Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open A match made in Chaos [Romance, Mystery, Random. IC]

The Shadow Stallion

Renegade sensed Wolf's sarcasm, and responded with some of his own. "O brave new world, that has such ponies in it." His tone conveyed a sense of jealousy and lust towards Wolf. "So, how are you?" he asked Wolf, his tone still very much bitter and cold. He had a look of disgust, which he directed towards Shadow.

Shadowknight was confused. First this mare came over to sit by him and now the stallion he had met earlier was glaring at him as if he had just stolen something. "There is no need to be so hostile, we are all for the same reason, aren't we?" Shadowknight asked this calmly. He was still nervous by the presence of the mare and didn't blame her for scooting away from him when he had pulled his hood up. Shadowknight hoped things wouldn't get violent for whatever wrong the other stallion thought Shadowknight had commited toward him.

Shadow Dancer just came home from a day at the forge when he checked his mail. "Bill, Bill, junk, and even more junk mail." He almost missed it, a small invitation letter to some Lonelyhearts Hotel for a weeks visit, from that day to hearts and hooves day.

He read the letter and thought about it deciding he had nothing to loose he accepted and was promptly teleported to a forest facing north. Shrugging Shadow Dancer walked forward.

The ex-soilder was greeted with the sight of a five star hotel that was called Lonelyhearts Hotel. Now at his destination in front of him he walked in and showed the inventation to the clerk, whom nodded and gave him a room and keys.

Wolf then scooted her chair towrds Shadow and looked him innocently and asked quitley: "Why are you covering your face...? A pretty mare like me doesn't bite too hard". She laughed as she gently pushed his shoulder.

Wolf then took her ponytail out and let her long jet black main down as she sighed. She was obviously the kind of pony who liked to talk  and didn't understand why somepony would be so shy.

"I er am sorry." Shadowknight was glad his hood was up and that he had a dark hide, for if anypony could see his face at that moment they would see a very red stallion indeed. "I um don't do well... socially." Shadowknight slightly recoiled from Wolf's touch. It wasn't that he didn't like it it was just that he wasn't used to much physical contact with other ponies, especially mares. "Also I have a bit of er a condition where lots of light hurts my eyes and um since your coat is so bright it well er... blinded me a bit." Shadowknight finished lamely. He didn't realize what he had just said sounded like he was hitting on Wolf. In socialization, Shadowknight was almost as naive as his brother.

Shadow Dancer gose to the dining area to eat and get a feel of the place and its other guests, and to learn more about them without having to exchange plesentries like some damn aristocrat. He did not find much only finding that a stallion wearing a cloak was very shy and that the mare sitting in front of him was the exact opposite.

An awkward silence filled the room as the only sound heard was the crakcling fire in the fireplace.

"So... What's your name? Are you on vacation?" Wolf asked with a smile.

"I really needed a place to stay because I was traveling on foot and it started to snow".

"Well my name is Shadowknight and er well I guess I just wanted to get away from Ponyville..." Shadowknight said. He then muttered under his breath "and Hearts and hooves day..." He was still nervous about the mare. "I don't think you told me your name if um thats okay." Shadowknight said, he could have facehoofed then and there. He knew he was terrible at socializing, but he was always told to try his best. "And may I ask what is your job?" He thought it would be better to take the conversation off himself so his awkwardness wouldn't show out so much.

"Well my name is Shadowknight and er well I guess I just wanted to get away from Ponyville..." Shadowknight said. He then muttered under his breath "and Hearts and hooves day..." He was still nervous about the mare. "I don't think you told me your name if um thats okay." Shadowknight said, he could have facehoofed then and there. He knew he was terrible at socializing, but he was always told to try his best. "And may I ask what is your job?" He thought it would be better to take the conversation off himself so his awkwardness wouldn't show out so much.

"My name is Wolf. I'm actually from the Himeneighyas; really far from here". She said as she looked at the hotel floor.

"Hi, Shadow. Is it okay if I call you that?" She asked.

"My job? Well... I am currently unemployed if that's what you're asking". 

"Um... You said that you were trying to get away from Hearts & Hooves Day?"

"Yes that is uh fine." Shadowknight replied to Wolf asking if she could call him Shadow. He waited for her to finished speaking before his next reply. "I don't really like hearts and hooves day... If you haven't already guessed Im not really good at talking to other ponies so... yeah..." He trailed off a bit looking down at his cider and sighing. "Speaking of which Im sorry that Im not better company." Shadowknight said to Wolf apologetically.

"Uh, no. It's alright. I don't expect everypony to be talkative". Wolf replied with a blank expression.

"Unless you're just nervous in front of a pretty girl like myself" she said with an obvious attitude.

She then turned her attention to Shadow Dancer who was awkwardly standing there.

Shadow Dancer was at this point was eating only giving the two a couple tables away only half of his attention, so it was no surprise that he just noticed the mare two tables away look at him. In response he raised an eye brow and asked, "You need anything ma'am?"

Shadowknight glanced at Shadow Dancer and noticed that Wolf was distracted by him, and probably not very interested in himself. He debated whether to stealthily leave or not and decided it might be rude if Wolf noticed. He also knew that this was his nervousness speaking. He had come to meet other ponies that felt as he did, he wasn't going to chicken out. So shadowknight went back to sipping his cider. He couldn't help think that while Wolf was very pretty and nice, but she did seem somewhat arrogant in assuming herself to be beautiful.

"It may seem selfish, but I am only speaking the truth". Wolf glared at Shadow as she snapped.

Wolf looked as if she was just insulted. Even though Shadow didn't directly say that Wolf was arrogant, she had a nack for picking up on other pony's emotions.

She started to look angry.

Shadow Dancer looked away from the mare in front of him and shrugged, figuring something was going on between the two, he opted to just continue eating and order another drink not wanting to waste his own time on something going nowhere, even if he had nowhere to be himself.

Shadowknight looked surprised, even though the others couldn't see his expression his body language gave it away. "I didn't say anything..." He said calmly and quietly. "I am sorry if I somehow offended you." He continued to say. He finished off his cider and then got up. He sensed tension and one of the best ways that he knew how to dissolve it was by leaving. "I will take my leave then before this escalates. It was a pleasure to meet you, Wolf." Shadowknight bowed his head slightly in her direction before he left the lobby. He decided to go for a walk outside and left the hotel to walk along the nearby beach and marvel as the sun made its arc to the horizon.

• 2 weeks later...

Wolf, looking confused, suddenly turned to Shadow and pulled down his hood. 

The room was then filled with a flood of silence...

"I'm sorry... But, I had to be sure that you weren't some sort of burglar or something. Your hood was making me nervous'.

She then looked at Shadow's body as if she was inspecting it. She was making sure that he hadn't stolen any property.

Shadow Dancer finished his second drink, then went to his room 'Why the hell did I come here? It's just a waste of time and I won't get anything from it' He thought before arriving at the room he had for the week, once he entered he saw the large bed, candle's in a cabinet and in another some wine.

With a sigh Shadow Dancer sat on a chair and just let himself remember his first love, and he smiled, with the memories.

Edited by Shadow Dancer