Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What are your thoughts on McDonald's?

TheJLeeTeam

I love McDonald's. I love it like the air I breathe. What can I say? There are simply times when one needs the synthetic, assembly line goodness of greasy, highly fattening fast food. It usually means an extra hour at the gym, but sooooo worth it! :wub:

Their food is horribly unhealthy yet so horribly delicious...

Generally, I don't eat fast food very often since it can be expensive and, well, the obvious health concerns. But I don't mind having a cheeseburger or Chicken McNuggets on occasion.

The only thing that I like from McDonalds these days is their McFlurry, especially when they sell the Crème Egg one during the weeks leading up to Easter. I do wish that it could be sold during the rest of the year as it's so good. My brother tends to have McDonalds maybe once every couple of weeks.

• 1 month later...

I think the last time I ate at a McDonald's would have been... 1996? I would still have been in high school, but I think I chose not to eat it anymore around then.

Even though I prefer Hesburger, McDonald's is still good too and I especially appreciate the fries and those cheap cheeseburgers. Though once I had to eat about two cheeseburgers that had already gone kind of cold and it sometimes still haunts me. :wacko:

These are my thoughts on McDonald's

metrostore.jpg

Basically, McDonald's used to exist in Iceland, but following some deals and arguments, we decided to terminate their license to sell stuff here and we created our own burger restaurant called Metro and we used the old McDonalds buildings in Iceland for Metro. Metro is basically a copy of McDonald's in every single way, even the Happy Meal boxes look like McDonald's with that yellow smile. 

I think McDonald's is alright, it is really nothing special. I have had better burgers. But they are cheap. 

I love McDonald's breakfast. Their lunch options have gotten better, but their burgers are very subpar compared to other fast food restaurants.

Good deals on the app though. 

I am not a McDonalds fan (or fast food at general). The last time I was in a McDonalds Restaurant to eat something was Summer 2015 while I was on Galacon. Since than, I never ate at McDonalds again and I also don't miss it.

Mediocre food. I only go there to get dessert and Mcfrapes. And even then it's pretty seldom. There are better places nearby. Like Culvers. Or take an extra 10 minutes and hit up Dairy Queen, Star Bucks, Taco Bell or Arbys. 

McDonald's is alright, I don't mind eating there every so often when it's offered and their breakfast is amazing, but if given the option, I would rather go to Wendy's as far as anything else is concerned.

(edited)

I like the food, SO LONG AS I CAN GET SOME HALF DECENT SERVICE AND NOT GET A BURGER WHEN I ASKED FOR A MILKSHAKE!

Oosa... Sorry about that guys but I haven't gotten my order correct in the last seven times I've been and it's just really annoying, not to mention I can't even eat burgers... :(

Edited by kaiser5578

Is there such a thing as food indoctrination? I remember them advertising on kids channels very commonly with their happy meals and mascots, but I havent seen a McDonald's commercial in years. I wonder if it's that childhood familiarity that keeps the restaurant going or some similar subtle psychological strategery at play...

But at any rate, balance is key. The menu is pretty unhealthy, so you shouldn't base your diet on it; not even their breakfast sandwiches. By the same token, it's alright as a rare occurrence. Try to have a mostly balanced diet, exercise and it shouldn't be a big issue.

• Brohoof 1