Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What subjects are you interested in that others may find disturbing?

DATA EXPUNGED

Warning, If you are easilly offended with the Occult or other such subjects, read no further. 

As the title says, what subjects are you interested in that others may find disturbing? For me, i am interested in strange or mysterious religions. More specifically, Cults. I find Neo-Pagan and other Cults such as the Warlocks very interesting. The Occult and the Satanic Church are all so fascinating. I am an atheist myself and don't actually practice or believe the religions I study, I just find them interesting. Anyway, what are you people interested in. 

• Brohoof 3

Various crimes such as murders and mass shootings. I've always found studying psychopaths to be interesting so I'm typically looking at stuff related to it, whether fictional or real.

• Brohoof 3

I have been really dedicated to learning a lot of things about everything around me. That includes things like weird sexual fantasies, political ideologies, moral points, crimes, religion and lots of taboos. When you educate yourself on things that other people ignore, your opinion changes and when you bring that opinion infront of other people, they might find it disturbing. Typical example is me and most of my classmates and friends that are always around me when we discuss something.

Edited by DifferentStereotype
  • Brohoof 2

I study the dark art of evolutionary biology. (Ssh, don't tell anyone.)

I've also dabbled in the occult and have an interest in marketing tactics and consumer psychology. (Despite the fact that I am effectively studying how to manipulate people, I am generally very courteous and social.)

I also have an obsession with WW2, so naturally Nazis are involved in my interests.

Various crimes such as murders and mass shootings. I've always found studying psychopaths to be interesting so I'm typically looking at stuff related to it, whether fictional or real.

Me too, I'm also pretty interested in finding out what makes someone able to commit mass shootings and such. I don't know how much time I spent on reading about Adam Lanza, for example...it's pretty chilling and creepy, reading about his life, his hobbies, his personality, and everything else.

• Brohoof 1

MOD NOTE: As a friendly reminder for everyone, please be sure to keep the discussion clean and safe for readers 13+. It's fine to be open about your interests, but don't let the topic devolve into disturbing territory. Let's try to keep this comfortable for everyone. Thanks! :)

As for me, I have a natural interest in the paranormal and all things occult. And by that, I just mean that I really enjoy creepy stories about ghosts and other phenomenon. =P

• Brohoof 6

(edited)

Ah yes. The human mind is very interesting. We are naturally a very violent and spiteful species. I find it enthralling that we are capable of such acts, even more than even the most feral beasts of the wild. Genocide has always been a compelling subject.

As for me, I have a natural interest in the paranormal and all things occult. And by that, I just mean that I really enjoy creepy stories about ghosts and other phenomenon. =P

Have you ever heard of the Occult book "The Archangel Grimoire"? It has all the information of the occult, ghosts, and paranormal phenomenon you could ever need.   

20070126+Elora+Fergus+Studio+Tour-037925

Edited by DATA EXPUNGED
  • Brohoof 1

Various fetishes, some of them I have some of them are ones others have that I either find interesting or a tad strange. Various "conspiracy theories" which I put in quotes because while people are disturbed at how people are "crazy" enough to believe them I am more disturbed at just how people are ready to believe things the government says that are even crazier. My interest stems not just from fascination but a desire to know what is going on behind the scenes, as the saying goes "knowledge is power". I am also interested in the occult not because I practice any of that stuff but just find it interesting.

I'm actually kind of interested in bullying... I'm no bully myself, but seeing other people pick on another just for the heck of it makes me wonder why people do it.

I'm also interested in death, especially murder. I'm always intrigued whenever I read a story about a well-known murder.

I don't think I really have anything like that?

Maybe the closest would be in that I've enjoyed studying the Bible and its origins in the context of its time and as ancient mythology, as opposed to as a holy document.

• Brohoof 1

I too, am interested in subjects that range from the histories of serial killers, to SCP articles, to the paranormal, like ghosts and the like. It's always been a fascination of mine!

I don't think I really have anything like that?

Maybe the closest would be in that I've enjoyed studying the Bible and its origins in the context of its time and as ancient mythology, as opposed to as a holy document.

that's the way i look at the bible, i also look for historic events that may relate to the biblical stories, as well as anything that may be the basis for some of the mythology and symbolism that is used in the bible. some biblical scholars believe that hell and the devil as described by the bible may actually refer to ancient Rome, and satan may actually be emperor Nero. kinda makes sense considering the Romans known persecution of the early Christians.

As for some of mine, being a history buff, especially 20 th century, WWI and WWII are especially fascinating from that standpoint. i have read about both the war strategy and the overall structure of the various governments involved especially the Nazis, the USSR, and Imperial Japan.

USSR history as a whole is also fascinating.

also, i like to study mental disorders.

Deep deep ocean

Paranormal things

Psychology

*Evil* and stuff, philosophy things 

Cannibalism (what, its perfectly normal, I just wonder what people taste like)

Death and whats after

I find serial killers and sociopaths incredibly interesting, especially when the serial killers get away with murder after murder for decades almost. I find demonic stuff interesting as well. Sketch ass possessions and demonic presences make me go cray excitement. Some people find my love of ponies disturbing as well. I don know why, but hey. To each their own.

Pretty much what I came to say. Crime shows and crime documentaries are extremely interesting. I also like looking at the... dark periods of history, I suppose we should call them. I find them to be awful, but it's also such a good reminder on how bad humanity can fall (and how far we've managed to come since then).

• Brohoof 1

Dude, same. Do you know about Ed Gein?