Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Physical Attractiveness or Personality?

Vox

Hmm...I honestly value both in a romantic partner but in a platonic friendship, personality is #1. I could care less what you look like. 

For a friend, the only thing that matters is personality. If you're having fun together it doesn't matter what either of you look like.

For relationships I'd be a little more picky physically, but personality is obviously still the main thing. For example, I wouldn't date someone who's horribly overweight or can't keep themselves clean. Basically just all the controllable stuff.

For me, although I do like my attractive men as much as the next, well, gay guy, but personality ends up mattering to me a heck of a lot more. :) I really like nice guys, and kindness has a way of just turning me on, in the ROMANTIC sense. I'm not talking sexual stuff here, because you know PG13. :sealed:

• Brohoof 1

Both are important in equal measure for different reasons in my opinion.

Personality is what keeps a relationship going. Whilst attractiveness is what first draws you to a person, it's personality that keeps the two of you together. 

• Brohoof 1

• 4 weeks later...
(edited)

For me, personality has the high ground. Being with someone physically attractive is great and all, but personality is the thing which keeps a connection going. If you don't have that, then your relationship may have a few holes in it.

Edited by Kaibah

• 1 month later...

It pretty much comes down to personality and being on the same wavelength for me. If that's missing, then it doesn't matter if they're pleasing to the eye or have been beaten with the ugly stick. On the receiving end, all I have right now is my personality to attract others. I mean good luck with falling for a girl on appearance and looks alone when they're trapped as a boy. Fortunately, I haven't suffered the awkwardness of someone falling for my male appearance. Really not sure how I would handle that situation. :yeahno:

• Brohoof 3

Yes, a good look is attractive. I am going with that.

Now, however, I haven't seen or known a single physically attractive person that is on the same page as me when it comes to personality or interests.

To not upset someone:

Spoiler

I sometimes refer good looking and attractive people as "DNA people". Mostly as a joke though.

I answered this thread before, but here I go again saying the same things I did a while back.

Personality is a very important thing for me when it comes to men. I mean yeah, physical aspects have a degree of importance (particularly in a certain region of the body I won't talk about ;)), but I really like men that treat me well, and men that in general have good personalities I can get behind. I love the kind of smart, quite nice, and a little goofy, but still very much imperfect guys, like my boyfriend. :wub:  And admittedly sort of like @Renegade the Unicorn, but don't tell my BF that. :secret:

I mean I guess if it were in better shape I could say that my physical appearance could turn some heads and maybe even make some guys think about me, but of course I'm not. My boyfriend says I'm really cute and hot, but it seems like he really loves me because of who I am. I really like the latter a lot more than the former, but I'll admit making some guys, maybe even "straight" guys, look at me with that "ooh that's hot stuff"  when I walk by would really be something... :blush:

Ain't gonna suger coat it, but physical attracts me. I have particular preference on a person and sometime can tell if she is a good person or not just by looking  at them. I would just get that "vibe". Good personality for me is a bonus. im picky not gonna lie and its hard for me as well to fall for someone because of it. But I'm not in a rush either since i couldn't care less about being in relationship atm.

• Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, Lucky Bolt said:

In romantic relationships, both are equally important to me. 

In platonic relationships, a good personality is all I look for. 

EQUALLY important?  So superficial:P

I say about 70-30 personality to looks.

• Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, Lucky Bolt said:

In romantic relationships, both are equally important to me. 

In platonic relationships, a good personality is all I look for. 

So superficial... I say romantically speaking it's kind of 85-15 for me. I'm attracted to nice guys... In more ways than one ;)

18 minutes ago, Misty Breeze said:

EQUALLY important?  So superficial:P

I say about 70-30 personality to looks.

7 minutes ago, Angus Delaney said:

So superficial... I say romantically speaking it's kind of 85-15 for me. I'm attracted to nice guys... In more ways than one ;)

What can I say. I got standards :nom::P

personality is a big one for me but i would be lying if i said that i don't consider looks too.  I really prefer someone that is not going to be for my own detriment being that mental or instinctual physical preference.