Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What Do You Find Attractive?

halcyonharlot

I think I'd like anyone who loved me, took care of me and treated me as I wanted to be treated. Someone who makes me smile and makes life an adventure, you know?

If we go for physical traits, I'm not too picky but...

For guys I like someone who's bigger than me and is protective. Like a big brother you know? I tend to like effeminate guys more too

For girls, cute is justice! Short, fun, animated, I really like colored hair too!  I don't mind an aura of mystery too. Like, adorable and brings out the best of me but also is really strong deep down. That could take me somewhere far away in an instant. I, um, also don't mind if some bad rock n roll biker girl sweeps me off my feet and makes me her princess. X3

Rarity.

Actually she's not my usual type, not that I have a usual type, except I'm mostly attracted to girls who are shorter than me, which is most of them, and have a lot of appreciation for art, care about health and are fit, want to explore alternate states of consciousness, and being into MLP would be a great bonus. Also I love girls who do freestyle sports like skateboarding or juggling.

But what's really important is that they share my core values. They have to value freedom for everyone of all species and the health of the planet and they have to at least be supportive of me in my exploration of entheogens and in my art and everything I do to be healthy. That's about all that really matters.

Oh, and they have to be able to keep up with me. I like adventures and climbing things and all that and I'd want them to be at least fit enough to do that stuff with me.

Edited by BlankFlank777

I am attracted to girls. 

Those that aren’t clingy.  I like to be on my own sometimes, so someone who is willing to accept that.  

Someone that trusts me and someone I can trust.  The last girl I was with snuck into my phone sometimes.  I’m not tolerating that crap again.  Someone who can trust that when I come home late, it’s not cause I’m cheating.  I’ll trust you just the same!

Youthful mindset is attractive to me.  I don’t want the obnoxious kind of teenage (not referring to all teenagers as a whole btw) level immaturity, but I don’t want someone too afraid to have fun in fear it looks childish.   For example, if you can’t dress up for Halloween cause you think it’s too childish.  

Someone who supports my weirdness.  

Intelligence superior to my own is attractive to me, but isn’t a must in a relationship for me.  I love listening to smart people talk even when I can’t really keep up with what they’re talking about. 

People who are willing exercise with me.  I don’t care if you’re extremely fit or not,  the exercises don’t even have to be very vigorous, (I mostly just jog or walk)    but someone I can exercise with for 30 minutes-1 hour a day is an attractive trait.  

Edited by AppleButt
  • Brohoof 1

Hm. I would say for physical, I have a specific acquired taste, but  as long she looks cute, then that's good.I also find girls with different taste of fashion, the one who 'stands out', attractive. Otherwise I'd just end up seeing them as "blob."   As for personality wise, someone who's easy to talk to, kind, honest, supportive, understanding, funny, and at least have some same interests as me like; Anime, Harry Potter, Star wars or Doctor who. Which is which, it doesn't matter. 

I don't like clingy and nagging kind. Or who thinks their way is the only "best" way or complains without getting their shit together. 

12 minutes ago, Sunlight Glisten said:

Pizza. Cheese. Meat snacks. 

Jughead is that you? :dash:

a4YvLUTFDcIp_vfJgVULY8aNujZhZV1hxjp2pxq8

Well to put it into two categories . . .

Personality/Hobbies/Habits:

-Effeminate/girly. I like a woman who wears her femininity on her sleeve. Not that she can't like manly things as well or that she NEEDS to be a Princess. Just leaning more towards Rarity or Fluttershy rather than Rainbow Dash or Applejack if you catch my drift. (Although the cowgirl, Southern Belle thing also has its charms, not going to lie.) Such does NOT exclude girls with a more gothic sensibility as that can be a part of a sort of "dark lady" persona.

-Something to learn. I'd like it if we actually learned not just about one another but from one another. Maybe she has a perspective I didn't consider. Maybe I have something to teach her.

-Martial Arts. Not strictly necessary but would be a great bonus. There's something very appealing about a woman who can kick my ass. And it'd be a shared passion we both have that's both deeply personal, requires a lot of hands on physical contact, and constantly pushes us to be better.

-Intelligence. That is strictly necessary. Dumb is a total turnoff. Not that she has to know everything but I really appreciate women who are deeply knowledgeable. Especially if it's in a subject I'm not that smart in because then she has something to teach me.

-Teasing. Dear God, if there's one thing I learned from my only relationship thus far, it's that I like a girl who pops my monocle. Someone who just likes to flirt, but only with the one she's with. As it shows she has somethings that she doesn't share with everyone but does with those she loves. There's a level of trust there. And, I just liked the dynamic. She says something mildly scandalous, I blither in faux-shock, she laughs. :( . . . I miss that.

