Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

The Coffee Pony

I'm surprised I haven't seen this one yet but here we go!!! A thread for people who are fans of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles whether they be fans of the comics, the '87 cartoon, the '03 cartoon, the new cartoon, the movie trilogy, the '07 TMNT movie, the games like the arcade game and Turtles in Time

...er...Michael Bay's Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles....Ninja Turtles the Next Mutation....Coming out of our Shells- Ah hell I'm just scraping the bottom of the barrel at this point. >_>

SO DISCUSS AWAY! Eat some pizza and for the love of all that holy do not mention Venus de Milo to Peter Laird.

• Brohoof 2

I liked the 2003 Ninja Turtles show. It was one of the only shows on 4kids that was good. I haven't seen much of the 80's show. And the 2012 Nickelodeon show is alright. I haven't seen the movies. The new Micheal Bay one I have no interest in.

• Brohoof 4

I'm a pretty big fan of the new show. I've always been a big Turtle fan in fact. Nickelodeon does a great job (other examples are: Rabbids Invasion, Legend of Korra, and Penguins of Madagascar). The whole Krang-Oroku Saki storyline is what I enjoy most. Mikey is always fun to watch too.  :wub:

• Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...
(edited)

FINALLY!!

Good News guys, after nearly two months, the show is finally coming out of it's hiatus next Sunday. The Turtles will also be returning to New York on the 25th so that's some more good news right there. I mean the last six episodes were fun and all but I think it's about time they finally got back over there.

Edited by The Coffee Pony
  • Brohoof 1

TMNT was my first fandom..... :(  I still love the show,  mostly

the 03 cartoon and the old movies just hit a note in me!  The deep

bound of the brothers,  the love of their father and what they had

to over come in Shredder and other foes always made me love em

but also the 03 April become my fav female just for befriending

the Turtles and doing what she could in the mix of best friend/older sister!

Also they where ninjas and I love anything with a Japanese flare....

(LEO IS BEST TURTLE!)

• Brohoof 1

Unfortunately I didn't start loving the turtles until the 2007 movie ^_^ That's when I fell in love with Mikey :lol::wub: Funny thing because I know for a fact we had the first ever TMNT movie on VHS when I was a toddler, but since we gave it to my grandma I never watched it again :(

After that, I hadn't watched any turtles for a long time ^_^ Then when I heard about the Nickelodeon show I decided to check it out, especially after hearing that Greg Cipes, my VA crush, was playing my fav turtle :wub: I really enjoy watching the series and it's definitely a great way to rejuvenate my turtle love :lol:

I have yet to see the Michael Bay movie, but I am very VERY cautious about it ^_^ The designs of the turtles alone raise up some red flags :eww:

(edited)

I have yet to see the Michael Bay movie, but I am very VERY cautious about it ^_^ The designs of the turtles alone raise up some red flags :eww:

Michael Bay didn't direct it, Jonathan Liebesman did but anyway, can't really defend the turtles' Shrek-ish designs nor some of the decisions made (those regarding April, the Turtles' origin and the Foot SOLDIERS) but the movie itself is fun watch for the turtles themselves. Their personalities are spot-on and they make the movie fun to watch.

We actually watched it on the Equestria.TV Movie Night a couple of weeks ago, the general view is it actually wasn't that bad. Mind you TMNT fans tend to be split down the middle when it comes to this movie so you might like it, you might not.

Used to like old TMNT cartoons, watch 2003 cartoon, as well other verison and 2007 movie but not much into it. But really big into New TMNT Cartoon, it great and great new theme, do like 2003 cartoon theme also.

Edited by AdamBurt

I watched the 2003 show a lot growing up. It was a pretty rad show in my opinion. The original cartoon is cool, but I haven't seen much of it. I'm not very interested in the 2012 version, but it looks decent. I'm just so used to the 2003 version. Everything seems perfect in it to me. I didn't mind the turtles appearing to be "pumped with steroids" since it was the first version that I saw. It seemed fine to me.

(edited)

I got a question for all of you TMNT fans

Yes?

And for those who haven't seen the new show, give it a shot, it's actually really good.

(And it definitely helps get through the great Pony Drought XD)

I've been a TMNT fan since I was a toddler.

I still catch myself humming the '87 series theme song from time to time.

Personally, I love the 2012 series. It's the perfect blend of the humor from the 1987 series and the serious storytelling of the 2003 series.

Plus, Splinter is a bigger badass than ever. He's like rat Batman.

As for the Bay-bomination, it had a lot of potential, all of which was squandered by abysmal storytelling, a complete disregard for anything resembling canon, and a suspicious lack of Casey Jones.

Also, Raphael is Best Turtle.

I think the 80's series will always hold top rankings in my heart, mainly because I watched it during a 3 month hospital stay when I was 6.  Shows like MLP, Muppet Babies, TMNT, etc got me through the toughest period of my life. 

• 4 weeks later...