now without the missing pieces. 

The coins in front of it are an old German mark and an American half dollar coin.

RjEEhWf.jpg

Just got word that the additional parts I'm waiting for have been delayed... again. One of the drawbacks when using a service is this kind of stuff constantly gets messed up. but usually the parts do turn out nice.

I did go out and buy some sand able automotive primer today so at least I can start smoothing out the pieces that i already have. More pictures coming soon

Just got word that the additional parts I'm waiting for have been delayed... again.

...AGAIN? I can understand once, maybe twice... But isn't this the third time they've been delayed? This sounds incredibly annoying to sit through. 

...AGAIN? I can understand once, maybe twice... But isn't this the third time they've been delayed? This sounds incredibly annoying to sit through.

The first two times the pieces went missing. This time they are delayed. But yes it is incredibly frustrating to sit through. Especialy because this prototype print isn't what you'd call cheap. So to have them constantly losing pieces is incredibly annoying.

First post was tldr but anyway I dunno if this is real or not but it does look real and it's very nice.

Thank you, yes it is real. Just not finished yet. Edited by SoaringSentinel

The missing parts arrived today and i was finaly able to assemble the figure for the first time!

There are still some issue's, some joints are too loose, and others are too weak. so some modification is required. but i managed to get her to stand on her own :)

8JF8NmT.jpg

KCnbzXQ.jpg

iU3BZvy.jpg

The next few days/weeks are going to be spent sanding and thickening the joints with putty.

I'm really pleased with how it turned out. I original modeled the figure (non pose able) nearly a year ago to the day. To see it finally completed and in my hands is so satisfying :)

• Brohoof 1

Wow this just keeps getting better and better. the replacement parts i ordered have been rejected due to a system error and now my store credit is gone and i have to go through customer service again to get it back... the more i deal with this company the more incompetent they seem to get. Until i get my store credit back I can't order the replacement pieces... if everything had gone according to plan i'd already be casting... *sigh*

• Brohoof 1

more production delays. I thought i could fix the feet joints by thickening them with a little putty. sadly it was not to be. so time for more re-prints :(

Oh well gives me an excuse to take a little break from the project and enjoy the holidays. and on that note. 

Happy Holidays everyone!

the first set of replacement parts arrived today along with luna's angry head and i re-assembled her again for a new set of a pictures smile_001.gif still got quite a bit of sanding left to do as you can see. the white parts are the replacement pieces and the dark grey pieces still need to be sanded. the tail the mane and the feet have all been finished as has the neutral head.

without further a due 

iw4oTKw.png

PSfTpCQ.png

NSY6XK4.png

and just for fun don't piss of luna!

z7JTyNX.png

I apologize for the poor quality of the photo's. Once the figure is ready i'll get a set of professional photo's made of her so you can see her in her full glory rather than in crappy phone camera quality

Ok the last set of replacement parts are in and they work beautifully. that means i'm done with printing. all i need to do now is sand the remaining pieces smooth. thicken the joints so they have a bit more friction (in the photo's it was a miracle i got her to stand up on her own with how loose some of the joints are)

once she's completely smooth i'll order the mold silicon and resin and we should be good to go.

Expect to see the details and order info up at the end of this week :)

I'm an apprentice engineer/designer, and I must say simply from a design perspective this is amazing! What software did you use? I work on AutoDesk Inventor and Solidworks, but I can't tell what modeling system that is.

Edited by Panne
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

I'm an apprentice engineer/designer, and I must say simply from a design perspective this is amazing! What software did you use? I work on AutoDesk Inventor and Solidworks, but I can't tell what modeling system that is.

I use Autodesk Maya. I am an Artist for Videogames and I also do Tabletop miniatures as a freelance job on the side

Edited by SoaringSentinel
  • Brohoof 1

I am an Artist for Videogame and i also do Tabletop miniatures as a freelance job on the side

Oh I've have like 2 table top game things I've been wanting to do but don't have the skills or equipmnt!

1st one is a simple make 3D models of the 9 king of tokyo monsters (6 original 3 expansion pack)

2nd I want to make my own game!!!!!

(edited)
Pre-orders for Luna are open now! 

The base figure will be 200 USD but there is a cheaper and a slightly more expensive version availible.

If you have any questions please dont hesitate to ask.
Edited by SoaringSentinel