Physically:

-Not blonde. Not that blonde hair is unattractive. Just that I always have a thing for hair color other than it. Brunette, red head, especially black or raven hair.

-Long hair. I don't know what it is, but long hair on a woman just drives me nuts. We're talking like down to her back, Rapunzel hair. Especially if she wears it tied up and then lets it loose. https://i.imgur.com/4PmtSl9.gifv -or- https://i.imgur.com/5PBD6Pj.gif Pure seduction right there. This also covers big fros for black women. Speaking of which.

-Black women. Not like exclusively or anything. After having . . . something, I'm not sure what it was honestly, with a neighbor of mine (definitely felt like more than friendship) though, I just find them to be appealing on some level. (Said neighbor also was a fan of Classic literature so she already ticked my "intelligence" requirement.)

-Curvy. Inching up to a point that's getting a little uncomfortable for me to really dive into. I'll do my best. You know the song "Baby got Back?" Yeah switch that around to the "upper portion" of a woman's body and that's where my preference lies at. She doesn't need to be a supermodel or anything, just so long as what's up top is bigger than what's in the middle.

• Brohoof 1

Someone who’s relatively smallish. Like someone I can pick up and carry around. Which isn’t hard because I’m real tall. Obviously someone supa cute. I don’t go for people who are super hot personally but cute is definitely my thing. Someone who’s spunky and sassy. And someone cuddleable. 

Curves........ And I am not talking about cubic bezier curves here, but the lesser known one: quadratic bezier curves which are used in TrueType fonts.

9 hours ago, Super Splashee said:

Curves........ And I am not talking about cubic bezier curves here, but the lesser known one: quadratic bezier curves which are used in TrueType fonts.

Interesting way of putting it.

All in all, I'm attracted to someone who accepts me for who I am, doesn't judge me, and listens to my problems when I feel I need to vent them, and who isn't overly clingy. Someone who understands that even though I do have trouble with commitment at times, I am loyal to the end and will never, ever, cheat on you and at the end of the day you will always be the one I come home to. Someone I can trust just as equally. Someone who is able to put up with my emotionally unstable self. :adorkable:  Someone who understands I'm not the most romantic person around and frankly I'm not good at expressing...lovey dovey, things :mlp_gag: ...although sometimes you might be lucky enough to catch me showing my softy side towards you. You just have to be patient with me. And finally, someone who knows how to have fun, makes me laugh, is down to earth, and someone who's physically active (like myself). I don't find any attractiveness in a couch potato, sorry. :-P

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

For personality, there are a number of things. Disloyalty is a major turn-off. Yes, flirting is cheating, so stop pretending it's okay to do while in a relationship (I don't give second chances for stuff like that, even if they swear up and down to be a different person). I like complete honesty, even if it comes off as being blunt. I'd rather be told a hurtful truth so that I can fix the problem than live a lie and cause the other person unintentional harm. I don't find alcoholism or smoking attractive, and I'd probably consider those deal-breakers unless the other person is trying to stop.

As for less essential personality traits, an adventurous person who can drag me out of my room to go do shit is about the most attractive trait someone could have. I actually really love going out and doing stuff, I just have a problem with committing. If someone invites me to go out and do basically anything, I'll almost always say yes. The more fun and crazy, the better.

Someone who's capable and willing to take charge is really attractive. I'm really shy and definitely more of a follower than a leader, so I don't really have much to offer there.

I also kind of like clinginess. I know that annoys a lot of people, but I won't complain if someone wants to spend every second of the day together (within reason, of course. Don't follow me into the bathroom). A sense of humor is also great, but that would be wasted on me. I have the personality of a brick, and my own humor relies heavily on things happening around me.

I don't really consider physical traits to be a deal-breaker unless the person is morbidly obese or refuses to shower or something, and if the personality is right, I wouldn't care about how they look. Even so, it's still a nice to have, and I guess this thread is about what you find attractive, not what you look for in a partner.

I've always found red hair (natural ginger, not dyed) and lots of freckles to be really attractive. Being taller than me is also nice, but considering I'm 6'2, that's never gonna happen. I've always found glasses to be kind of cute, too. I don't mind a little pudge, either. Not necessarily overweight, but just a little squish in the tummy makes for good hugs. And I'm not super picky about curves, as long as it looks natural. Also, I love thighs.

