Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Princess Luna Action figure (fully articulated)

SoaringSentinel

Wow. I am very impressed. I look forward to future updates. This may be one of those things I would spend a ridiculous amounts of money on if given the choice.

Once i get all the parts i am going to make a few resin casts of the figure, so you'll have the chance to get one. i'm not ready to talk price point just yet though. but I can tell you I wont be charging plushie levels.

Looks like an impressive statue. Considering size, will you sell it or similar figures around $500 I would guess? Especially since it moves which is something most figurines don't do. It seems very elaborate and detailed.

• Brohoof 1

Looks like an impressive statue. Considering size, will you sell it or similar figures around $500 I would guess? Especially since it moves which is something most figurines don't do. It seems very elaborate and detailed.

Thank you!

I can already tell you that this figure will be well below 500 however I will only do a limited run of the figure. so once the mold breaks no more Luna. However I do intend to do more characters later. Cadence is most likely next because she has the exact same bodyshape as luna but with a different head, feet, tail, hair sash and wings so she would be quick to produce.

However if you're asking if i am going to do other characters such as OC's then I have to say no. at least not untill i get to the ponies with normal bodyshapes. and even then it would be on a case by case basis. But considering i want to do the princesses first that is still months away from even being a possibility

I hope that answers your question.

• Brohoof 1

I have never felt more want in my entire life than I feel at this moment.

I may be able to help you satisfy that feeling of want in a few weeks :)

In other news. The  missing pieces are being reprinted and i should have them all next week. *fingers crossed*

As i have mentioned before aside from the default facial expression i wanted to make 2 additional heads one angry and one laughing. so with that here is Luna's angry face.

Th5EOZ2.jpg

I used this as reference (sorry i couldn't find a clean picture without the text)

BIOn1NQCAAAaPVz.jpg

It still need a bit more tweaking. the front view feels a little off to me at the moment.

• Brohoof 1

Hmm. Will the pieces be easily detachable and would you be willing to sell parts separately? I ask this because as much as I would like to have multiple Lunas, I assume the price will be relatively high and it would be more inexpensive to buy one body and have multiple faces.

Edited by Krovavaya Luna

(edited)

Hmm. Will the pieces be easily detachable and would you be willing to sell parts separately? I ask this because as much as I would like to have multiple Lunas, I assume the price will be relatively high and it would be more inexpensive to buy one body and have multiple faces.

The heads are meant to be interchangeable same goes for the pair of folded wings you can swap them in and out. I dont expect people to buy more than one complete Luna just to get different heads. the wings and 2 heads will be sold seperatly

Edited by SoaringSentinel

props on youre work but ive have a idea what if you used a strechy flexable thin matteral to make seemless joints im sure theres a ton of thangs like that you would just have to find a way to make the molds

props on youre work but ive have a idea what if you used a strechy flexable thin matteral to make seemless joints im sure theres a ton of thangs like that you would just have to find a way to make the molds

I've been toying with that idea for so long. Sadly I have no experience working with those kinds of materials so at least for my first figure I'm going to stick with what I know. and then later on see how I can improve on the design when i have a few more characters under my belt :)

Wow, I've thought how a posable pony figure would be awesome, but this! Wow, that is soooooo cool! I can't wait to see the finished result! btw: what modeling program are you using, I'm assuming it's not Blender because of the CADness.

• Brohoof 1

Wow, I've thought how a posable pony figure would be awesome, but this! Wow, that is soooooo cool! I can't wait to see the finished result! btw: what modeling program are you using, I'm assuming it's not Blender because of the CADness.

Actually it's a similar program to blender. not a CAD program. i'm using Autodesk maya. but you could do what i did with blender if you know what you're doing.

• Brohoof 1

Actually it's a similar program to blender. not a CAD program. i'm using Autodesk maya. but you could do what i did with blender if you know what you're doing.

Oh, really? I just thought those mechanical parts looked so good that you were using some sort of CAD package.

