Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What kind of PC do you use, manufactured or you built it yourself?

VictiniStar101

I hate windows 8, I honestly can't wait to get a new laptop.

I hate windows 8 too, mainly because they got rid of the start menu.

What's next, car companies are going to get rid of steering wheels in cars? :muffins:

***Scratch that, some "Geniuses" are already working on that.

post-24370-0-58283800-1416063191.jpg

'Cuz you know hackers totally aren't going to mess with that system.

Edited by steve88
  • Brohoof 3

I hate windows 8 too, mainly because they got rid of the start menu.

What's next, car companies are going to get rid of steering wheels in cars? :muffins:

***Scratch that, some "Geniuses" are already working on that.

attachicon.gifrfchoof.jpg

'Cuz you know hackers totally aren't going to mess with that system.

it's really messed up  >_> taking all the fun away from having a computer! 

I was so happy to start rom hacking after I got this thing, only to find out I couldn't.

it was like the whole reason I got a laptop. 

meh, live and learn I guess. :okiedokielokie:

• Brohoof 1

I built my PC for gaming mostly here are my specs: 

Mobo: Asus rampage IV extreme LGA 2011 

CPU/Cooling: Intel 3960x i7 and a Noctua NHd14 cooler

RAM: 32 GB of mushkin silverline 1600mhz ram 

HDD's: 2 WD Caviar Blacks, 1 Samsung EVO 250 GB SSD

Sound Card: Creative ZXR 

GPU's GTX 680 4GB SLI 

Case: CM Storm Stryker

• Brohoof 1

At least Win8 users will get a free copy of Win10(so strange calling it that), hopefully that will actually be good, Microsoft must have realized their mistake.

Microsoft never admits mistakes.  

I don't know all the details but I read on a tech website that the reason they are calling it Win10 instead of Win9 is because of poorly written code.  There are a lot of programs that check compatibility by looking to see if the windows version is Win9 (as in Windows 95/98) or better.  This causing alot of problems when trying to install and run those old programs.  So to keep compatibility they had to skip 9 and go to 10.  And apparently it wasn't just third party programs that did that, MS official programs do as well.  There's apparently better ways they could have done that check but lazy programmers went with that.  And just like the Y2K bug, time has caught up to crappy code writing.

• Brohoof 3

CPU: AMD FX-8350 @ 5,20 GHz

GPU: XFX DD 7870 1150/1300Mhz

RAM: 4x2GB Corsair Dominator CL8 1600Mhz

SSD: Samsung 840 250GB

PCB: ASRock 990FX Extreme9

SPU: Xonar D2

PSU: Corsair AX 750 W

She is starting to get  really old now :okiedokielokie:

320023_10200187045011215_74420342_n.jpg?

Img_0467.jpg?t=gallery&k=349207a0

What kind of PC do you guys use, manufactured, such as a Dell or HP pc, or one that was built by you or some other company such as Cyberpower or MSI?

Please include your specifications as well, if you know them.

I use a PC that I built in the summer of last year.  It's pretty low-end but it gets the job done, although if I can, I will get some more parts and build a better one next summer.

Current specs

AMD FX-4100 Quad-core processor @ 3.6 GHz

XFX Radeon 6670

8 GB of RAM

500 GB hard drive

The parts that I want to get to build a new PC

http://pcpartpicker.com/user/VictiniStar101/saved/wsvbt6

I just use some laptop that doesn't even have a CD drive someone bought me two years or so ago for school not games.

I never took a collage class for computers so I can't build one if I wanted to.

Edited by MetaKnight145

Built myself.

i7-2600k @ 3.8 GHz (I can clock this thing up to 4.5 on air though, but I don't keep it that way. Don't need to overclock.)

GTX 670

16 GB RAM

Two 1 TB HDDs in RAID 0 and a 256 GB SSD.

Still easily runs modern games on ultra, despite spec requirements asking for ridiculous amounts of VRAM. They lie.

• 5 months later...

I've only ever used manufactured devices so far... I'd probably go insane if I tried to make one. :P I'm not sure what my specs are, however, but my current laptop is fine with me regardless. :ooh:

I built mine, the specs are

Intel core i5 4690k with Hyper 212 EVO cooler

XFX Radeon R9 270X

8GB Gskill Ripjaw DDR3 1600 MHz RAM

Asus Maximus VII Hero LGA 1150 Mobo

Fractal Design Define R4

Corsair CX 750w PSU

• Brohoof 1

I have a Gateway laptop and it is pitifully standard. I know little of the specs but on the top of my head I do know that is has a 500GB hard drive and 4GB of ram. Needless to say I do not play games on it. It is more of a web browsey, Photoshoppy type of computer for me. It works well though in that regard.

• Brohoof 2

Contrary to the stereotype, I know nor care anything about computers, so I'll probably sound like an idiot, but here goes...

Primary: 2012 Apple iPad, the first one. I use this almost exclusively, including right now.

Secondary:2013 Asus, bought it at. Radio Shack to take to college. It's the cheapest model available at that time, so make of that as you will. At least. I avoided Vista :lol:

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Well, we own two laptops, so kinda by default they have to be pre-built. One of them is a Dell Inspiron with an i3 2000-something, HD 3000 graphics, and 6gb of ram. It is currently having problems booting, but I'm working on fixing it.

So for now, that leaves me with this Dell Latitude laptop from 2007 that we resurrected a while ago. It's got a Core 2 Duo and 1gb of ram (I know, I know). I've had to install a lightweight Linux distro on it because Windows 7 runs takes up too much ram and makes the computer run like shit.

I'll be building a desktop as soon as I have enough money.

Edited by Mouse

Currently I have a Laptop with about 4gb of RAM and like a dual core 2 ghz core i3 cpu. I don't play many games on it but I use it for making video edits and photo edits and it works well but I plan to get a more powerful PC so I can make more complex edits.

I self built mine quite a few years ago now.

Specs:

CPU - Intel i7 3770k Overclocked to around 4.3ghz

Cooing - Corsair H80i Liquid CPU cooling.

Case - Coolermaster HAF X

RAM - Corsair Vengence 1866mhz, 16GB (4x4 config)

GPU - nVidia GTX 680

Motherboard - Asus Maximus IV Extreme.

HDD - 2x WD velociraptor 10k RPM 1TB drives, one for OS and the other for Games (Both my SSDs faulted so i replaced with these)

Additional HDDs - General WD 7200 RPM drives, totaling another 5TB (Total space with main drives is 7TB)

I use a PC and I really like it

What PC?

Ive been back on the forums for a total of about 20 mins and already seen you in every thread, you post alot dont you? ^^