That's a long list of things considering my personality is about a 3/10 and my looks are a 5/10, if we're being generous. I kind of gave up hoping because of that, so I'll just settle for seeing other couples with sad fondness and loving how cute they are together. Secondhand happiness is still happiness, even if it's not nearly as good, and it's tainted by the sting of knowing you'll never have the real thing.

Edited by Booker
  • Brohoof 3

• 1 year later...

I'm attracted to someone who can take care of herself. This manifests in the physical form as someone who can keep a clean living space, do their own chores, and generally be an adult. Taking care of yourself includes hygiene, and let me tell you, bad hygiene is not attractive at all. Obviously if we're living together we're splitting the chores, but if I'm away I don't want you to fall apart at the seams or starve to death. Taking care of yourself also means not being severely overweight or underweight, a severe alcoholic, or addicted smoker. Those things aren't deal breakers as long as you're not incurring any serious medical issues, but worrying about if you're going to have a heart attack or something is really stressful.

Of course "taking care of yourself" doesn't mean just physically surviving, you gain massive attractiveness points in my book if you're taking care of yourself socially as well. People with excellent friend groups are more attractive to me than loners; it means you're already socially accepted, outgoing, and probably very friendly in general. It means you have friends you can introduce me to, and that you won't be too closed off when I'm introducing you to my friends. It also means that I have to worry less about your mental health if we end up breaking up, knowing you've got excellent friends to fall back on.

And of course, taking care of yourself means taking care of your relationship with me. Communication is key here -- if something I do annoys or pisses you off, open that dialogue with me so we can hash out the details. And if I bring something up to you that I want changed, be open-minded and try to understand where I'm coming from. Understand that I want to work with you to overcome differences, not against you. And if you feel like we aren't compatible, don't be afraid to suggest we break up. Being single is far less problematic than prolonging a dying relationship.

Oh, um... I'm also only attracted to girls, because straight. That's not really something I'm willing to budge on.

Those are the important things for me... what else is there?

I suppose people want me to discuss my "type", what physical traits I find attractive. I personally don't have strong feelings about any of the following, nothing here is a deal-breaker, but if I were to shoot unrealistically high it'd probably be someone blonde, tall, with an eye color different from mine (dark brown), and athletic. Useful hobbies like playing an instrument, learning a new language, or some trade craft like sewing would be amazing as well.

That's pretty much it, other than what I've discussed already. So yeah.

Edited by Meson Bolt

• 2 weeks later...

Ngl Cringing a bit writing this x3

Physically (about boys)

Long hair,  prefer blonde

In decent shape

Brown eyes

Kind or soft face dont like the tough guy look

Great smile 😁

Personality

Doesnt get offended easily and can take a joke

Independent and not clingy or needy

Must have a softer side and enjoy hugs etc :toldya:

Speaks their mind,  if theres a problem tell it straight

Into sports an advantage but not a deal breaker

Caring and kind

Respect when i need space or time alone

Ofc all that doesnt matter i guess since tbe chances of me asking someone out are kinda zero 😂

• Brohoof 1

From looks: Taller than me (I'm like 163cm anyways), strong, manly, nice hair, nice teeth (they don't have to be like perfectly straight, just good hygiene), overall healthy, and I think I only like guys older than me because they're a lot cooler
From personality: Being funny is really important, smart and knows about a bunch of different topics, loyal, open-minded, kind, has hobbies or interests he likes to do, likes to have fun, likes music, traveling, and food 

• Brohoof 2

From looks: Shorter than me (I'm 189-190cm so 99.9% of women fall into this category), feminine, nice hair, nice teeth (they don't have to be like perfectly straight, just good hygiene), overall healthy, and I think I only like girls younger than me because they're a lot cooler

From personality: Laughing at my jokes is really important, smart and knows/likes learning about a bunch of different topics, loyal, open-minded, kind, has hobbies or interests she likes to do, likes to have fun, likes music, traveling, and food

• Brohoof 2

Moments ago, daviddaviddavid said:

From looks: Shorter than me (I'm 189-190cm so 99.9% of women fall into this category), feminine, nice hair, nice teeth (they don't have to be like perfectly straight, just good hygiene), overall healthy, and I think I only like girls younger than me because they're a lot cooler

From personality: Laughing at my jokes is really important, smart and knows/likes learning about a bunch of different topics, loyal, open-minded, kind, has hobbies or interests she likes to do, likes to have fun, likes music, traveling, and food

Flagged for copyright 

• Brohoof 1

• 1 year later...

