Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What's your favorite tree/flower

iceestarz

Favorite trees are bottlebrushes, and favorite flowers are orchids.  

I'm not allowed to have these trees anymore, because my granny says they attract too many bees  :(

5719283002_24faeed4fc_z.jpg

• Brohoof 3

I have an, honestly, really ugly looking cactus standing in my window.. but.. it blossoms the most beautiful flower I've ever seen.  :squee:

(Note: It only does this ONE time a year).

10389686_10203402440956027_3620395702362

Sunflowers always make me happy... :)

Sunflowers are basically like the biggest symbol of happiness in my family. It's like an icon that my whole family uses in honor of my grandma who passed away from cancer when I was 3. She loved gardening and her favorite flower was sunflowers.

So yes, sunflowers also make me happy too! :P

• Brohoof 1

I like pine trees and maples.

red_maple_fall-RESIZED.jpg

Maples are some of the most beautiful trees of autumn, and they also are the wood which is used to make my instrument (bassoon). I was very shocked to learn that fact. Especially, because I have one in my backyard.

As for flowers, I'm pretty simple. I really like pink flowers, especially roses and tulips and the like.

• Brohoof 4

I think that Calla lilies are pretty. My mother used to buy a fair few of them. I always look at them when I'm bored. x)

soft-pink-calla-lilies-byron-varvarigos.

I also love roses. Especially red roses. :D

• Brohoof 3

Hoofs for everypony!  What a nice, cheery topic!

My favorite tree is the Jeffrey Pine.  It's beautiful, but the reason I especially love them is because they are easily identifiable by their unique scent.  The bark smells like either vanilla or pineapple.  If you've never tried smelling a Jeffrey Pine, you must.  It is one of nature's strange and wonderful phenomena.

My favorite flower is Lupine, because it reminds me of my youth.

I prefer the rose. Its simplicity and beauty are to be admired.

Also most times, they are red which is my favourite colour, so I can't really complain there!

With trees, I like those old grand oaks that just overhang. They make for an excellent source of shade when relaxing on a hot summer's day and for me are very aesthetically pleasing!

• Brohoof 1