Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Moved to Elsewhere

Not knowing how to respond to something is my largest pet peeve.  If I don't know how to properly phrase something, I tend not to respond to someone's post(I know it sounds rude but I really can't help myself sometimes).

1. Far too many Fan Club threads get so bloated with pics yet have very little valid discussion. (Because of its size, the Rarity Fan Club desperately needs some Gas-X.) It's the biggest reason why I never post there and don't intend to in the near-future.

As someone who frequents the fan club mentioned, I can vouch for it having good discussion from time to time, as opposed to just picture spam. We were actually planning on doing a group analysis in the near future to combat the one in the OP, which many of us feel is out of date and inaccurate :please: I also see as much as other fan clubs whenever I browse through them, so I must say, I'm a bit confused by this pet peeve, DQ :confused:

I really only have one I feel comfortable discussing, and that's the lack of a private browsing function. IPB's software allows staff to see members who are hidden, and as someone who has wanted this to be a function for a while, I feel it'd be a useful tool for anyone who feels stressed by something or someone on MLPF or who just feels like it's intrusive to their privacy and doesn't want everyone to know what topic they're looking at or who's profile they're viewing. It doesn't get in the way of moderation in the slightest, so I don't know why it doesn't exist :confused:

• Brohoof 2

who just feels like it's intrusive to their privacy and doesn't want everyone to know what topic they're looking at or who's profile they're viewing.

Ohmigod. I hate that latest visitors thing on profiles so much. It makes me have to spend a lot of time thinking really hard about whether or not I open someone's profile because I don't want to risk seeming like a stalker. This should not be something I need to think about.

• Brohoof 2

Ohmigod. I hate that latest visitors thing on profiles so much. It makes me have to spend a lot of time thinking really hard about whether or not I open someone's profile because I don't want to risk seeming like a stalker. This should not be something I need to think about.

You can just hover over someone's name at the bottom of the Community Index/Homepage thingy, and it'll tell you what topic they're viewing or whose profile they're viewing, too  :wacko: It kinda makes me uncomfortable. I dunno why they took it away, to be honest. They used to have it accessible to everyone, and another forum I'm one that uses the same software as this one allows members to use it, and from my knowledge, it doesn't really get in the way with moderation at all. Dunno why they took it away :confused:

Edited by ghostfacekiller39

You can just hover over someone's name at the bottom of the Community Index/Homepage thingy, and it'll tell you what topic they're viewing or whose profile they're viewing, too 

Why did you have to say this?! I could have gone through life blissfully ignorant of this.  :(

• Brohoof 1

Why did you have to say this?! I could have gone through life blissfully ignorant of this.  :(

Yeahh, I know this feel. I think the only way it can be summed up is this famous line from the show being said in multiple languages.

I've been thinking of making a topic in the Feedback and Suggestions section about this, but I'm hesitant to do so because I'm worried it'll end up just being a pillow fight between myself and the staff or something :please:

When someone adds you, then uses the fact they added you to add another person on your friends list and then they both remove you and stop talking to you.

Also when someone doesn't respond to a PM I sent a week ago when they've been on the whole time in between now and then.

• Brohoof 1

I've been thinking of making a topic in the Feedback and Suggestions section about this, but I'm hesitant to do so because I'm worried it'll end up just being a pillow fight between myself and the staff or something :please:

I think I'll do that now. Us neurotic users need to have each others backs... except when we don't want someone having our back because of our neuroses.

• Brohoof 2

I'll try just to say ones that no one else has said. Keep in mind though that despite my nitpicks, I do love this forum ;)

It bugs me when I look at the recent topics and half of them are about "anti-bronies" and/or fandom drama. If I wanted to be bombarded with that every time I opened my laptop, I'd just spend all my time on tumblr. This is supposed to be a safe haven from those who would attack us, I think, and we shouldn't be pulling in the ghosts of their presence.

It also bugs me when people get really serious about liking/hating the previous gens. The arguments always feel really unnecessarily aggressive, and I don't see why anyone would care so much about whether or not someone else does or doesn't like a series.

There are also some nasty people, bigots, etc, but it's not as if you can go anywhere where that can be avoided. You just have to hope you'll be able to find the good ones :3

• Brohoof 2

I dont like having to post enough times to get upgrades cause i mean i could just go to Chicken smoothie and I

could do that stuff there, but I have to make like 40 posts to unlock and i can get pets on Chicken smoothie so right now Chicken smoothie sound like a better option!!!! *sigh* it was good to get that off my chest.

Edited by Ness

My biggest pet peeve is  those asinine "What" threads.

Example:

"What breed of dogs would MLP characters be?"

That's only the latest in a long line of really stupid threads. It makes no sense at all. I was once going to post one just to prove how dumb they were. "What If your favorite pony was a car, would they be gas, diesel or electric?" but was afraid people would think I was serious!

Maybe I should really make one

"What if a character in NCIS said the word twilight once to describe the time of death?"

"What if Twilight Sparkle ate a salad in "Twilight Time"

"What if something totally random that makes absolutely no sense your favorite pony?"

My biggest pet peeve is  those asinine "What" threads.

I think they're the inevitable result of the long season hiatus. We're officially scraping the bottom of the barrel that is Sugarcube Corner.

• Brohoof 3

When I give out my opinion on something.

And when some people think my opinion is wrong and they assume that there is no reason behind it.

And they call me an idiot without even countering my opinion.

Yes, this actually happens.

Edited by Emerald Starlight
  • Brohoof 4

When I give out my opinion on something.

And when some people think my opinion is wrong and that there is no reason behind it.

And they call me an idiot without even countering my opinion.

Yes, this actually happens.

AKA, posting anything in the unpopular opinions thread.

• Brohoof 4

I have one major pet peeve. The file size limits for avatars, profile backgrounds, and signatures are just way too small. (255kb?! What is this, 1994?!?)

That's another thing I find grating, but in all honesty, I kinda feel as if it's being skimmed low on purpose to encourages donations to help with the site's funding, since they all get like, doubled in size limit with donor status :please: I think the non-donor file sizes can stand to be a bit enlarged, though, since whether I am right or wrong about them being skimmed on purpose, the non-donor sizes are just straight up frustrating due to their size, or lack thereof.

• Brohoof 1

(Woops quoted wrong one, sorry ghosty, really meant for Andaasonsan)

HA!... I looks at your profile!!!

I'm not sure of all that works the same for us mobile users

Speaking of which, that's the one thing that bothers me is the limitations on the things us mobile users can do in the forums

I can however switch between the two but it's awkward

Edited by Argumedies

People change their username and avatar willy-nilly, making it hard to mentally keep track of who is who, and who said what before.

(And I'm aware of the irony that I changed my username and avatar for Christmas, but my username change is just two letters, and the avatar is the same OC in a different pose.)

• Brohoof 2

The only pet peeve that I can think of is the status updates. I used to get them every five seconds, tricking me into thinking I had a notification for a reply or brohoof, so I disabled them.

Other than that, I can't really think of anything that annoys me -- at least at the moment!