Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Which pony race would you want to be? Why?

Lunar Glow

80 users have voted

1. 1. What pony race would you want to be?

• Earth Pony
    • Pegusus
    • Unicorn
    • Another race in Equestria, such as a Griffon or a Zebra

well, does the guard thing work? I mean ponies are in harmony, and the occasional criminal is brought in by the guard...

The guard thing doesn't work because Celestia just gets Twilight and the remane five to do all her dirty work. Now I know that they bear the elements of harmony and thus are very powerful together, but is that really a good enough excuse to do almost nothing anytime something happens? Now that Twilight is the 'Princess of Friendship' and has her own castle Celestia and the others are all but obsolete when it comes to protecting Equestria.

The guard thing doesn't work because Celestia just gets Twilight and the remane five to do all her dirty work. Now I know that they bear the elements of harmony and thus are very powerful together, but is that really a good enough excuse to do almost nothing anytime something happens? Now that Twilight is the 'Princess of Friendship' and has her own castle Celestia and the others are all but obsolete when it comes to protecting Equestria.

elements are only used on tye highest threats nopony can handle because of thier power, and well, princess doesn't do it because elements are more effective.

I mean do you want an enraged princess going all out near civilians? Or 6 mares with harmony power?

elements are only used on tye highest threats nopony can handle because of thier power, and well, princess doesn't do it because elements are more effective.

I mean do you want an enraged princess going all out near civilians? Or 6 mares with harmony power?

That sounds like a very convenient excuse not to do anything at all. Those princesses are just lazy in my opinion.

And we've already seen Twilight go all out against Tirek in the season four finale, and I doubt I'm alone when I say it was much more entertaining than seeing another generic rainbow blast. Despite the fact that it only ended in a stalemate and it eventually did take yet another rainbow to defeat him.

Edited by Roughshod

I would love to be a unicorn. In fact, I often express my desires to be one because two hands just isn't working out. (I know ponies don't have hands, but a unicorn can hold more things than I can.) 

My favorite species is earth pony, I would probably be an earth pony if I wen't to Equestria and didn't get a choice, but considering how many times I wished I could levitate stuff, I would want to be a unicorn. 

• Brohoof 1

I can't fully say my decision to be honest. I'm quite scared of heights so Pegasus would probably be out of the question, unless there'd be a chance it'd help me get rid of my phobia. With Unicorn I could do all sorts of things and as an earth well I'd be strong and stuff I guess. It's more of a unicorn or earth with me. I'd go with the former I suppose.

Earth Ponies don't get much love, do they...? I'd be perfectly fine if I were turned into an Earth Pony! You can still stand out, even without wings or magic!

Edited by Hypn0ticD

With over 84% of the vote split between pegasi and unicorns it seems like earth ponies and the other species just don't have the same kind of appeal. From what I've read it seems that personal temperament has quite a bit to do with what race a person prefers.

I suspect this has something to do with the respective characters who belong to these races which may have influenced people's opinions.

Earth Ponies don't get much love, do they...? I'd be perfectly fine if I were turned into an Earth Pony! You can still stand out, even without wings or magic!

and? Standing out isn't the point, you can do what earth ponies can do as a unicorn or a pegasys, but have magic or fly, all they are is a tad bit stronger naturally...physical strength isn't everything...

With a human mind a unicorn would be strong and make a spell or two.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...

I,ll go with Pegasus. First of all, flying would be very fun and useful. Getting from point A to point B would be very quick and easy with flight. Second, the ability to control weather would be useful also. Plus, the ability to walk and stand on clouds would be awesome because of the maximized comfort. Everything about being a Pegasus just seems so epic to me. I mean, magic is cool and all but when it comes to me, you can't beat flight. Pegasus FTW.

Given the choice of just the pony races my choice would be Pegasus as it would be awesome to be able to fly and having that ability appeals more than being connected to the earth or having magic for me. Given the choice of other species though my choice would be Hippogriff as as well as having wings I'll also have poseable claws on my front limbs which would make life a whole lot easier for picking things up and making things compared to hooves. Also if I had a piece of the magic pearl I could transfrom into a seapony at will and be able to live and explore underwater too.

I think I would have to be a unicorn. Even though I think flying would be really cool, I really don't know how I'd survive without hand unless I could levitate stuff. Earth ponies are nice too, but I just really like the idea of magic.

changeling because everyone knows that unicorns are the master race but changelings are the master species. I could be pretty much everything i want, like a ditto but without the stats and moves limitations. The only bad thing about it is that they have probably a lot of mental issues but i already have them so that's fine.

if you want to know which pony pony race i would be though it would be earth pony because i think they are much more than what they appear to be in terms of race and because no one suspects the earth pony.

I think being an earth pony would be fun.  I’m scared of heights and I don’t trust myself with experimenting with magic.  I don’t think I need wings or fancy magic to have a good life in Equestria.

• Brohoof 1

• 4 weeks later...