Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How do you imagine yourself in 1-2 years?

Kaela

I'll most likely still be living in the same town, but I can see myself either:

1. Working full-time someplace, have no idea where but most likely a typical first job type of place...I would LIKE to get a job at either Cracker Barrel, Petsmart, or Tractor Supply. Those are just the places I've been looking into.

2. Working part-time and going to college, either online or over in Ocala, FL. (This'll most likely be the case)

I should also have a truck too. Forget having a first car. Give me a first truck. 

And, hopefully I'll still be with my boyfriend. :P 

Edited by Lucky Bolt

Truth be told... I have no idea. :please: I suppose that's just how post-school life is; it just gets less and less predictable from here. Either way, while I don't have concrete plans in terms of career paths, I do plan on passing a few milestones along the road towards my 18th birthday:

1. Getting my learner's permit. The sooner I can drive autonomously, the sooner I can reach true independence.
  2. Getting a full-time job, with the hours that are permitted for minors. I graduated High School sooner than many, many other people out there; I would be foolhardy to not capitalize on this opportunity to accumulate a good amount of savings.
  3. Finally deciding which direction I want to go in terms of higher education (IE, College, Trade School, University, etc.). While I could feasibly attend any of the aforementioned programs at my age, I will be holding off until I have a more firm grasp on what I want to do, and have more money to spare.

That's as far as my predictions go, as of now. Like I said; I graduated High School earlier than most, which means I'll be entering the real world quite soon. It's an intimidating prospect, in all honesty... but if I play my cards right, I think I'll ultimately prevail. :grin:

2 hours ago, Lucky Bolt said:

I'll most likely still be living in the same town, but I can see myself either:

1. Working full-time someplace, have no idea where but most likely a typical first job type of place...I would LIKE to get a job at either Cracker Barrel, Petsmart, or Tractor Supply. Those are just the places I've been looking into.

2. Working part-time and going to college, either online or over in Ocala, FL. (This'll most likely be the case)

I should also have a truck too. Forget having a first car. Give me a first truck. 

And, hopefully I'll still be with my boyfriend. :P 

You'll still be with your boyfriend. And hopefully your boyfriend will be there with you geographically.

I'll be in Florida living close to if not with my girlfriend and working either on cars in some capacity or working as a truck driver.

1 hour ago, Cyclone 1066 said:

You'll still be with your boyfriend. And hopefully your boyfriend will be there with you geographically.

I'll be in Florida living close to if not with my girlfriend and working either on cars in some capacity or working as a truck driver.

Truck driver?? As in, eighteen wheelers? :wacko: Interesting...

I have a saying. When you can't feel tomorrow's presence in today, don't try and look for it. 

I am at a point in my life where the next steps are quite mysterious and unknown. My life is radically different now than I suspected it would be just four years ago. I have no idea where the next few years are going to take me, and that is both unnerving and exhilarating ... the last time I felt this was was in my early twenties. I haven't truly ever lived for myself as an adult, and as my kids are preparing to start to launch their own lives, and as I no longer share my life with a significant other ... learning how to do just that has been a curious experience for me. There is a sense of guilt, as if I am welcoming some form of hedonism into my life, and a reluctance to embrace any self-indulgent interests. 

What do I see for myself in a few years? I haven't a clue, and I have mixed feelings about that. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hmm lemme see, I foresee myself in an apartment with my sister and best friend, running a YouTube/Mixer channel, with a better job. Oh and me reapplying to for the Sheriff's Department. 

On 11/5/2014 at 8:52 AM, Snow Frostflame said:

I would have my High School diploma and try to save up as much money as I can before I move out 

Well you aren't far off younger me, in fact you practically hit the nail on the coffin. Only difference is this is nearly four years in the future rather than two, and you managed to get your diploma on time.

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Honestly, I either see myself working full-time or still working on getting my Bachelor's. Hopefully I'll be in the process of saving enough money to leave my country and settle elsewhere, maybe somewhere else in Europe or even North America. But basically my long term goal is to live somewhere other than here, see the world while I can. :mlp_smug: 

• 4 months later...

Probably making music. Am I going to be signed to a label? Realistically, no, especially not when I can simply distribute my own stuff on the internet through a netlabel. 

I don't care about fame or recognition so long as I make my music how I want to and make cash from it.

Hopefully maybe in two years we'll be living in New England. That's a big one, and right now financially things are not going so great, so it feels like a pipe dream at this point. But that's the way for my life to move forward and so I'm hoping.

Honestly, I don't really know. What I hope is that I'll have published some sort of game, be making a decent amount of money off of that, and be living in some apartment (probably in the Houston Metropolitan Area) with my boyfriend. I'd also be able to actually afford things for once too...

Of course though there's always the chance that my life won't have gotten anywhere or I'll have committed suicide or something.

More competent at my job since I think I'm learning quite a bit in just two months working. I might have saved up a sizable amount of cash by then -- hopefully enough to get a roof over my head. Also hoping to be engaged if not married at that time.

• 4 weeks later...

If you mean from this moment... in two years, I hope to be a woman full time and, preferably, in full stealth with at least one surgery behind me. Also hope to have advanced my IT career by then, moving from general tech to software development. And, hopefully, living with my boyfriend... and girlfriend (kinda have both).