Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Colours! Help me decide.

AmberDust

Which colour scheme is best for Amber Dust?  

30 users have voted

1. 1. Which colour scheme is best for my FC?

• Option 1
    • Option 2
    • Option 3 (suggest eye colour in comments)
    • Something else! (Comment)

EDIT!!

...aaand i accidentally deleted the poll. time to START OVER...ugh.

AGAIN!! I made the mistake of trying to edit this again...ugh.

Anyways...

Oh, I might not have mentioned this--please don't judge based on the hairstyles or poses or things like that--Amber will wear any and all of these hairstyles at one point--I just need opinions on colour. Okay, now read.

After asking for help with my FC's colour scheme here, I've tried out a few of my friends' suggestions--but I'm still unsure, so what do you think?

Here's a little information about her if you don't want to click the link...

Amber's a realist, but still has strong ideals. She's very curious and a little shy, but passionate about discovering new things (her curiosity and wit outweigh her shyness, which could probably get her into sticky situations). She's aspiring to become a designer/artist, but her heart yearns for the thrill of discovery. She's afraid of leaping into new things unprepared, and she has a strong interest in magic, but she's not really any better than the average unicorn. If she were to weild an element, it would be honesty or kindness. She values LOGIC.

Her name/theme was inspired a bit by Blue amber, a stone that glows under black light. I was thinking her cutie mark would be said rock, representing "a light in the dark", or hope.

AS FOR THE POLL, #1 is top-left, then continue to the right then down.

post-29013-0-36758700-1415503798_thumb.png

post-29013-0-38780500-1415503829_thumb.png

post-29013-0-47971100-1415503870_thumb.png

post-29013-0-18476900-1415503873_thumb.png

Edited by AmberDust

I like number one in the coloring,  it makes

the eyes more striking and stand out and

also the hair style of the braid is well, graceful

in a match!

Oh, I might not have mentioned this--please don't judge based on the hairstyles or poses or things like that--Amber will wear any and all of these hairstyles a one point--I just need opinions on colour.

I do really like number two.  :P

Voted!

Number three would look great with silver eyes.

I choose number three

I think she would look great with this color eyes

Search:

#9F81F7

I like number one in the coloring,  it makes

the eyes more striking and stand out and

also the hair style of the braid is well, graceful

in a match!

unfortunately i accidentally deleted the poll...would you mind checking it out again? >.<

Well after having a good long look around and reading how you described Amber, i have come up with a few suggestions

If i were to chose a colour scheme out of the ones you have drawn i would chose pony 3

Reason: I think that the soft blue shows of her shyness while the black shows her thrill of discovery, curiosity and strong ideals.  

Then again if your not sure the black would suit her personality you could always end her mane and tail with a nice orange or blue to mach her cutie mark.

I would give her the eyes you used on pony 1 and if i were to give her an element of harmony it would be kindness

Please reply and let me know what you think. I hope i helped

• Brohoof 1

Well after having a good long look around and reading how you described Amber, i have come up with a few suggestions

If i were to chose a colour scheme out of the ones you have drawn i would chose pony 3

Reason: I think that the soft blue shows of her shyness while the black shows her thrill of discovery, curiosity and strong ideals.  

Then again if your not sure the black would suit her personality you could always end her mane and tail with a nice orange or blue to mach her cutie mark.

I would give her the eyes you used on pony 1 and if i were to give her an element of harmony it would be kindness

Please reply and let me know what you think. I hope i helped

Thanks for this awesome reply!

But the mane on Pony 3 is actually supposed to be a dark, chestnut brown...does that change anything? This was kind of my original idea back when she was a ponysona. u_u"

I'm getting all jumbled because I'm trying to make the colours look good but also be symbolic of her personality and ALSO include the blue of the amber. ^^" It's tougher than i thought.

Hey sorry for the late reply i didnt have any internet and seeing all these OC's made me want to make some of my own,

so now i am currently working on some ponies.

Anyway a dark, chestnut brown would work just as well. I still think that Pony 3 is the best option and suits Ambers personality the best

but knowing that you want to include the blue amber you could always give her a blue streak in her mane/tail using the same blue to match her cutie mark.

I dont know i;m just throwing ideas out but hopefuly i helped. And btw great idea for a cutie mark

• Brohoof 1

I think Amber Dust would suit a blue color so i would chose pony 1 & i would make her the element of kindness because ponies who are shy like Amber & Fluttershy are always kind to others!  ;) 

You could even make her mane multi-colored like making part of her braid light blue & the other part of her braid a bit darker but that's just what i would do.  :) 

• Brohoof 1

I think Amber Dust would suit a blue color so i would chose pony 1 & i would make her the element of kindness because ponies who are shy like Amber & Fluttershy are always kind to others! ;)

I'm going to have to insist that she is better suited for the element of honesty. :) Sure, she is kind, and she is a little shy, but more than that she is honest with herself and with others. I might even go as far to say that she's a seeker if the truth. She was originally my ponysona, so I'd like to let her hold onto that one aspect of myself I'm proud to represent. I'm not saying she's similar to Applejack or dissimilar to Fluttershy--I just think she'd sooner tell a pony what they did wrong and try to help them than tell a pony they did well to avoid hurting their feelings.

In my mind, the elements if kindness and honesty are opposites. That's just me though. :P She'll never end up wielding an element, anyways.

I'm going to have to insist that she is better suited for the element of honesty. :) Sure, she is kind, and she is a little shy, but more than that she is honest with herself and with others. I might even go as far to say that she's a seeker if the truth. She was originally my ponysona, so I'd like to let her hold onto that one aspect of myself I'm proud to represent. I'm not saying she's similar to Applejack or dissimilar to Fluttershy--I just think she'd sooner tell a pony what they did wrong and try to help them than tell a pony they did well to avoid hurting their feelings.

In my mind, the elements if kindness and honesty are opposites. That's just me though. :P She'll never end up wielding an element, anyways.

You know... now that i'm starting to take a closer look at Amber, i think she would suit the element of honesty but anyway, you made a good decision.  :) 

• Brohoof 1

I think number 3, with a blue-ish green eye scheme. She strikes me as someone who's interesting, but has a semi-permanent prescence. Basically, someone who likes to help, but doesn't like to stick around for the praise after the fact. I think 1 might be too shy(ghosty) for her personality, while 2 is too bold.

Edited by Shimmer5000
  • Brohoof 1

Voted for two. I think the purple goes well with the yellow. The shade of purple looks strong enough to still stand out as a purple but mellow enough to fit her. I suck with colours, so my opinion should not be taken seriously.