• Brohoof 1

Oh, really? I just thought those mechanical parts looked so good that you were using some sort of CAD package.

Thank you :)

If you know how to use 3d modeling programs it doesn't really matter if you use a CAD or an Polygon Art program. I've seen people making parts like that with Sculpting programs like z-brush.

It's really up to the skill of the artist and knowing what techniques to use.

Another thing. If you know how to create a 3 dimensional object out of 2D plans or reverse engineer a 3d object back into 2 dimensional plans. You can create anything imaginable. The only thing you'll have to learn beyond that point are the rules of the material your working with. a good example of this is an older project i did about a year ago. Where i created plans for a plushie of luna out of a 3d model of her. (check that out here: http://mlpforums.com/topic/53047-my-first-plushie-princess-luna/ )

• Brohoof 1

sorry if its been said do you have a price yet total?

Not yet, I'm still waiting for the rest of the figure to arrive once I have that i have that and I am sure I won't have to print any replacement parts I can make an accurate estimate of what it would cost to sell a few copies. Once I am sure of the price I'll start putting together a list of people that are interested. Do note I am only doing 1 run of Luna. Once I break the mold that's it, no more additional Luna's. 

Thank you :)

If you know how to use 3d modeling programs it doesn't really matter if you use a CAD or an Polygon Art program. I've seen people making parts like that with Sculpting programs like z-brush.

It's really up to the skill of the artist and knowing what techniques to use.

Another thing. If you know how to create a 3 dimensional object out of 2D plans or reverse engineer a 3d object back into 2 dimensional plans. You can create anything imaginable. The only thing you'll have to learn beyond that point are the rules of the material your working with. a good example of this is an older project i did about a year ago. Where i created plans for a plushie of luna out of a 3d model of her. (check that out here: http://mlpforums.com/topic/53047-my-first-plushie-princess-luna/ )

Wow, that plushie is very impressive! I have a question, what would you call the skills required to design mechanical parts like the that? i find it hard to figuring out the proper terms to look for online for things similar to that for some reason. I haven't exactly looked into making linkages like what you have there with the figure, but I've tried to find other types of information about designing other types of parts.

Wow, that plushie is very impressive! I have a question, what would you call the skills required to design mechanical parts like the that? i find it hard to figuring out the proper terms to look for online for things similar to that for some reason. I haven't exactly looked into making linkages like what you have there with the figure, but I've tried to find other types of information about designing other types of parts.

I honestly don't know, i'm an modeler and animator for videogames. and i designed these parts by simply looking at other action figures that I've taken apart. and looking at all the different kind of joints out there. I also have an interest in mechanical engineering so I look at blueprints and shows about taking stuff apart etc. helps in figuring this kind of stuff out i think. but i wouldn't know what this kind of thing is officially called. I just learned by doing

• Brohoof 1

I honestly don't know, i'm an modeler and animator for videogames. and i designed these parts by simply looking at other action figures that I've taken apart. and looking at all the different kind of joints out there. I also have an interest in mechanical engineering so I look at blueprints and shows about taking stuff apart etc. helps in figuring this kind of stuff out i think. but i wouldn't know what this kind of thing is officially called. I just learned by doing

I notice the people doing diy engineering just seem to figure it out by just looking at the way things work. It's rather nice to have someone just say it though, because I tend to get stuck in a loop of trying to find "proper" information sometimes. Sometimes you just have to try something rather that making sure it's perfect beforehand.

The reprinted pieces went missing again. So i'll have to change a few things around like submit each piece individually.andnthennwait another 2 weeks. Sigh... Appearantly the model should have been rejected from the get go.

I hope to be able to finish the prototype before Christmas but thats looking more and more unlikely

The reprinted pieces went missing again. So i'll have to change a few things around like submit each piece individually.andnthennwait another 2 weeks. Sigh... Appearantly the model should have been rejected from the get go.

I hope to be able to finish the prototype before Christmas but thats looking more and more unlikely

That must be really annoying! Maybe next time you could use a different print company?