Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming New Blizzard game: "Overwatch!"

Floris

So Blizzard announced a new title!

Overwatch

Here are the cinematic and gameplay trailers!

Cinematic

Gameplay (MUST WATCH!)

So what is everyone's response to this? I as a "veteran" TF2 player am very hyped for this.. Looks like a total next gen. TF2 but with so much more things added into it.

Some moba-ish style abilities have been added and every character looks, acts and seems to play very differently from the other, I also laughed at the Hearthstone bit.

Thoughts?

Edited by Floris
  • Brohoof 4

It looks like a next-gen TF2, with MOBA heroes. 

These are my thoughts precisely.

I've been thinking about the possibilities and a PvE mode with these charaters/gameplay could be very engaging and fun.

Besides that the PvP will be a blast anyways from the looks of it. 

I'm really excited for this! I think Blizzard could do well in the team-based FPS market! I love the character designs, the abilities look great, and it's made by one of my favorite companies. This is one game that will be hard, but not impossible, for them to screw up.

I recently signed up for Beta for this game. I can't wait!

Should we have a discussion on who is gonna main who?

I'm at a Tie between playing as Mercy, Bastion, Zenyatta, or Widowmaker.

The cinematic kinda reminded me of a Dreamworks animation or something.

Now that I think of it. This could totally be a movie.  :D

I'm pretty excited for the game, not gonna lie.

I love TF2 but playing on the same dirt and gravel maps are starting to get boring.

I hope this game doesn't ask for a subscriptions or anything. Because this is definitely going to replace TF2 in my game library.

The hype train has started!

• 10 months later...

Though it's been almost a year, the hype is starting to rise even more for this game. Beta's coming on the 27th, and I'm keeping my fingers crossed for the Closed. It's about time this was resurrected anyways, because this upcoming game kinda deserves some attention considering how polished and interesting it looks.

It looks like a First Person MOBA but OMG does Tracer ever act, speak, and play amazingly!!!!

I can see myself playing as McCree or Roadhog a lot, actually. They both seem insanely fun to play as.

I'm rather hyped for this. And I know it will be good as Blizzard can't release a bad game. Like, I don't remember a genuinely bad Blizzard title. Some would argue Diablo III but I still believe that was a good game, it just didn't live up to being as good as the 2nd one but was a good game non-the-less. 

So, I'm not even worried, I'll be playing this, and i know I'll be loving it. It seems like a fun concept so far, kind of Team Fortress-y.

Edited by TheLonelySpectre

If they could possibly reveal a new character before Beta release, this would be even better. So far, we got a new map called Dorado. It sounds like a pretty cool map, but right now I prefer Numbani as my favorite map so far.