Being bisexual, I am attracted to boys and girls. But what attracts me changes depending on the gender

Fluttershy is everything I like in a girl. She's shy, she's cute, she has a good heart and personality, and I especially love to picture her as being super small and fragile, which make her even hotter to me (I know a lot of people like to imagine her as being super tall, but that just disturbs me. I'm sorry)

4c6.png.258c445e820da942f18d49d88a57437d.pngfluttershy_in_socks_by_uliks_uliks_darmjn3-fullview.png.b88594f9a1001b9e111cc3854187fd14.png

Marble Pie is also very attractive to me. Just looking at her makes me blush slightly. I especially like Marble's mane. It looks very strokable. Some of my friends think it's dumb that I think these two are hot, but I can't help myself

172-1720999_marble-pie-sitting-catface-vector-by-arifproject-marble-tagged.thumb.png.3bd96ff20949e2ce2c10be01166137b3.pnge9e8d21d98c971d5f30285ff276b59d9--marble-pie-cute-hair.thumb.jpg.e33fad84e3e7484d683c94efd1e4a561.jpg

Another thing I like in a woman is the type that's petite and maybe a little chubby, like what I imagine Pinkie Pie is like. Just looks very squeezable, and her mane looks very snugglable.

pinkie_pie_is_cute_by_cloudyglow_de02ohg-pre.thumb.png.c8f8a586985c04cc7c61ba733a5388cd.pngddcm1i1-1bd814b4-7fd2-4732-be9c-1c4eb7b4ebe4.png.2a63fef616a161595abf71540271aa1c.png

Rainbow Dash is a great example to what I'm NOT attracted to when it comes to women. I don't like a girl who's so "I'm NoT cUtE!" or tsunderish. It's just very annoying to me. She can be cute sometimes sure, but attractive? Never (At least to me)

dav0o4u-7e0e41e9-0adc-4689-97b5-14a50b230b9e.png.5c38c3685e6e40241184fef8919acb5c.pngpost-34613-0-74255400-1437612765.png.a2cf3e0be8d379a9bbc781a3f06a5bfe.png

When it comes to boys, I like the exact opposite. I'm attracted to a bit strong man. One that can hold and protect me. So I'd like 63 Applejack or Rainbow Blitz.

applejack_rule_63_by_dragonchaser123_d7vf0xt-fullview.png.474ea194432e89fcdf772f68b13d9131.pngdfl2prh-592cf755-9b74-4212-a0b9-7a899f3110de.png.c6500b42c268f330f4c297485af3a999.png

Being attracted to these sometimes makes me feel pathetic, but I don't care. I know what I like and it makes me happy.

ddcdw26-68b4dd79-5f72-44b7-ae84-2d18a81238ed.png

Edited by FlutterIsBestAlicorn
because

Goths, yessss. I live and die for goth dudes and gals. Other than that I don't know, I feel like that's the only real aesthetic "type" I have.

Personality wise, I could probably write paragraphs. But I'll keep it simple, someone kind, who isn't afraid to show they care. Sassy but not to the point it's tiring to be around them. Gotta like animals obviously. Open minded and not too judgemental.

Those are just a few ideal qualities ofc, can't expect someone to be all of those things. Which I feel is important to keep in mind :)

I find all of you attractive. :toldya:

But in all seriousness...

I won't go into physical features because that's personal, they can fluctuate from person to person, and because I honestly tend to fall for someone's personality way before I admire anything about their appearance.

In no particular order, I am attracted to someone:

• ...who is an all natural, cis-gendered female. I would still be friends with any other kind of female, just wouldn't be attracted to them. Sorry~ :twi:
  • ...with a big, caring heart and is generally easy going. Can't be judgmental, super emotional, or gets easily jealous/paranoid. If I am going to be with someone, they need to be mentally mature, not mentally immature.
  • ...who is generally happy and tries to see the best in the world or the potential for goodness that we all have.
  • ...who is kind, but not gullible or has time for nonsense. Do no take mistake their kindness for weakness.
  • ...who is educated. Smarts art hot.
  • ...who is secretly a big fat nerd and has fun just being nerdy and derpy. Like me~! :muffins:
  • ...who is not defined by one label or one set of similar labels. The kind of lady that can be athletic or hard working one minute, then traditionally feminine or stunningly gorgeous the next. The kind of lady that can adapt to just about any situation or environment, can hang with just about any crowd, etc.
  • ...who has no desire to drink alcohol or do drugs. Cause I don't, and I refuse to date anyone who does them. No offense to anyone who does, you live your life, I just don't want it in mine.

Doesn't mean I would date someone who has ALL of those qualities. I don't even have all of those myself. But I do find those qualities admirable and attractive. :rarity: