Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Physical Attractiveness or Personality?

Vox

1 hour ago, ShadOBabe said:

My opinion on a person will take a huge nosedive if they have a crappy personality. Doesn’t matter how hot they are.

You know what? I find people hot when they have a great personality. The word hot might mean different things to different people.

Just now, Splashee said:

You know what? I find people hot when they have a great personality. The word hot might mean different things to different people.

Okay, “physically attractive” then. But you’re right.

• Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...

depends on what is your purpose on searching for other people if you are just looking for eye candy then the personality doesnt really matter. If you  are looking for more commitment and companionship then it is more important that the personality matches with you 

• 10 months later...
  • 2 years later...

In a way, I think both are equally important. You have to be attracted to both their looks AND their personality. Since everyone has different types and such, you really shouldn't take it peronally if someone (respectfully) turns you down.

• Brohoof 1

Personality. I am not interested in anything personal. It's kinda unfortunate, though. That some of my friends were disappointed in me, because they were interested in more. While I just wanted friendship. But they had to ruin the ideal. And then, you cannot help but to look at these people with... disappointment.

You see, I am two in one. I am the very essence of narcissism. I look at my own reflection on the lake and see my beautiful sister within myself. We are together. She is always with me, and I am always with her. We are one. Which is what makes me so very, very volatile.

• Brohoof 1

Personality is content and appearance is just cover art, so to speak. I can read a book without a cover on it and still enjoy a good story. But I do think people should make an effort to keep themselves presentable. Attractiveness is in the eye of the beholder but comeliness and taking good care of one’s self physically is important because it cultivates a healthy mind as well as a healthy body.

1 minute ago, Dreambiscuit said:

Personality is content and appearance is just cover art, so to speak. I can read a book without a cover on it and still enjoy a good story. But I do think people should make an effort to keep themselves presentable. Attractiveness is in the eye of the beholder but comeliness and taking good care of one’s self physically is important because it cultivates a healthy mind as well as a healthy body.

That's so true, Dreamy. :wub::mlp_smug:

• Brohoof 1

I really don't care, it's also narrow minded to believe that just because someone is attractive they will be shallow and short sighted, just as it is to believe all wealthy people are greedy monsters that have done nothing to earn or deserve their fortune. In the case of relationships, loyalty is the ONLY thing that ultimately matters to me, yes it is somewhat important to have a sexual chemistry so that your partner can feel appreciated and fulfilled by your companionship, but it's like I believe there is a huge difference between "making love" and "having sex", one is binded to sentimental, emotional and psychological obligations and it's an attraction we can have to someone through time spent indulging their personality, understanding who and what they really are as an individual, and sometimes you can just love someone so much it makes you sexually aroused. Having sex just means someone elses sexual organs, physique and or our own self relative perversions have made us horny enough to screw around with someone under shallow pretenses, and the huge problem with this, is entire relationships are built off of it, "oh I'd have sex with them, we're both attractive enough, it makes sense if we were together." Doomed to FAIL, a lot of people's first relationships are built off codependency, sexual infatuation, and obsession, these individuals haven't had enough experience yet to understand what it takes to love someone or how it starts happening, and some people go their entire life without ever knowing, convincing themselves complacent misery is happiness or that they are living their best life because their life is modeled after someone else pretending to be happy... They just "didn't want to look like a loser for being a loner", nah they just want to be an objective loser, that of time, that of opportunity, that of potential, even of a lot of money in most cases, because they tried to force themselves to be happy in a relationship that has no actual chemistry, just a mutual attraction that's faded over time, and an exhausting lack of personal interest after really knowing each other from having their "relationship" modeled off of "vain competition" from comparing their relationship to that of others... No true love is ever the same in any two relationships, but attraction and goals, they are the same all the fucking time.... 

A strong, healthy relationship is meant to give you security and confidence, not make you insecure and jealous, this is your reasoning for "confiding" in them to begin with. However in 3/4 of these relationships people have initially presented themselves to their partner as someone convenient/ideal for them to be with, when the truth couldn't be further from that. They have hid who they truly are, their insecurities, their fears, their vulnerabilities, these are things you SHARE with the ones you can love and TRUST. You tried to sell yourself to a partner just as many people try to illegitimately sell themselves to an employer for an opportunity... And after you have TRUTHFULLY got to know them, they turn out to be a whole lot less ideal, and turn into a stressor, a cause for paranoia, a constant instigator, and you stay together out of mutual insecurity and fear that tie into a sense of "familiarity", a lot of people have a lot more in common with victims of an abusive relationship than they think, some people just accept mutual psychological abuse as a normal part of an adult relationship, when in actual love that couldn't be any further from the truth...

Edited by Spook Conundrum
  • Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...

Both. Anyone, despite their looks, can be physically attractive as long as they take care of themselves. If you have a great personality but bad personal hygiene it's an instant no no. However I have my preferences when it comes to looks but what can I do about it? This is how we humans were created to think