Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How can you use "Brony Code" to find out if the person your talking to is brony?

Goodra

Stroll in wearing a big giant duster trench coat with a cowboy hat across your eyes. Swing the door open and slowly step toward the counter making sure every bootstep thuds throughout the entire store. Then once you get to counter pull up your hat and say, "Ponyville ain't big enough for the both of us... but maybe if you like the show..?"

• Brohoof 7

I got a goooooood one, a nice thing is that you can say this to them when their working even, here it is:

Dose this game contain sonic rainbooms?

I got a goooooood one, a nice thing is that you can say this to them when their working even, here it is:

Dose this game contain sonic rainbooms?

Brilliant!!

A shirt of some sort is best, or if you don't have one, try singing a song! :)

I find that inserting brony phrases into conversations makes the conversation very awkward if the other person isn't a brony.

"have you seen Twilight? I love it when Edward Sparkles

My good sir, if I heard someone say THAT, I would punch them in the face, love and tolerance be damned. >.<

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

I use words like "nope" and "yep" in my speech, which sound very unusual in my native language. And I do "yeping/noping" in Big Mac's style. So, if somepony hear me, he can be sure that he found an another brony.

But there is no a problem just to ask "are you a brony?", if there are suspicions.

Edited by Todash

My boyfriend, friends and I usually sing MLP songs in the hallways and through the mall and stuff. I'll also wear MLP shirts, play MLP songs, go ga-ga over MLP toys, and just talk about it. I say "eeyup" and "nope" a lot, as well as other pony references. x)

My ringtone is Winter Wrap-Up 8 Bit, but for some reason it won't work. :c sadpony.

• Brohoof 1

I think that trying to say phrases from the show would just make for awkward situations, specifically if they aren't bronies.

A shirt would probably be the simplest solution.

I've seen some shirts that simply say "Everfree". I think all Bronies would recognize it and unless someone else has actually watched a good bit of the show, they most likely wouldn't get it.

One of these shirts, if you can find one would do the job best I think.

Humming, whistling or even singing one of the songs form the show should work nicely as well.

Stroll in wearing a big giant duster trench coat with a cowboy hat across your eyes. Swing the door open and slowly step toward the counter making sure every bootstep thuds throughout the entire store. Then once you get to counter pull up your hat and say, "Ponyville ain't big enough for the both of us... but maybe if you like the show..?"

... Or I suppose you could try this, assuming you have a duster and hat.

(edited)

"Hey, I heard that this game is pretty cool, but this one over here is 20% cooler. What's you take on it?"

"I heard that this game was a great buy, so I rushed here... in 10 seconds flat."

"Everypony tells me that you guys sell gift cards, where can I get one for my friend?"

"Can somepony here help me find the game <NAME OF GAME YOU CRAVE>"

Basically, slip in only one reference at a time. Hearing "20% cooler" or "10 seconds flat will get them perked up, so if they seem to notice those references, start throwing in a few "Somepony" or "Everypony"s here and there. It's what I do when I'm not sure, and I can generally find out during a conversation, in 10 seconds flat (so to say).

EDIT: and if they do seem to perk up at "[some|every]pony", but aren't flat out about being a Brony, end with a good old "Brohoof!".

Edited by Ashbad

One of these shirts, if you can find one would do the job best I think.

Welovefine has a lot of pony shirts(for both men and women). That's where I saw the Everfree shirt.

If I don't wanna giveaway the fact Im a brony, I might say something like: "You heard this show called My Little Pony Friendship is Magic? The show is very popular with teenage/adult guys."

Its probably not the best method, but I use it to see if they are aware of the show.

I want a solution, bumping this from yesterday :P

Anypony have an idea like "when does the narwhal bacon?" (BTW, if you know, you get kudos. :D) Cause even if it's really silly and kind of unnecessary, it's nice to have something that confuses people who don't get it.

• Brohoof 1

• 3 weeks later...

Why not try this very simple code phrase...

"Do you happen to like My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic"?

It works every time!

I rarely laugh alone, but when I saw your post I laughed... A LOT ^_^!

"Hey, I heard that this game is pretty cool, but this one over here is 20% cooler. What's you take on it?"

"I heard that this game was a great buy, so I rushed here... in 10 seconds flat."

"Everypony tells me that you guys sell gift cards, where can I get one for my friend?"

"Can somepony here help me find the game "

Basically, slip in only one reference at a time. Hearing "20% cooler" or "10 seconds flat will get them perked up, so if they seem to notice those references, start throwing in a few "Somepony" or "Everypony"s here and there. It's what I do when I'm not sure, and I can generally find out during a conversation, in 10 seconds flat (so to say).

EDIT: and if they do seem to perk up at "[some|every]pony", but aren't flat out about being a Brony, end with a good old "Brohoof!".

I'd suggest not using using the terms [X]pony, especially if you don't want others to know you're a brony: when someone who isn't a brony hears that, he/she will be puzzled because it isn't a "normal" word to use. Then he/she might search it on Google, and thus revealing that you're a brony.

I really liked the idea of humming/whistling the songs, it's a balanced way of telling other bronies that you're a brony :).

why would you be interested in knowing if a random person is a brony?

Probably to meet more bronies.
  • Brohoof 1