Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Physical Attractiveness or Personality?

Vox

Both are important to me. Like, you don't have to be the hottest guy on earth but I at least have to have SOME physical attraction towards you. 

Good personality makes people more attractive too though. I've met somebody who I wasnt really attracted to physically, only to get to know them better and find them super attractive! Sometimes it takes time.

• Brohoof 2

Physical is neccesary in my opinion of how i like a boy but obviusly if he is an idiot i wont be with him. Same inverse, if someone is  a good friend i would prefer him as a friend (happened more than once, friends that started acting weird)

• Brohoof 1

It just so happens that I'm with somepony who possesses both qualities.  You braggin' on me? x3  She's no trophy.  Though I do have a few of my own.  And, while it's very little to do with me (I'm just your average schlub), I am proud of her and inexpressibly glad.

Personality is attractive.  While I haven't any romantic interest in them, it's not as though all other mares all hideous and repellant. xD  Though I certainly do find Rainbow more physically attractive, her personality is irresistibly magnetic.  I love her with my eyes, but I love her, too, with my heart.  The latter is - and always has been - important to me.

Physical attractiveness is slightly more important to me and like what others have mentioned on here previously that is nothing to be ashamed of. By no means am I saying physical attractiveness is the only one of the two that is important; personality is hugely important and in most cases personality can either enhance one's attractiveness or ruin it completely. There are attractive and repulsive personality traits; those with attractive personality traits are obviously more worthy of pursuit. For me there should be a fair balance of physical attractiveness and personality. People should feel comfortable being both emotionally and physically intimate with their partner. Compatibility and intimacy go hand in hand in just about every long-lasting marriage. I should also add that confidence is able to make most people, even those with average or below-average appearances, very sexy. It helps so keep that in mind. Cheers.

Personality, because in the end it is that quality with which you will fall in love with and possibly spend the best years of your life with.

I'm reminded of that old meme of the horribly disfigured burn victim that says "Well, at least I still have my personality.". 

I've got to have both. We could have perfectly compatible personalities but if there is no physical attraction, a romantic relationship is not going to happen. Likewise, if I hear nails on a chalkboard every time she opens her mouth, it doesn't really matter how good looking she is. 

That said, I would rather have a nice 5 than a ditzy 10, so in that sense I guess personality would rate higher on the relationship importance scale.

(edited)

Serious relationship... PHAH! I'd better go and take a vow of celibacy, or something to not spoil anyone's life...

Oh, right, the question. If we're talking about SERIOUS relationship, like family, then, of course, personality is the priority.
Otherwise... our mind mostly has primitive priorities when it comes to building relationships, sadly...

Edited by ShadeRover

I'm probably a bit different from the norm, but...

For relationships, personality is the only thing that matters: I don't really care about how someone looks, so long as we get along well. On the other hand, I prefer someone attractive for sex (for obvious reasons). Unlike most people, however, I've found these two things to be discrete categories-- I can be in a relationship without a desire for sex, and I can have sex with no relationship at all (also include the middle grounds).

I've never been in a relationship before. Ever. Still, I've fallen in love before so naturally I like both Physical Appearance and Personality.

personality, and i actually dont just say that.

My only relationship so far wouldn´t have happened if i wouldnt have gotten to know my girlfriend´s personality over douzens of conversations.(i am saying this because i´ve known her from looking for years, but never payed much attention to her)

That´s also one of the reasons why the concept of dating, or "picking up girls" or other methods sound horrible to me, i cant fall in love with random people from the street.

I'd say both are important to me, though obviously personality is what matters most. Physical attractiveness is there for you to not hesitate to want to kiss your partner or cuddle with them lovingly, it's pretty much the first thing we all judge a person by so it is at least a little important ^_^

• Brohoof 1

For me, I would have to get to know the person before figuring out whether they are physically attractive or anything.  Sure I might think some guy/girl has a nice butt or pretty eyes but that doesn't necessarily mean I'm attracted to them.  If I'm comfortable with their personality, everything else falls into place.

• Brohoof 1

It is a mixture of both for me. Of course I would want someone that has a nice personality, that is a given, but I also have some expectations on appearance too. Not like 'I demand you like like this!' but more of just preference. I am pretty sure that is human nature. 

• Brohoof 1